Gun Control is Completely Useless.

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
the municipalities are making them illegal

Yes.................and our municipal "leaders" - so called...............................

are demonstrating they are just as short sighted and foolish.................................

as Our idiot Boy Justin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is ALREADY ILLEGAL to wander around on the street with a pistol in your pocket......................

thus only a LIE-beral would think that banning pistols will have any effect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is ALREADY illegal to carry a LOADED weapon and thus a ban on pistols will resolve nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is ALREADY illegal to carry a weapon on the street in anything OTHER THAN A LOCKED CASE.............................

and illegal NOT TO HAVE A TRIGGER LOCK in place on the weapon.....................................

thus a ban on pilstols will solve nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is ALREADY illegal to possess an unlicensed and unregistered firearm......................................

and thus a ban on pistols will have NO EFFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By harping away at this TOTALLY USELESS gun ban - LIE-berals are exposing themselves to PUBLIC SCORN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Yes.................and our municipal "leaders" - so called...............................

are demonstrating they are just as short sighted and foolish.................................

as Our idiot Boy Justin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is ALREADY ILLEGAL to wander around on the street with a pistol in your pocket......................

thus only a LIE-beral would think that banning pistols will have any effect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is ALREADY illegal to carry a LOADED weapon and thus a ban on pistols will resolve nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is ALREADY illegal to carry a weapon on the street in anything OTHER THAN A LOCKED CASE.............................

and illegal NOT TO HAVE A TRIGGER LOCK in place on the weapon.....................................

thus a ban on pilstols will solve nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is ALREADY illegal to possess an unlicensed and unregistered firearm......................................

and thus a ban on pistols will have NO EFFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By harping away at this TOTALLY USELESS gun ban - LIE-berals are exposing themselves to PUBLIC SCORN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don’t you know guns are bad . No one needs a gun so if no one had a gun no one would die . Every one wants this , as Pete says think of the children .

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
the previous legal owners who sold them to gangs
SO why make them illegal? The legal owners would continue to buy and sell legally without stupid legislation and these guns would never get into criminal hands. Lefftards are so stupid it should be a crime against nature to be one.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
I would say let Canadians have the gun laws Canadians want.

Therefore no assault weapons. No handguns.

Seems pretty straight forward

I'd say my possession of weapons is an ancient and constitutionally recognized right, and so the state can not legitimately seize my legally purchased arms.

More importantly, I would (yet again) point out that the move is at best ineffective, and at worst counter=productive.

Educate yourself. Read some de Touqueville, with special attention to the section on "tyranny of the majority".

Of course, being a lefty moron, you believe individual rights are the antitheses of a just society, while anyone with a functioning intellect understands that the existence of individual rights is the apex of societal development.

HOID: You have been lying about a Trudeau gun grab since the election
Point out one lie.

Of course you can't. I challenged you before on this.

BTW, I thought brain dead lefties totally spanked in debate uttered the mandated cry "RACIST". Explain, please your deviation from approved tactics.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
I'd say my possession of weapons is an ancient and constitutionally recognized right, and so the state can not legitimately seize my legally purchased arms.

More importantly, I would (yet again) point out that the move is at best ineffective, and at worst counter=productive.

Educate yourself. Read some de Touqueville, with special attention to the section on "tyranny of the majority".

Of course, being a lefty moron, you believe individual rights are the antitheses of a just society, while anyone with a functioning intellect understands that the existence of individual rights is the apex of societal development.

Point out one lie.

Of course you can't. I challenged you before on this.

BTW, I thought brain dead lefties totally spanked in debate uttered the mandated cry "RACIST". Explain, please your deviation from approved tactics.
you said they was going to be a federal handgun grab

that was just something you made up during the election as part of your white natty virtue signalling

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
you said they was going to be a federal handgun grab

that was just something you made up during the election as part of your white natty virtue signalling

During the election there was a discussion about a full ban on handguns. It is still being pushed hard by the gun grabbers.

ANd, the seizure of handguns in Toronto and/or Montreal et al is a "federal handgun grab" as the feds are going to pass the legislation to do so.

AND you'll have to post the link to where I said the feds were going to seize all handguns.

In other words, FAIL on your part, as always.

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
A smart author uses text that attracts readers, NOT repel them. :)

Oh Joyless LIE-beral Monkey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The point you are trying to make IS UNCLEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since so many of your posts support repellent LIE-beral/ civil service union HOG values!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is an article illustrating how LIE-beral gravy grabbing has hurt us badly!!

With some comments of my own in brackets):

U of T expert attributes ‘dozens of deaths’ to decline in Toronto police traffic ticketing

By David Rider, City Hall Bureau Chief Toronto Star and Ed TubbToronto Star

Published Wed., Dec. 11, 2019

Nestor Duque remembers the way he felt about the level of police traffic enforcement when he arrived in Canada in 1972, and the difference now, as he mourns his sister’s longtime love.

“When I arrived I was shocked. It felt like there was one police officer for every driver — I learned my lesson very quickly,” Duque says, not far from the spot on Kingston Road near Morningside Avenue, where his sister’s common-law partner, Miguel “Miguelito” Candia, 72, was fatally struck by a driver while crossing the road in August.

“Now,” Duque says, “I don’t see the police. We have to do something to protect the people: more police, or technology, cameras. It was such a loss. Miguelito did everything — I mean everything — for my sister.”

(Yes- 30 years ago the cops routinely set up radar traps around the city - with radio talk show hosts ANNOUNCING approximately where the radars were set up!! But a lot of whiners decried the radar as a somehow UNFAIR cash cow!! AS if simply slowing down in the areas near the radar was unfair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

(In addition the growing level of traffic on our streets meant the radar was causing trouble as speeding drivers would spot the cop and slam on the brakes - causing sometimes dangerous ripple effects as other drivers braked or swerved to avoid the first idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

(And of course there is now no place to pull over a driver to issue a ticket - parking spaces all filled, wall to wall cars and people going nuts with road rage if there is any unexpected delay!! Our roads have reached a chaotic saturation point!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Duque’s sister is 78, has chronic illness and now lives alone.

“When he didn’t answer her calls, she went looking for him and found the police and ambulance” at the site where she had to identify the crumpled body of the retired auto parts worker who had been at her side for 18 years.

It was a terrible scene all too common in Toronto, especially in recent years. New data obtained from the Ministry of the Attorney General and released by the Star this week has revealed that Candia’s death and others happened as the number of tickets issued by Toronto police for day-to-day traffic offences, including speeding, plummeted.

Tickets for moving violations have dropped by nearly two-thirds since 2013. Meanwhile, the number of pedestrians and cyclists killed has gone up nearly as dramatically. They include Erica Stark, a 42-year-old mother of three killed while walking on a sidewalk in 2014, and Gary Sim, a 70-year-old cyclist run over in 2017.

University of Toronto epidemiologist Dr. David Fisman said the two facts — reduced enforcement and increased deaths — are no coincidence.

While it stands to reason that a drop in enforcement might lead to more collisions and more deaths, Fisman said that well-established public health methods — the same ones used to uncover the toll of cigarette smoking in the 1960s — let anyone test that assumption, something he did this month using data from the Star.

Fisman’s startling conclusion: the deaths of dozens of Torontonians, possibly many more, can be attributed to the decline in Toronto police enforcement of Highway Traffic Act (HTA) offences between 2009 and 2018, most of which came after 2013.

“Post-2012, you get a profound increase in fatalities” on Toronto streets, said Fisman, head of epidemiology at the U of T’s Dalla Lana School of Public Health. At the same time “police-issued tickets dropped like a rock.”

(LIE-berals DO NOT like enforcing laws because it annoys voters and lost votes are seen as a TRAGEDY by LIE-berals- its just to bad about the people who get run over by IDIOTS - but the dead do not VOTE and are forgotten -unlike the goofs who get the tickets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

(And it does not help that many people have the idea that the roads were designed for rather HIGHER SPEEDS and thus they should be allowed to drive at those higher speeds - its just too bad the roads WERE NOT designed for the amount of traffic they are carrying - nor were the roads designed for use as race tracks by idiots convinced that others should get out of their way - there is both a dangerous arrogance and a fatal sense of urgency on the roads now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

(Also - Psychologists will tell you that your chances of getting into an accident greatly INCREASE if you are in the midst of a divorce or other stressful life changing event - such as losing a job etc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

(I know a guy whose store was going bankrupt and he owed money all over town and one rainy night he was rushing to a job and clipped a senior citizen - the result was fortunately limited to a broken ankle - but the point is personable troubles prompt us to often drive faster while PREOCCUPIED with troubles and it is a dangerous combination that adds to road troubles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

A Star analysis of ticket data shows Toronto drivers are far less likely to get a ticket for risky driving behaviours now than they were a decade ago. Toronto police issued roughly 234,000 fewer tickets last year than in 2009, a much steeper fall than for any other police service in the GTA.

(So we are way more stressed than we used to be and paying much less attention thanks to personal problems and cell phone distractions etc and we are not being policed nearly as much and not getting wakened up to our faults!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

City data shows that collisions rose steadily in the past seven years, with 2018 marking the highest total since the early 2000s. Last year also saw the most pedestrians and cyclists killed in the city since at least 2005.

A Toronto police report issued last month noted: “It has been well documented through numerous studies that enforcement is a key component to achieving a reduction in deaths and injuries caused through preventable collisions and poor driving behaviour.”

(So if the value of enforcement is “WELL DOCUMENTED” then why are LIE-berals not doing it?? Oh yeah- it costs money and makes LIE-berals look uncool!!!!)

Fisman said public health methods can’t definitively prove the enforcement change caused these extra deaths because there’s no way to compare the city to a hypothetical Toronto that kept issuing tickets at pre-2013 levels.

(The viral video spectacle of some racers temporarily closing highway 427 so they can do doughnuts in the middle of those 4 lanes suggests a growing out of control wildness in some drivers - as do the reports of stunt racing at wild speeds etc!! It seems obvious we are driving wilder and worse than previous generations!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
They can say, however, that the available data strongly suggests the Toronto police decision to reduce traffic enforcement is associated with a significant rise in pedestrian deaths.

“As an epidemiologist, while I can’t establish definitive causality, analyzing the data suggests the most likely cause for the increase (in deaths) was the decrease in enforcement — the number of tickets being issued,” Fisman said in an interview.

“I can extrapolate from that at least dozens of deaths could have been prevented if enforcement had been kept at the 2012 levels,” he said.

Fisman’s model finds a total of 142 pedestrian deaths can be attributed to the decline in HTA enforcement. But he acknowledges that given the limits of this type of analysis, and the possibility some other factor might explain a portion of those deaths, he is confident in saying “at least dozens.”

(Our cars are growing ever SAFER to operate - getting smaller and more nimble, wearing better tires and using disc brakes instead of the clumsy old drum brakes, being able to stop in much shorter space, carrying 4 wheel ABS traction controls and etc and yet we HIT MORE STUFF apparently because we are growing ever more CARELESS and distracted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Fisman’s other striking finding is that senior citizens are five times more likely to be killed on Toronto roads than the general population.

“This is a crisis in elderly pedestrians,” he said. “You can’t safely be an elderly person in Toronto and cross the street without literally fearing for your life. To me that’s madness — that’s not the sort of society we’re supposed to be.”

(Old folks getting hit more frequently is a sign of our growing level of distraction and impatience - we don’t have the time to wait for the slow moving old farts and we cut corners - with sometimes deadly results!!)

Twenty-five of the 38 pedestrians and cyclists killed on Toronto streets so far this year were over the age of 60. The most recent victim was a 66-year-old cyclist who died two weeks after she was hit by a right-turning driver at a Scarborough intersection last month.

Nestor Duque, standing not from where his sister's partner Miguel Candia was struck and killed, says, "We have to do something to protect the people, more police, or technology, cameras."

(Anecdotal evidence suggests drivers are now routinely exhibiting behaviour that would have OUTRAGED PAST GENERATIONS!! I recall laughing as an old man told me the story of how he persuaded his wild driving neighbour to slow down - the neighbour drove a convertible and one day as he roared down the street with the top down - and the old guy happened to be on the street chatting with somebody and drinking coffee as the convertible approached - and the old guy threw his ceramic cup of coffee straight into the drivers face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

(And yes - throwing a hot cup of coffee into a speeding drivers face IS DANGEROUS!! But so is speeding through a residential area like that!!! The wild driver MAY NOT have slowed down or learned any real lesson - but HE DID LEARN not to drive like that in front of the house where the old guy lived!! So the old guy and his dog were saved and protected by the altered behaviour!!!!!!!!!!!)

Seniors make up a majority of pedestrians and cyclists killed in Toronto in the last 10 years, a rate that far exceeds the over-60 share of the population as a whole.

The city’s Vision Zero road safety plan includes programs aimed at vulnerable road users, such as seniors and people with mobility issues.

In response to Fisman’s analysis, Toronto police said they are deeply committed to public safety and law enforcement. They noted the analysis doesn’t prove a causal link between deaths and enforcement and pointed to other potential factors, such as traffic congestion.

(Yes- and being a cop has become a VERY POLITICAL JOB and thus cops spout any crap that LIE-berals order them to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

A spokesperson for Mayor John Tory, meanwhile, said Tory has championed a number of pedestrian safety measures and pushed hard to implement photo radar.

(Photo radar is a good idea as it will prompt some people to slow down at least while in camera range - and that is a start on better road manners!! The other John Tory ideas such as reducing speed limits even further are just dumb - since our LIE-beral minded overlords don’t have the resources to enforce existing limits!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Safety advocates who have for years pushed Toronto to be more aggressive in protecting pedestrians and cyclists, lobbying for changes including redesigned roads — a top priority — tougher laws and more aggressive traffic enforcement, are shocked by Fisman’s findings.

(I recall travelling one morning on Gerard St past Main St - where there is a LONG STEEP HILL - at the top of the hill I passed a guy on a bicycle - and half way down the hill I was forced to halt for a stop light- and the bicycle guy came careening down that BIG HILL - and apparently HAD NO BRAKES - because he ricocheted off the right rear truck fender and bounced up over the curb and over a low retaining wall and out onto a lawn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

(Clearly the No Brakes bicycle rider was at fault - hitting a STATIONARY Vehicle and bike riders and jay walking pedestrians can be as stupid as any car driver!! Simply dropping speed limits as Jackass John Tory is doing is just an extension of the city hall War On Cars AND it is truly a massive cash grab as the size of fines paid WILL BE GOING UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
the previous legal owners who sold them to gangs

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HemerHOID is spreading that MANURE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes he is working straight from the back of the Bull, with fresh, ripe, steaming ORGANIC.........................

LIE-beral fertilizer AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For decades now -LIE-berals have been CLAIMING that guns with no serial number on them.......................

must have been "sold to gang members" by legal owners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIE-berals ARE IGNORING the reality......................................

that the kind of person who COULD LEGALLY OBTAIN A PISTOL.................................

WOULD NOT be willing to sell it to gangsters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The cost and consequences of being caught selling a pistol to gang bangers is not worth the trouble!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The kind of profit that can be obtained from jumping through the legal hoops and PAYING CANADIAN MARKET PRICES................

with all taxes and etc THAT ARE SO HIGH.............................................

and the black market SALE PRICE IS comparatively SO LOW - since you are competing with all sorts of SMUGGLED GUNS with NO taxes and no store overhead to pay for........................

that only a LUNATIC would bother selling legally obtained pistols on the black market!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the LIE-beral gun laws were DESIGNED to keep legal guns OUT of the hands of lunatics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And that LIE-beral LAW IS WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its just TOO BAD about the FLOOD of illegal guns that LIE-berals are doing NOTHING about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And it is truly unfortunate that LIE-berals are playing those SILLY "catch and release" GAMES with vicious gang bangers...............

in exchange for VOTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007

HemerHOID is spreading that MANURE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes he is working straight from the back of the Bull, with fresh, ripe, steaming ORGANIC.........................

LIE-beral fertilizer AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is Hemo from Quebec?

Seems like he's been inhaling too much dairy air, n'est-ce pas?

:?D

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Oh Joyless LIE-beral Monkey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The point you are trying to make IS UNCLEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since so many of your posts support repellent LIE-beral/ civil service union HOG values!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is an article illustrating how LIE-beral gravy grabbing has hurt us badly!!

(Clearly the No Brakes bicycle rider was at fault - hitting a STATIONARY Vehicle and bike riders and jay walking pedestrians can be as stupid as any car driver!! Simply dropping speed limits as Jackass John Tory is doing is just an extension of the city hall War On Cars AND it is truly a massive cash grab as the size of fines paid WILL BE GOING UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Since you seem to be a little reticent about taking any of my advice, I'll let you in on what is not a huge secret!

YOU ARE FULL OF SHIT! :) :)

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
During the election there was a discussion about a full ban on handguns. It is still being pushed hard by the gun grabbers.

ANd, the seizure of handguns in Toronto and/or Montreal et al is a "federal handgun grab" as the feds are going to pass the legislation to do so.

AND you'll have to post the link to where I said the feds were going to seize all handguns.

In other words, FAIL on your part, as always.
it was fake news invented by the gun trolls to try and influence the election.

and the ban is municipal, not federal. for now.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
it was fake news invented by the gun trolls to try and influence the election.

and the ban is municipal, not federal. for now.

Sigh.

It is like trying to teach calculus to a cocker spaniel.

If the gun ban is "municipal", why do the feds have to legislate it?

Here's a hint; The amendment of the Criminal Code is entirely a federal responsibility, therefore any law that allows municipalities to create new crimes (like possession of a handgun inside Toronto) is a FEDERAL responsibility.