IRAN: It's Troubles & World Community

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005

France, Britain and Germany launch process to hold Iran accountable for violating nuclear deal, opening way for sanctions

By activating the 2015 nuclear deal��s dispute resolution mechanism, the European nations are indicating they reject Iran��s withdrawal from the restrictions on its nuclear program.

Source: WAPO

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Britain, France and Germany on Tuesday formally accused Iran of breaking the 2015 agreement that limited its nuclear program, taking the first step toward reimposing United Nations sanctions.

The European countries started the clock running on what could be some 60 days of negotiations with Iran about coming back into full compliance with the nuclear deal. Under the agreement, if they cannot resolve their dispute, that could revive United Nations sanctions on Iran that had been suspended under the deal, including an arms embargo.

The move, which had been expected for more than a week, was delayed when the United States killed a top Iranian commander, Maj. Gen. Qassim Suleimani, with repercussions that are still playing out in Iran and across the region.

President Trump withdrew in 2018 from the deal, which was negotiated under President Barack Obama, and he has imposed several rounds of American sanctions on Iran. In response, Tehran has repeatedly moved beyond the limits that the agreement had placed on its uranium enrichment, raising fears that it could be close to building an atomic bomb.

ADVERTISEMENT
Still, Iran has allowed international inspectors to stay in the country, making it unlikely that it could go forward with a bomb in secret.

The Europeans want to save the deal and persuade both Washington and Tehran to begin a new set of negotiations about missile development and Iran’s regional activities, a senior European official said.

But the three European countries, all signatories to the deal known as the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action, or JCPOA, clearly felt that they had to respond to Iran’s movement away from compliance.

ADVERTISEMENT
In a joint statement, the foreign ministers of Britain, France and Germany said that they had warned Iran on Dec. 6 that “unless it reversed course, we would have no choice but to take action,” but Iran “has chosen to further reduce compliance.”

On Tuesday, they set in motion the nuclear deal’s dispute resolution process, they said, “in good faith, with the overarching objective of preserving the JCPOA and in the sincere hope of finding a way forward through constructive diplomatic dialogue.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/01/14/world/europe/iran-nuclear-deal.amp.html

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
It's a great idea to hold them accountable.

But the US removing itself made the JCPOA made any hope of Iran sticking to the deal moot.

All because Trump was jealous Obama did something 'great'.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
It's a great idea to hold them accountable.

But the US removing itself made the JCPOA made any hope of Iran sticking to the deal moot.

All because Trump was jealous Obama did something 'great'.
You nailed it. It is quite astonishing to observe how much damage Trump has done due to his personal motives of vendetta. He keeps demonstrating that the only one that matters is HIM.......

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Did the world hold the US accountable when they blew up that Iranian passenger plane?

The Americans didn't shoot down an Iranian passenger plane.

The Iranians shot down a Ukrainian passenger plane.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
You nailed it. It is quite astonishing to observe how much damage Trump has done due to his personal motives of vendetta. He keeps demonstrating that the only one that matters is HIM.......

So you believe the Iranians should keep harassing and intimidating and killing Americans and other Westerners without the Americans taking action.

Interesting...

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
canadian troops are back in iraq doing whatever the hell it is they do there.

No idea why we are taking part in this shit show but its past time these people were brought home.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
No idea why we are taking part in this shit show but its past time these people were brought home.

Canada sort of became involved in this affair after the Iranians murdered 60-odd Canadians.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Jason Moon6 January at 00:01

I was 29 when i went to Iraq in the summer of 2003. I came home broken, i have attempted suicide twice, and have only recently begun to really live again. I could go on and on about it. In fact, I do! Working with veterans in crisis is my job. All while actively being a member of that very same club.
From that place, the thought of another generation coming home like me, like so many I've tried to help, and the recklessness by which this has all taken place, has me heartbroken. It is from that place of absolute shear heartbreak for the next generation of soon to be broken troops, that I share this simple guide for Millennials. I know it will seem like sorcery in about 1.5 years, but it's not. It's cause i've seen this movie already. Spoilers follow! Here is exactly what you'll experience next:
1. There will be a MASSIVE propaganda push to frame this act of war as a moral necessity and to act like anyone who opposes it is working for “the enemy.”
2. The propaganda push will include enormous appeals to American militarism disguised as patriotism: flag pins, flyovers, reverent cries to “support the troops,” as if the greatest support you can offer the troops isn’t to keep them from dying for no good reason.
3. Over time, this vague appeal to patriotism and militarism will start to have a specific aim, an invasion, bombings, the takeover of oil fields, the support of proxy wars. These aims will magically align with the financial interests of multi-national corporations.
4. The people in harm's way -- innocent civilians in Iran, mostly -- will be framed and/or dehumanized as "the enemy." This will include everything from racial slurs to endless talking points about their "blood thirst" their "hatred of freedom and Americans." It's utter bullshit.
5. When the bombs start to drop, all of the reporting will be about the small number of US troop casualties.
For example, most Americans know roughly 4,000 US troops died in Iraq.
What most Americans don't know is over 200,000 Iraqi CIVILIANS were killed.
6. This horror too, this murder of children, of families, the bombing of weddings & birthdays, this destruction of entire regions, will be swept up under the guise of American militarism (disguised as patriotism), of "supporting our troops," who are "fighting for our freedom."
7. In the end, and there will be an end -- this isn't the beginning of World War III, this is asymmetrical slaughter -- the vast number of dead will be people who don't even know why the war was waged, they will be mostly young, innocent and brown-skinned. That is the ugly truth.
8. And even the US troops -- most of whom signed up out of a genuine desire to protect their country -- they will be abandoned too as the people who waged the war, who made such big promises of "support for the troops" will CUT veterans medical care, forget the dead and move on.
9. And the only people who will have benefited will be those massive multi-national corporations -- oil and weapons manufacturers mostly -- who rushed in to profit off the death of all those innocent brown-skinned children lying in the rubble. Then they will receive yet another tax break, for the good of the economy, which is slowing down after the war.
10. The media (especially cable news) LOVES a war. They love the spectacle, the drama. It means big profits. It means eyeballs on screens. It makes stars of their anchors. They will ask the wrong questions, they will follow militaristic talking points.
11. What will get lost in all this bickering and drama and tragedy and spectacle is the fact that all of this was AVOIDABLE.
12. When it's all over, nothing about your freedom or liberty will have changed, improved, been protected or saved. You will only have pain, debt, loss, and PTSD.

mrhill

Time Out
Jan 8, 2020

The Americans won't allow it. Remember, they own your government therefore they own you.

But I still believe that the world can free themselves from them!