Trump USA : 2020

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Net interest on nat'l debt is like $380 billion and climbing and the deficit is about $1.3 trillion and climbing, but "WALL", right?
We know his priorities by now........and balancing the budget isn't one of them He acts like he is operating with a bottomless well of funds......

With that kind of national debt,,,,,,,,,,they probably qualify as a poor country.Where and what is their collateral.??

enter even more tax cuts??

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
U.S. imposes visa bans on International Criminal Court investigators - Pompeo

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States will withdraw or deny visas to any International Criminal Court personnel investigating possible war crimes by U.S. forces or allies in Afghanistan, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said on Friday.

The court, which sits in The Hague, responded that it was an independent and impartial institution and would continue to do its work “undeterred” by Washington’s actions.
The Trump administration threatened in September to ban ICC judges and prosecutors from entering the United States and sanction funds they have there if the court launched a probe of war crimes in Afghanistan.
Washington took the first step on Friday with Pompeo’s announcement.
“I’m announcing a policy of U.S. visa restrictions on those individuals directly responsible for any ICC investigation of U.S. personnel,” Pompeo told a news conference in Washington.
“These visa restrictions may also be used to deter ICC efforts to pursue allied personnel, including Israelis, without allies’ consent.”

More: https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-usa-icc-idUSKCN1QW1ZH

tell me this isn't Germany 1939 deja deux

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States will withdraw or deny visas to any International Criminal Court personnel investigating possible war crimes by U.S. forces or allies in Afghanistan, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said on Friday.

The court, which sits in The Hague, responded that it was an independent and impartial institution and would continue to do its work “undeterred” by Washington’s actions.
The Trump administration threatened in September to ban ICC judges and prosecutors from entering the United States and sanction funds they have there if the court launched a probe of war crimes in Afghanistan.
“I’m announcing a policy of U.S. visa restrictions on those individuals directly responsible for any ICC investigation of U.S. personnel,” Pompeo told a news conference in Washington.
“These visa restrictions may also be used to deter ICC efforts to pursue allied personnel, including Israelis, without allies’ consent.”

Wow......he really is a fascist..and changing the US into a contemporary fascist state. The pattern of his conduct has a thread running through it.......that has an objective. It is getting a bit scary........particularly because so many don't. can't see what is happening....the US is going rogue.& very dangerous.
Can you imagine what another four years will bring??........andheis not going to let go of power without a BIG scene. As we have seen with the assassination.......he is prepared to do anything to either distract from his problems........Impeachment.) so we can look forward to more "incidents like this .......so he can find a way to stay in office. I can't believe that so many just can't or refuse to see what is happening...............OR is it that they want this to be happening??

and the TRummp brainwashed senate will give Trump whathewants. They are totally beholding to him now. The democracy there is starting to gasp for air.

ref: How Democracies die.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
The UK is abandoning its alliance with Trump as the United States 'withdraws from its leadership around the world'

• The UK is threatening to tear up its defense alliance with the US after President Donald Trump's Iran crisis triggered a rupture between the two countries.
  • UK Defense Secretary Ben Wallace told The Sunday Times that the UK was looking to forge stronger alliances with other international partners that shared its priorities.
  • He said the US under Trump risked withdrawing from its global leadership role.
  • Wallace also said Trump threatened to tear up the US's intelligence-sharing relationship with the UK.
President Donald Trump's order to assassinate Iranian Maj. Gen. Qassem Soleimani has triggered a major rupture between the US and its historically closest ally, the UK.
In remarkably outspoken comments, UK Defense Secretary Ben Wallace said in an interview published Sunday that Trump's isolationist foreign-policy stance had prompted the UK to look for alternative allies.
"I worry if the United States withdraws from its leadership around the world," he told The Sunday Times.
He added: "The assumptions of 2010 that we were always going to be part of a US coalition is really just not where we are going to be."
The comments came after Prime Minister Boris Johnson's government distanced itself from the attack that killed Soleimani, with UK Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab labeling it a "dangerous escalation" that risked a conflict in which "terrorists would be the only winners."

More: https://www.businessinsider.com/uk-...thdraw-leadership-world-qassem-soleiman2020-1

I believe the evangelical right is itching to bring on Armageddon. They have been itching ever since the "moral majority" elected Raygun who promised to escalate nuclear proliferation.

Mockingbird

Council Member
Nov 27, 2019
Calgary
The UK is abandoning its alliance with Trump as the United States 'withdraws from its leadership around the world'
  • The UK is threatening to tear up its defense alliance with the US after President Donald Trump's Iran crisis triggered a rupture between the two countries.
  • UK Defense Secretary Ben Wallace told The Sunday Times that the UK was looking to forge stronger alliances with other international partners that shared its priorities.
  • He said the US under Trump risked withdrawing from its global leadership role.
  • Wallace also said Trump threatened to tear up the US's intelligence-sharing relationship with the UK.
President Donald Trump's order to assassinate Iranian Maj. Gen. Qassem Soleimani has triggered a major rupture between the US and its historically closest ally, the UK.
In remarkably outspoken comments, UK Defense Secretary Ben Wallace said in an interview published Sunday that Trump's isolationist foreign-policy stance had prompted the UK to look for alternative allies.
"I worry if the United States withdraws from its leadership around the world," he told The Sunday Times.
He added: "The assumptions of 2010 that we were always going to be part of a US coalition is really just not where we are going to be."
The comments came after Prime Minister Boris Johnson's government distanced itself from the attack that killed Soleimani, with UK Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab labeling it a "dangerous escalation" that risked a conflict in which "terrorists would be the only winners."
More: https://www.businessinsider.com/uk-...thdraw-leadership-world-qassem-soleiman2020-1
I believe the evangelical right is itching to bring on Armageddon. They have been itching ever since the "moral majority" elected Raygun who promised to escalate nuclear proliferation.

I have long said that Trumps policies will isolate the US from the world, and that is exactly what is happening. His constant "America First fist pounding my dick is bigger than yours bullshit" will bite America in the ass.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Godwin!

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Wow......he really is a fascist..and changing the US into a contemporary fascist state. The pattern of his conduct has a thread running through it.......that has an objective. It is getting a bit scary........particularly because so many don't. can't see what is happening....the US is going rogue.& very dangerous.
Can you imagine what another four years will bring??........andheis not going to let go of power without a BIG scene. As we have seen with the assassination.......he is prepared to do anything to either distract from his problems........Impeachment.) so we can look forward to more "incidents like this .......so he can find a way to stay in office. I can't believe that so many just can't or refuse to see what is happening...............OR is it that they want this to be happening??
and the TRummp brainwashed senate will give Trump whathewants. They are totally beholding to him now. The democracy there is starting to gasp for air.
Too funny.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Atheists crack me up the way they know what Christians are thinking.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

They have started passing out red shirts and Maga hats to the Trump youth . They will be reporting Anti American sentiment. I understand the first order of business will be to take over the NYTimes and Washington Post . Where oh where will you find the news ?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Atheists crack me up the way they know what Christians are thinking.
An open letter from black church leaders and allies to Christianity Today

RNS) — We wanted to write collectively as a diverse group of ministerial leaders, doctorates, lay-persons and people who simply love God to express our sincere gratitude for Christianity Today’s printing of the brilliantly and objectively written article by (the magazine's then Editor-in-Chief) Mark Galli, entitled “Trump Should Be Removed from Office." We truly respect your organization’s stance on the stated principle “We want CT to be a place that welcomes Christians from across the political spectrum…”
The late Billy Graham, CT’s founder, gave us a loud warning in an article he wrote for Parade Magazine in 1981, when he said: “I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it.”
This is what we’re seeing today in 21st century evangelicalism: a broken marriage between a radical faction of the local church and the extreme right-wing faction of the Republican Party.
In a time when an estimated 70% of millennials no longer identify with Christianity and, as indicated in a previous issue, a resounding number of Generation Z’ers are twice as likely to become atheists, we cannot afford to sit back quietly and watch our faith be hijacked by those who are thirsty for political power. If we do, we will quickly develop what is described in the (Old Testament's) Book of Judges, “a generation that knew not the Lord nor the work he has done.”

More: https://religionnews.com/2020/01/10/an-open-letter-from-black-church-leaders-to-christianity-today

Eat that Wally!

Last edited:

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
An open letter from black church leaders and allies to Christianity Today

RNS) — We wanted to write collectively as a diverse group of ministerial leaders, doctorates, lay-persons and people who simply love God to express our sincere gratitude for Christianity Today’s printing of the brilliantly and objectively written article by (the magazine's then Editor-in-Chief) Mark Galli, entitled “Trump Should Be Removed from Office." We truly respect your organization’s stance on the stated principle “We want CT to be a place that welcomes Christians from across the political spectrum…”
The late Billy Graham, CT’s founder, gave us a loud warning in an article he wrote for Parade Magazine in 1981, when he said: “I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it.”
This is what we’re seeing today in 21st century evangelicalism: a broken marriage between a radical faction of the local church and the extreme right-wing faction of the Republican Party.
In a time when an estimated 70% of millennials no longer identify with Christianity and, as indicated in a previous issue, a resounding number of Generation Z’ers are twice as likely to become atheists, we cannot afford to sit back quietly and watch our faith be hijacked by those who are thirsty for political power. If we do, we will quickly develop what is described in the (Old Testament's) Book of Judges, “a generation that knew not the Lord nor the work he has done.”

More: https://religionnews.com/2020/01/10/an-open-letter-from-black-church-leaders-to-christianity-today

Eat that Wally!
Rent free.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

You be mad, dood!

AnnaEmber

Council Member
Aug 31, 2019
Kootenays BC

So forn any other country to commit them is bad, but not for the States. How very noble. Some "Christian" country with "Christian" values. No wonder they have to flush 10 times in the swamp.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Senate resolution to limit Trump's military authority on Iran has enough Republican votes to pass, key Democrat says

Four Republicans have agreed to vote with Democrats in support of the measure, according to Sen. Tim Kaine (D-Va.), who wrote the legislation that seeks to prevent President Trump from further escalating hostilities with Iran.

source: WAPO

Good. setting some limits -boundaries -on this unpredictable and erratic chap is important.