Capitalism will save this world

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
You need to work and pay in to get it.

No you don't. My wife gets it and she worked two years her entire life. My kids were getting CPP benefits before they even graduated from high school. You really should stick to topics you know something about

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
No you don't. My wife gets it and she worked two years her entire life. My kids were getting CPP benefits before they even graduated from high school. You really should stick to topics you know something about
that presents a bit of a problem

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Hmmmn..........seems a tad extreme....no? Maybe a bit of singeing would do?

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Disability CPP.
This one neighbour down the street, was paying child support to his wife..
Now that he is disabled, he gets cpp disability pension and his child support is paid directly to the children by CPP
What's the matter with Cannut...his wife's disability pension was paying for his kids?
Bottle sorting doesn't pay enough?

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Spousal income is irrelevant. You're as clueless as Pete. That's probably why you're as upset as often as he is

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
This one neighbour down the street, was paying child support to his wife..
Now that he is disabled, he gets cpp disability pension and his child support is paid directly to the children by CPP
What's the matter with Cannut...his wife's disability pension was paying for his kids?
Bottle sorting doesn't pay enough?
Children's benefit
A monthly benefit for dependent children (under age 18 or between 18 and 25 and attending school full time) of someone receiving a CPP disability benefit.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
No you don't. My wife gets it and she worked
two years her entire life.
My kids were getting CPP benefits before they even graduated from high school. You really should stick to topics you know something about
Contribution requirements to be eligible for disability benefits
To qualify for CPP disability benefits, you must have contributed to the CPP in:
four of the last six years; or
three of the last six years if you have contributed for at least 25 years.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Of course he does the bloody hypocrite

one billion

More than one billion people are active on Facebook.

More than 100 million people use Instagram every month.

Boggles the mind, DS. But if you really want a look at what is behind Fascist Book and Instagram you may just want to have a look at this documentary.

www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/film/in-the-age-of-ai/

FRONTLINE investigates the promise and perils of artificial intelligence, from fears about work and privacy to rivalry between the U.S. and China. The documentary traces a new industrial revolution that will reshape and disrupt our lives, our jobs and our world, and allow the emergence of the surveillance society.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Boggles the mind, DS. But if you really want a look at what is behind Fascist Book and Instagram you may just want to have a look at this documentary.
www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/film/in-the-age-of-ai/
FRONTLINE investigates the promise and perils of artificial intelligence, from fears about work and privacy to rivalry between the U.S. and China. The documentary traces a new industrial revolution that will reshape and disrupt our lives, our jobs and our world, and allow the emergence of the surveillance society.
I have that episode on the PVR. Now I'm intrigued.

If you think we are on a short digital leash now, just wait until 5G hits and more so when Musk completes Starlink.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Corporate greed is good, it makes most people try to do better,,,, most,, that is,, except the born losers
Greed where only one side is punished for crossing the line. Capatalist have to lie to keep theit systen alfoat. They have to produce shoddy goods to kkep their system afloat. People are forced to stay with it. It was outdated when Chris discovered America.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Why is there so much adoration of wealth hoarders. Is it not known that extreme hoarding is a symptom of mentall illness? Why is extreme wealth hoarding any different?

The worship of billionaires has become our shittiest religion
Nobody should have a billion dollars, and those who do are something other than fully human.

One billion dollars is a huge amount of money. Indeed: One billion dollars is such a huge amount of money, that there has recently emerged a whole sub-genre of images specifically designed to help us get our heads around how huge it is. If you, for instance, had earned a million a year, every year since the Battle of Hastings (that’s 1066, for non-Brits), and not spent any of it, you still wouldn’t (interest notwithstanding) be a billionaire. If you earned an annual salary of $43,000, you might eventually become a billionaire (again, not accounting for expenses or accumulated interest) — if you waited over 23,000 years.And none of this is even accounting for the still more extreme amount of money that Jeff Bezos has managed to accumulate over the course of his lifetime: $110 billion dollars, according to one recent estimate. The other day, I overheard a couple in the pub, students I think, arguing about how much a billion was. One thought it was ten million. The second bet that it was actually a bit bigger: one hundred million. When they realized that a billion is in fact either one thousand million (“short scale,” sometimes thought of as an “American billion” by British people) or one million million (“long scale,” used officially in Britain until the mid-1970s), they couldn’t stop laughing. People actually have that amount, like that amount of currency — in money? And they’re just allowed to sort of... have it?

Billionaires are powerful, and some people are just psychologically conditioned to be toadies.

More: https://theoutline.com/post/8187/billionaires-are-not-people
Prog shit.