Capitalism will save this world


Cliffy
#2671
 
petros
+2
#2672
Have you slept?
 
Walter
+2
#2673
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Typical scene from a Dem run city.
 
petros
+3
#2674
Where doesnt have junkies or drunks? North Korea?

Junkies in the US are lucky they can spike another day after a nap on the sidewalk.

Other places they'd be shot or jailed.
 
taxslave
+4
#2675
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Typical scene from a Dem run city.

They are lucky they live in a democracy. Most places in the world would shoot them. Same with gays.
 
Twin_Moose
+3
#2676
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

They are lucky they live in a democracy. Most places in the world would shoot them. Same with gays.

And druggies
 
Cliffy
+1
#2677
 
captain morgan
+6
#2678
No one is forced into capitalism, you can opt out and live off the bounty of Gaia... But when you want the niceties and other services like healthcare or a home with a warm bed, then you come bleating and moaning that capitalism provide for such.


Hypocrite
 
Walter
#2679
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Prog shit.
 
Hoid
+1
#2680
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

No different that trying to say someone cannot advocate for electric cars if they are still driving a gas burner.

They are driving gas burner because they have to.

That's the problem.
 
Hoid
#2681
American health care system costs four times more than Canada's single-payer system
Average Americans pay $2,497 a year for insurance overhead and admin costs, while Canadians pay just $551

https://www.salon.com/2020/02/15/ame...-payer-system/

capitalism not working too well in American healthcare
 
AnnaE
-1
#2682
Here's an example of American style capitalism at its finest:
https://www.thebalance.com/medical-b...istics-4154729
And then its government seeks to reward those companies that make profits by making people unhealthy.
It's a brilliant way to make money and keep the government a slave to business.
 
Mowich
+3
#2683
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Those government checks still arriving in your mailbox, Cliff?
 
Mowich
+1
#2684
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Same goes for Fascist Book whores, Cliff.
 
Mowich
+3
#2685
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

LOL, Cliff. Nothing to do with personal responsibility. Saying no to drugs. Getting and keeping a job. Knowing the difference between a couple of drinks and all out blotto.
 
AnnaE
#2686
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaE View Post

Here's an example of American style capitalism at its finest:
https://www.thebalance.com/medical-b...istics-4154729
And then its government seeks to reward those companies that make profits by making people unhealthy.

And companies con people into loving it.
 
Cliffy
-1
#2687
 
Walter
+1
#2688
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

What a pile of prog shit.
 
DaSleeper
#2689
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Fakebook shit

Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

What a pile of prog shit.


See above
 
Cliffy
-1
#2690
 
petros
+2
#2691
Is that a stoner on legal indoor carbon intensive weed?
 
Walter
#2692
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Prog shit.
 
taxslave
+5
#2693
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

No different that trying to say someone cannot advocate for electric cars if they are still driving a gas burner.
They are driving gas burner because they have to.
That's the problem.

Because electric cars are still in the rich mans toy catagory. Their time may come but there are other types of propulsion with greater potential for long haul and heavy work.
 
petros
+3
#2694
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

I've already had it all for 29 years...

 
Cliffy
+2
#2695
 
petros
+4
#2696
Did you get caught padding a claim or is it arson?
 
Twin_Moose
+5
#2697
Yep socialism paid for by a municipal tax rate set on property value and a surcharge in our area is $1700.00 that covers cost of travel and fire truck time, fire fighters are volunteers.

H'mm sounds to me like it's actually capitalism paying for a service that benefits both rich and poor.
 
Tecumsehsbones
+1
#2698
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

Yep socialism paid for by a municipal tax rate set on property value and a surcharge in our area is $1700.00 that covers cost of travel and fire truck time, fire fighters are volunteers.
H'mm sounds to me like it's actually capitalism paying for a service that benefits both rich and poor.

But that's your definition of socialism. Services that benefit all. You should be advocating a model of fire companies that only serve paying customers. That's capitalism.
 
Twin_Moose
+2
#2699
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

But that's your definition of socialism. Services that benefit all. You should be advocating a model of fire companies that only serve paying customers. That's capitalism.

Out here they do, all pay municipal taxes and receive the benefit of it, you get your own cat out of a tree unless you want to pay the surcharge for their service.
 
Tecumsehsbones
+2
#2700
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

Out here they do, all pay municipal taxes and receive the benefit of it, you get your own cat out of a tree unless you want to pay the surcharge for their service.

But taxslave's whole schtick is that he hates taxes.

Again, under his notion of "capitalism," you either pay for fire service or you don't. If you don't and your house catches fire, good luck and maybe a neighbor will donate a bucket.

I hope you understand that at the inception of fire services (about 200 years back), many of them were set up that way. So were many early police forces. When there was a break-in at a shop, the first thing the cops checked was whether the owner was a paying customer. If not, oh well. . .
 

Similar Threads

8
How to save the world
by I think not | Nov 2nd, 2010
348
7 Ways to Save the World
by I think not | Nov 1st, 2010
73
Socialists Will Save The World
by darkbeaver | Apr 21st, 2007