US Election 2020 🇺🇸 🤯

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Why copy a lowlife's slogan? Why not just make AB greater.

Obviously you're not a Trump fan. Trump 2020!

Better yet, separation and be our own country.

Alberta is land locked and can't get its resources to market now.

You think as it's own country with 2 pissed off neighbours for breaking up Canada that will be any different.

Not to mention a boycott of Alberta goods I'm sure.

It's CBC so you're going to love it :lol:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calg...uld-be-better-off-as-51st-u-s-state-1.2998453

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005

Most Iowa Democrats care more about beating Trump than the nominee's positions on issues, early entrance poll results show

By a decisive margin, voters attending the Iowa Democratic presidential caucuses on Monday night prefer a nominee who is more likely to win in November instead of someone who shares their positions on key issues.

Early data from the NBC News Entrance Poll of those taking part in the caucuses show that about two-thirds of voters say they would rather see their party nominate a candidate who "can beat Donald Trump," while just one-third want a nominee who "agrees with you on major issues."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/20...nominee-who-can-n1129271?cid=eml_nbn_20200203

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

Most Iowa Democrats care more about beating Trump than the nominee's positions on issues, early entrance poll results show

By a decisive margin, voters attending the Iowa Democratic presidential caucuses on Monday night prefer a nominee who is more likely to win in November instead of someone who shares their positions on key issues.

Early data from the NBC News Entrance Poll of those taking part in the caucuses show that about two-thirds of voters say they would rather see their party nominate a candidate who "can beat Donald Trump," while just one-third want a nominee who "agrees with you on major issues."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/20...nominee-who-can-n1129271?cid=eml_nbn_20200203
Good thing for the voting public .

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Chaos in Iowa as state Democratic Party finds 'inconsistencies' in reporting of caucus results

The Iowa caucuses were thrown into chaos late Monday night after the state Democratic Party said it found ��inconsistencies�� in the reporting.

By close to midnight, no results had been made public and the state party said it ��will simply take time�� to report the vote tallies. In a statement, the party said that there had been no hack or intrusion of the system.

Oh Oh.....this could question the validity of the results.............and of course the Trumpians are all over it now. .........Hmm.. If the system fell short........might it have been due to outside interference??

'Inconsistencies' in three sets of Iowa caucus results cause delays, state's Democratic Party says

More than three hours after Iowans began caucusing, there are still no official results. The Iowa Democratic Party said it found "inconsistencies in the reporting of three sets of results" and was using photos of results and a paper trail to validate results from precincts. The party said there was not a technical issue with the app that precinct officials were using.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/20...c-party-quality-n1129431?cid=eml_nbn_20200203

Last edited:

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
I get that the US has 300+ million people and that voting of any sort is complicated.

But...

The continual fukery lately of anything to do with voting of any sorts should be a suggestion that the 'system' isn't right and working, and something else has to be thought of.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I get that the US has 300+ million people and that voting of any sort is complicated.
But...
The continual fukery lately of anything to do with voting of any sorts should be a suggestion that the 'system' isn't right and working, and something else has to be thought of.
I suggest voting by location. At noon on the first Tuesday of November, everybody east of the Mississippi will be counted as voting for the Republican, everybody west of the Mississippi, for the Democrat.

That way, the election will depend on those who have the interest and will to put up with the significant expense and trouble to travel on that day.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Trump wins Iowa GOP caucuses

President Donald Trump on Monday coasted to victory in the 2020 Iowa Republican caucuses, quickly quashing his two lesser-known GOP rivals.
Trump won the Republican contest with 97 percent of the vote and 8 percent of precincts reporting, according to the Associated Press, while former Illinois Rep. Joe Walsh achieved 1.4 percent of voters and former Massachusetts Gov. Bill Weld garnered 1.2 percent.
The results came less than a half hour after Iowa Republicans began caucusing across the state at 7 p.m. CT.
The president's first-place finish also came as the initial entrance polls from the Democratic caucuses showed a predictably close competition among the party's four top-tier candidates: Joe Biden, Pete Buttigieg, Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren.
Both Walsh and Weld weighed in on Twitter in the minutes after the GOP caucuses were called in Trump's favor.
Walsh shared a message from his campaign manager, who claimed she was receiving reports that "at several precincts across Iowa, including precincts in Urbandale, voters wishing to speak on behalf of Joe Walsh are being turned away/told they may not speak." Those developments, Walsh wrote, were "Very concerning."
Weld, meanwhile, posted a photo appearing to show him addressing a crowd of caucus-goers. "The #IowaCaucuses are a great American tradition, and I am honored to participate," he wrote.
The official Twitter account for Trump's campaign was next to comment on its triumph, tweeting that "The Republican Party Has Never Been More United!"
Earlier Monday, various Trump surrogates including the president's sons, senior administration officials and Republican members of Congress had descended upon Iowa to rally support in the hours before the caucuses.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Democratic results are not forthcoming due to technical "inconsistencies" involving an app they were using.

Bernie's people are said to have walked out calling it bullshit.

I think it means that Bernie won by a mile.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I'm a Pastor Who Ran for Congress as a Republican. Here's Why I'm Encouraging My Fellow Evangelicals Not to Vote for Donald Trump

Robb Ryerse is a pastor at Vintage Fellowship in Fayetteville, AR and the political director of Vote Common Good. He is the author of Running For Our Lives: A Story of Faith, Politics, and the Common Good, a book about his 2018 congressional campaign, which will be released in February 2020.

President Donald Trump made history last Friday as the first U.S. president to attend March for Life, the annual anti-abortion rally held in Washington, D.C. For that he received widespread praise from conservative political and religious leaders and voters around the country, including many, unsurprisingly, from my home state of Arkansas.
Trump’s decision to attend was motivated by politics. He wasn’t against abortion until he started running for President, and yet he has heard mounting questions raised about the sturdiness of his support among evangelicals, whose backing in 2016 was key to his victory. The kerfuffle around Christianity Today’s December editorial calling for Trump’s removal sparked a reexamination of the durability of that support. Enter March for Life, an opportunity to double down on what Trump knows is the linchpin of his appeal to many religious voters.
The transactional nature of Trump’s relationship with evangelicals and other religiously motivated voters is a two-way street. He doesn’t live by nor ostensibly even aspire to the values of most of these voters. They see his flaws but support him anyway because he helps advance elements of their policy agenda, namely, anti-abortion judges and legislation.

More: https://time.com/5775440/donald-trump-evangelical-opposition

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
I'm a Pastor Who Ran for Congress as a Republican. Here's Why I'm Encouraging My Fellow Evangelicals Not to Vote for Donald Trump
Robb Ryerse is a pastor at Vintage Fellowship in Fayetteville, AR and the political director of Vote Common Good. He is the author of Running For Our Lives: A Story of Faith, Politics, and the Common Good, a book about his 2018 congressional campaign, which will be released in February 2020.
President Donald Trump made history last Friday as the first U.S. president to attend March for Life, the annual anti-abortion rally held in Washington, D.C. For that he received widespread praise from conservative political and religious leaders and voters around the country, including many, unsurprisingly, from my home state of Arkansas.
Trump’s decision to attend was motivated by politics. He wasn’t against abortion until he started running for President, and yet he has heard mounting questions raised about the sturdiness of his support among evangelicals, whose backing in 2016 was key to his victory. The kerfuffle around Christianity Today’s December editorial calling for Trump’s removal sparked a reexamination of the durability of that support. Enter March for Life, an opportunity to double down on what Trump knows is the linchpin of his appeal to many religious voters.
The transactional nature of Trump’s relationship with evangelicals and other religiously motivated voters is a two-way street. He doesn’t live by nor ostensibly even aspire to the values of most of these voters. They see his flaws but support him anyway because he helps advance elements of their policy agenda, namely, anti-abortion judges and legislation.
More: https://time.com/5775440/donald-trump-evangelical-opposition
That makes one.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005

An epic breakdown in Iowa invites criticism of the caucus system and the state��s status. Here��s our analysis.

Iowans have prided themselves on their first-in-the-nation caucuses. Voters in the state have taken their role seriously, and over the years, a culture has developed of citizens who turn out to see and evaluate the candidates firsthand. Iowa Democrats often have ended up settling on a candidate who would go on to win the party's nomination.

But whatever the culture that exists in evaluating candidates, Iowa has also come under strong and recurring criticism for exercising outsize influence on the nominating process.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ng_now__alert-politics--alert-national&wpmk=1

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Buttigieg supporter asks to take back vote after learning he's gay

An Iowa voter who had sought to support former South Bend, Ind., Mayor Pete Buttigieg in the state's troubled caucuses on Monday changed her mind after learning he's gay.
A Buttigieg precinct captain in Cresco, Iowa, is seen in video posted online telling the caucusgoer that a candidate's sexuality shouldn't matter after the woman asked to get her support card back.
"I would like you to just dig deep inside and think, should it matter if it's a woman or if it's a man or if they're heterosexual or homosexual, if you believe in what they say? That's my question to you," Nikki Heever asks the caucusgoer.
Howard County Democratic Party Chairwoman Laura Hubka shared the video on Twitter, calling Heever a "wonderful example of Cresco." ………..More

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
That is just sick. and shows the ugliness of prejudice and STUPIDITY

as if gender orientation has anything to do with capability . It is embarrassing to see just how backward some people are.

Did you post that to emphasise the stupidity of humans?? Or are YOU scared that a gay person might actually win...........Imagine having intelligence, competence, and someone that is articulate in charge. Again......it seems qualifications don't matter to the IGNORANT ......... look at what they elected last time.

More power to Mayor Pete......... He is a breath of fresh air in the arena of politics. A blend of youth and tradition