‘Inevitable’ 9.0 earthquake, tsunami will hit Canada’s West Coast: expert

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4W2iUl0VB8c&feature=emb_logo

The threat of the “big one” hitting Western Canada has been looming for years. Experts say a powerful magnitude 9.0 earthquake could rip through the Pacific Coast, killings thousands and causing tsunami waves up to 20 metres high.

Well fukk, there goes my vacation plans for next month, just hope Trudeau catches a wave.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

Just stay there and wait for the BIG One..

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Some would say a Trump or Trudeau thread is doom and gloom, just trying to shift gears a bit.

Well I have been warned an earthquake is imminent my whole life , and other then a few tremors ,am still waiting . Mount St. Helens provided more of a shake then any tremors I have felt .

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4W2iUl0VB8c&feature=emb_logo

The threat of the “big one” hitting Western Canada has been looming for years. Experts say a powerful magnitude 9.0 earthquake could rip through the Pacific Coast, killings thousands and causing tsunami waves up to 20 metres high.
Well fukk, there goes my vacation plans for next month, just hope Trudeau catches a wave.
That’s nice.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Well I have been warned an earthquake is imminent my whole life , and other then a few tremors ,am still waiting . Mount St. Helens provided more of a shake then any tremors I have felt .
Me too. Every couple of years they drag this old bone out to scare everyone into buying a bunch more emergency supplies and make building more expensive.. The worst we ever had was in the 60s when part of Pt Alberni got washed.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Me too. Every couple of years they drag this old bone out to scare everyone into buying a bunch more emergency supplies and make building more expensive.. The worst we ever had was in the 60s when part of Pt Alberni got washed.
But that earthquake happened in Alaska , and Port got creamed by the tsunami.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister

A Tsunami Tax to combat man-made Tusanamis is completely in order

That was Global Warming and had we a carbon tax at the time, Port Alberni would have been spared

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
It would be the best thing to ever happen to Vancouver.
Was snarkily thinking along the same lines, pete. No great loss to the ROP. Once it happens, we in the Interior can make a good claim for moving the legislature to Kamloops - where it should have been all along - rightly citing the fact that the coast isn't the safest place for our seat of government.

I would feel bad for those poor right-thinking souls marooned among the sea of lefties who will be adversely affected.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Apparently a good wave requires lots of distance to build, so a shaker close to the coast probably won't cause a lot of flooding and one in the gulf doesn't have the distance to build a good wave. Could liquefy the mus flats Richmond is built on.