Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Prog shit.
Long ago, there was a noble word, liberal, which derives from the word free. Now a strange thing happened to that word. A man named Hitler made it a term of abuse, a matter of suspicion, because those who were not with him were against him, and liberals had no use for Hitler. And then another man named McCarthy cast the same opprobrium on the word.... We must cherish and honor the word free or it will cease to apply to us. - Eleanor Roosevelt

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Long ago, there was a noble word, liberal, which derives from the word free. Now a strange thing happened to that word. A man named Hitler made it a term of abuse, a matter of suspicion, because those who were not with him were against him, and liberals had no use for Hitler. And then another man named McCarthy cast the same opprobrium on the word.... We must cherish and honor the word free or it will cease to apply to us. - Eleanor Roosevelt
Prog = Eleanor Roosevelt

Mockingbird

Council Member
Nov 27, 2019
Calgary
Prog shit.

Except that it's not prog shit, this is actually a fact. Obama at no time "gave" Iran $150 billion.

I know you reading the whole article I linked may not be likely so I took out the takeaway for ya, the part where facts are stated. It is as follows:

The nuclear agreement included China, France, Germany, Russia, the United Kingdom, the United States and the European Union, so Obama didn’t carry out any part of it on his own. The deal did lift some sanctions, which lifted a freeze on Iran’s assets that were held largely in foreign, not U.S., banks. And, to be clear, the money that was unfrozen belonged to Iran. It had only been made inaccessible by sanctions aimed at crippling the country’s nuclear program.

The whole piece:

https://www.factcheck.org/2019/03/obama-didnt-give-iran-150-billion-in-cash/

P.S. The dislike button is still in the upper left....

Mockingbird

Council Member
Nov 27, 2019
Calgary
What must it feel like to be a Republican member of Congress and to see this and look down at your shoes and pretend it doesn't matter. Soulless, brain dead Republican leadership.

The one member that gets me the most when it comes to looking down at their shoes is Lindsey Graham, former close friend to John McCain and how he is for the most part silent whenever Trump goes after McCain. It is clear to me that Graham swore an oath to the President, not the Constitution. He really is a disappointment, more so than the others.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Did Mike Pompeo Say ‘We Will Continue to Fight These Battles Until the Rapture’?

White evangelical Christians are a powerful force in the Republican Party.

Michael Richard Pompeo represented Kansas in the U.S. House of Representatives between 2011 and 2017 and then served as director of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) until April 26, 2018, when he was tapped by U.S. President Donald Trump to succeed the departed Rex Tillerson as secretary of state.
As The New York Times observed of Pompeo in March 2019, “no secretary of state in recent decades has been as open and fervent as Mr. Pompeo about discussing Christianity and foreign policy in the same breath. That has increasingly raised questions about the extent to which evangelical beliefs are influencing American diplomacy.”
That questioning of Pompeo’s mixture of religiosity and policy was reflected in a meme circulated in January 2020, amidst escalating tensions between the U.S. and Iran over the U.S. airstrike that killed Iranian Gen. Qassem Soleimani in Baghdad:
The quote reproduced in this meme — about continuing to fight battles and struggle until the moment of the Rapture — was taken from a talk Pompeo delivered at a “God and Country Rally” held at Summit Church in Wichita, Kansas, on June 28, 2015. The event was just a few days after the U.S. Supreme Court handed down the landmark Obergefell v. Hodges decision holding that same-sex couples have a constitutionally protected right to marry.

More: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/pompeo-fight-battles-rapture

AnnaEmber

Council Member
Aug 31, 2019
Kootenays BC
The one member that gets me the most when it comes to looking down at their shoes is Lindsey Graham, former close friend to John McCain and how he is for the most part silent whenever Trump goes after McCain. It is clear to me that Graham swore an oath to the President, not the Constitution. He really is a disappointment, more so than the others.
Yeah, you'd think he was from Arkansas, not SC. He's smart as a box of rocks. Apparently he believes in magic. lmao

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Yeah, you'd think he was from Arkansas, not SC. He's smart as a box of rocks. Apparently he believes in magic. lmao

He was totally new to me until a couple of days ago when I watched a couple of his commentaries, which I thought for the most part made some sense. Of course for politicians of any ilk (Sorry Walter) I set the bar pretty low! :)