Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
320K jobs created in 2019
even better than 2018

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
this is just a wild guess but you were not a math major were you?

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
So no answer again. Do you know how they calculate the unemployment rate? Whoops way to complicated a question for you. Do you know anything useful at all?

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
i know that anyone who can't understand what 1.7% job growth means is likely to be a white natty climate change denier with an insatiable need to illustrate their stupidity.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
i know that anyone who can't understand what 1.7% job growth means is likely to be a white natty climate change denier with an insatiable need to illustrate their stupidity.

Poloz Enters Home Stretch Hawkish on Rates

Stephen Poloz is heading into the final few months of his term as Bank of Canada governor showing few signs of giving up his status as one of the industrialized world’s most hawkish central bankers.
At a decision Wednesday, the bank is widely expected to hold its key interest rate at 1.75%, keeping it unchanged for a 10th-straight meeting and leaving Canada with the highest rate among advanced economies.
Markets also don’t see much chance that Poloz, who leaves office in June, will lower borrowing costs in any of his final three meetings after this one, with odds of a cut at less than 40% over that time. That’s despite having reason to cut, given the economy looks to have slowed sharply at the end of last year.

Of course, what matters more for policy makers is where inflation is headed rather than where it’s been, and the central bank will update its outlook with new quarterly forecasts on Wednesday. They will probably revise down fourth quarter growth estimates, from their October projection of 1.3%. Growth is trending at less than 1% for the final three months of last year, according to the latest Bloomberg survey of economists.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
I believe Mr Harper averaged about 1.1% job growth over the course of his nightmare.