Canada's oil imports from Saudi Arabia on the rise

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Like most Yankees he thinks we all live in igloos and use whale oil for our lamps.

On the upside though, the dog sleds use little oil and are extra more gooder for the environment.

i wonder if Curious might start a movement to have oil transported throughout Canada by dog teams?

Head office would be in Montreal. Production would suck and taxpayers would still be subsidizing the oil industry.

No doubt that they would need 3 X the management to help reduce profits and use that as an excuse to raise the price at the pumps

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Madagascar is a more secure source then the blackmailers in Alberta.
Anywhere but Western Canada .... unless you want to freeze in the dark, some day.

What was the name of that farm boy bully that hurt you? I might find time to look him up and ask him to write an apology to you.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Quebec is down to less than 5 days of natgas. Gosh, if only there were some reliable method of transporting things like natgas and oil across land. Hmmmm, oh hey I know. Bear with me here this may sound crazy but, what if we built a bunch of tubes and then joined those tubes together in a "line", pressurize it and send oil through it. Or, figure out a way to liquify natgas and ship it via these lines of tubes. We could call them 'tubelines' and build several of them.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Madagascar is a more secure source
Yeah, because they don't have a bunch of whiny f*cks with their panties in a twist over some fake man-made climate crisis.

Funny how you berate Alberta as a not secure source of oil when it's been Eastern and BC politicians working hard to f*ck over the oil industry. And yet you blame Albertans for it.

F*ck man, you're part of the goddam problem with Canada. I publicly said some pretty nasty stuff about Robert Bourassa after he claimed that Canada wasn't a real country. It's something a deeply regret as an action of impetuous youth. The fact is, Robert was right. This isn't a real country.

Groper too, was right when he said Canada has no core culture or core identity. I hated him for saying it but he was right. Because at its core, Canada isn't a real country. It's a loose federation of constantly squabbling regions who only give a shit about what they want and to hell with the ROC. And you sir, are one of the squabblers.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Have you seen the movie "Deliverance?"
Curious Cdn may have experienced a brutal sexual assault. It may have been very traumatic for him. Hence the animosity towards the West.
On the contrary, I come from a family of Westerners.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Why do you hate your family so much? Did you and your immediate family have a fallout?
I don't hate them, at all. They are mostly highly educated ... including a couple of University professors and they wouldn't give a wanker like you a second look.

Whatever it is you represent, it's not the West.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
they wouldn't give a wanker like you a second look.
Not while you are there in the window keeping track of his sex life first...
;)
They have liquor stores to rob and corners to stand on and students to communize.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Quebec is down to less than 5 days of natgas. Gosh, if only there were some reliable method of transporting things like natgas and oil across land. Hmmmm, oh hey I know. Bear with me here this may sound crazy but, what if we built a bunch of tubes and then joined those tubes together in a "line", pressurize it and send oil through it. Or, figure out a way to liquify natgas and ship it via these lines of tubes. We could call them 'tubelines' and build several of them.

I wonder what they did with the contracts to TC Energy and Enbridge that use to ship LNG right to Montreal?

Sask. not impacted by propane shortage due to rail strike

The CN rail strike won't affect Saskatchewan as much as other provinces, at least as far as the energy sector here is concerned.
Quebec producers rely on propane—which they mostly get by rail—to dry out harvested grain. It's also used for heating and cooking by more people and organizations there.
Only a few communities in Saskatchewan—including some areas in the north, and parts of some resort communities—use propane for heat. It's transported by truck or pipelines from processing facilities within the province or Alberta.
SaskEnergy spokesperson Dave Burdeniuk says 92 per cent of the province is served by natural gas.
"All the supplies that we need for any homes or businesses or industry all comes in via pipeline and then we serve our customers via pipeline so it's all through a pipeline network, It's not impacted by anything on the railways," he told CBC.
Federated Co-operatives Limited (Co-op) told CBC by email that it primarily relies on pipelines and trucks to transport its propane.
A Co-op spokesperson said some Saskatchewan farmers are still using propane for grain drying, but that demand is beginning to decline heading into winter.
Quebec uses more than 6-million litres of propane per week but has been rationing that use to less than half since the strike started on Tuesday. For now, hospitals and seniors' home will have priority.
The premier described the situation as an "emergency" and called on federal opposition parties to support back-to-work legislation.

On a side note those poor Quebec farmers having difficulty with their wet harvest better fast track a solution for them. Wait a minute aren't the prairies also trying to deal with the same concern? Oh yeah we are from the West we'll have to deal with it ourselves of course

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I wonder what they did with the contracts to TC Energy and Enbridge that use to ship LNG right to Montreal?
Sask. not impacted by propane shortage due to rail strike
On a side note those poor Quebec farmers having difficulty with their wet harvest better fast track a solution for them. Wait a minute aren't the prairies also trying to deal with the same concern? Oh yeah we are from the West we'll have to deal with it ourselves of course
Time for those Quebecers to find a more reliable source of propane ... like by floating LNG tankers up the St.Lawrence.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
They would probably crash and sink.
Ships have been sailing up the St. Lawrence for close to 500 years, now ... including tankers at regular intervals ... and it is orders of magnitude safer and more reliable than transporting stuff on the CNR. It's easier in a way than using pipelines, too as shipping requires very much less base infrastructure.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
That would be false.
Quebec is corrupt. Infrastructure is shit, bridges have collapsed, and that accident in Trois Rivieres killed dozens when the rail cars broke loose and crashed into that nightclub. In virtually no time the St.Lawerance would be black with oil.

You make it sound as if this "tanker" thing is a some sort new invention that Quebec has never seen, before.

http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/marinesafety/facts-oil-tanker-safety-canada-4513.html

You must have spent your childhood locked up in the cupboard under the stairs.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Time for those Quebecers to find a more reliable source of propane ... like by floating LNG tankers up the St.Lawrence.
Ships have been sailing up the St. Lawrence for close to 500 years, now ... including tankers at regular intervals ... and it is orders of magnitude safer and more reliable than transporting stuff on the CNR. It's easier in a way than using pipelines, too as shipping requires very much less base infrastructure.
But...but what about the Spirit Bear and Bills C-48 & C-69?? Oh yeah...right.

I would add that European shipping has been sailing up the St. Lawrence for hundreds of years, but shipping may have been happening on a global basis for thousands of years (it wasn't just Europeans that could float and design an ocean going vessel). All oceans & seas...Phoenicians and North & West & East Africans and the Chinese and Polynesians and so on & so forth...It's now estimated that that Aborigines have been in Australia for more that 50,000yrs at this point (DNA) and they probably didn't walk there.

Shipping, if you happen to be graced with a coastline, is easier in a way that the infrastructure involved with railways or pipelines. We agree there. Thankfully when Canada became a nation in 1867 this issue was thought of and guarantees where put into legislation to prevent future provinces from becoming landlocked and held for ransom preventing them from being able to get their goods to foreign markets for the Peace, Order, & Good Government of Canada. This can be found in Section 91 of the Constitution Act of Canada 1867 if anyone is interested.

I guess that a West that wishes us to "freeze in the dark" is not a very reliable source of energy.

Better to get it from an absolute monarchy.
You spout this quote often, but do you understand the context that it came from, & who said it, & when, & why, and in relation to what situation and to whom it was addressed?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Energy_Program

The above LINK will give some context and open the door to further exploration if you wish to educate yourself instead of just coming off as a 1-3 sentence Troll spouting an out of context quote from decades ago addressed to Justin's father Pierre. We live in interesting times with the InterWebs offering so much information at your fingertips from the comfort of your own home if chose to inform yourself.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
But...but what about the Spirit Bear and Bills C-48 & C-69?? Oh yeah...right.
I would add that European shipping has been sailing up the St. Lawrence for hundreds of years, but shipping may have been happening on a global basis for thousands of years (it wasn't just Europeans that could float and design an ocean going vessel). All oceans & seas...Phoenicians and North & West & East Africans and the Chinese and Polynesians and so on & so forth...It's now estimated that that Aborigines have been in Australia for more that 50,000yrs at this point (DNA) and they probably didn't walk there.
Shipping, if you happen to be graced with a coastline, is easier in a way that the infrastructure involved with railways or pipelines. We agree there. Thankfully when Canada became a nation in 1867 this issue was thought of and guarantees where put into legislation to prevent future provinces from becoming landlocked and held for ransom preventing them from being able to get their goods to foreign markets for the Peace, Order, & Good Government of Canada. This can be found in Section 91 of the Constitution Act of Canada 1867 if anyone is interested.

You spout this quote often, but do you understand the context that it came from, & who said it, & when, & why, and in relation to what situation and to whom it was addressed?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Energy_Program
The above LINK will give some context and open the door to further exploration if you wish to educate yourself instead of just coming off as a 1-3 sentence Troll spouting an out of context quote from decades ago addressed to Justin's father Pierre. We live in interesting times with the InterWebs offering so much information at your fingertips from the comfort of your own home if chose to inform yourself.
I keep seeing it spouted daily/weekly by mean spirited Westerners and one has to conclude that "Let them freeze in the dark" is a widespread sentiment in the West and therefore, should be anticipated and planned for. Western blackmail? Why construct a national infrastructure that leaves us vulnerable? Most of us live in the East. We have alternate sources. Why take the chance?

As far as "context", King Ralph was a paedophile piss tank but his message was really popular out in Yahooland.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
CONGRATULATIONS. You have just beat hood for most idiotic comment of the month

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek

I could understand a small rural town getting down to 5 days of natural gas, Jin. But an entire province? Now that's preparedness in the event of emergency at its finest, that is./s
Apparently this is no big deal though because it's mainly farmers who are affected by the shortage.............and you know..........who cares about the people that put food on your table.