Thuggery of the Left

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Everyone has a right to decide what they find disgusting dearie.

Sure.

But you are being severely hypocritcal if your supposed to "Care for the poor and downtrodden" or in this case, the SA is supposed to help the homeless and those with less, unless you're gay or lesbian or trans or part of just a select group of people.

Personally I don't see the SA as something to bother with. I'd donate to the red cross or some other organization that serves everyone, than them. Knowing that the SA are religious based, to be honest I'm not surprised by their exclusiveness when it comes to helping those who need help. I also think it's pointless to bother to try and change them. Let them be exclusive; give to other charities instead.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Sure.
But you are being severely hypocritcal if your supposed to "Care for the poor and downtrodden" or in this case, the SA is supposed to help the homeless and those with less, unless you're gay or lesbian or trans or part of just a select group of people.
Personally I don't see the SA as something to bother with. I'd donate to the red cross or some other organization that serves everyone, than them. Knowing that the SA are religious based, to be honest I'm not surprised by their exclusiveness when it comes to helping those who need help. I also think it's pointless to bother to try and change them. Let them be exclusive; give to other charities instead.
So you demand Chritians apply charity equally? Do you contribute to Christian charity or hold your money back for bigoted reasons?

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Sure.
SA spends the money they are given on helping people. Their overhead is very low. Red Cross OTH has a huge and highly paid bureaucracy to pay for out of donations. When they were collecting money to help Ft.Mac a couple of years ago they were even taking a cut of that money for handling.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Because I volunteer at the local homeless shelter and we also work WITH the Sally Anne and various churches, I can tell you, they help everyone who applies for food, and they also help with basic goods as well. None of the churches here apply sexual discrimination.

Salvation Army opens new space for homeless LGBT people, critics raise concerns

The Salvation Army is opening a new space for homeless members of the LGBT community in Winnipeg, but those plans are being criticized by gay advocates concerned about the organization's history with their community.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/new-lgbt-shelter-salvation-army-winnipeg-1.4511073

Now there is the problem - the sally anne is trying to change and the LGBQ just BITCH like babies.

Be asleep get b*tched at, get woke get b*tched at, just as long as you get b*tched at, and PAY us to b*tch at you too.
;)
LOL, The thuggery of fakenews left behind. Looks like it's becoming a full time job.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Sure.
The red cross pays itself first...

Report: Red Cross Spent 25 Percent Of Haiti Donations On Internal Expenses

The American Red Cross spent a quarter of the money people donated after the 2010 Haiti earthquake — or almost $125 million — on its own internal expenses, far more than the charity previously had disclosed, according to a report released Thursday by Iowa Sen. Chuck Grassley.
https://www.npr.org/2016/06/16/4820...fundamental-concerns-about-red-cross-finances

Trump haters like it like that though...

WOW! As already proved: That is such a pile of totally dishonest HATE bs...period.

After all the hard work and donations of goods and money SO MANY people contribute to help the less fortunate that WE DO around here
I am completely offended by your IGNORANT lies.

Either get off your ass and help out, or STFU with the already proven BS.

Last edited:

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
It's Winnipeg what do you expect. About a decade ago, a Mennonite based church built a fitness centre in the same vicinity of the Salvation Army location in Winnipeg, in order to help the poor and disadvantaged, the majority being of Aboriginal background. Nahanni Fontaine, an Aboriginal advocate and future NDP MLA, opposed the plan and equated it to "colonialism" and "cultural genocide."

You can't win with these people. Ignore them, and you are insensitive to their needs. Go out of your way to help them, and you are continuing to support colonialism.
Yet another mouthy activist takes it upon herself to deprive her fellow natives of something because she doesn't have the brains or the humanity to realize that many of them could very well benefit from the fitness center. This is so typical of the small minority of native activists who actively campaign against the betterment of their own people in order to further their ideologically driven, ill-formed goals. Damn shame that.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Sure.

I've supported the Salvation Army for years based on what I've heard that something over 80% of donations goes directly to mitigate need.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Were you donating to the Red Cross in the 80s when they knew that blood they stored were more than likely contaminated with HIV, yet gave it for blood transfusions to those in need, only to have the recipients end up dying a slow and painful death from AIDS.

Nobody is perfect. Cut the Salvation Army some slack.

I know the Salvation Army is about as good as it gets. I don't think they can be faulted as long as the donations go to the poverty cases and as far as I know they do.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Were you donating to the Red Cross in the 80s when they knew that blood they stored were more than likely contaminated with HIV, yet gave it for blood transfusions to those in need, only to have the recipients end up dying a slow and painful death from AIDS.

Nobody is perfect. Cut the Salvation Army some slack.

I can't verify it but I have heard the Red Cross does syphon off a lot of money for "expenses". Can someone else verify that?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Yet another mouthy activist takes it upon herself to deprive her fellow natives of something because she doesn't have the brains or the humanity to realize that many of them could very well benefit from the fitness center. This is so typical of the small minority of native activists who actively campaign against the betterment of their own people in order to further their ideologically driven, ill-formed goals. Damn shame that.
That's racism at work.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I can't verify it but I have heard the Red Cross does syphon off a lot of money for "expenses". Can someone else verify that?
That is a fact. It should be on their website somewhere . When ft. Mac burned and they were soliciting donations it came out in the news that they were extracting a fee. As was GoFundMe although due to bad press they gave a little bit back.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
That is a fact. It should be on their website somewhere . When ft. Mac burned and they were soliciting donations it came out in the news that they were extracting a fee. As was GoFundMe although due to bad press they gave a little bit back.

If memory serves me I believe the Red Cross did syphon off money for expenses in the 2010 Haiti fiasco. Not being stupid, I do realize to be realistic, people do have to be paid for their time and effort in many cases. I'm just making the point that in the case of the Sally Ann, it's a smaller amount, in defense of another poster who was slagging the Sally Ann.