Students suspended from Canadian high school for refusing to wear rainbow poppy

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Do you people do the poppy thing for any other reason than to piss each other off?
I mean, you do realize that World War I was basically a fight between two drunks in the parking lot compared to World War II, right?
And heck, for most on this board, a white feather would be more appropriate than a red poppy.

For some countries, like Britain, WWI was worse than WWII in number of deaths.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
To be fair though, dead Brits is only really bad for the Brittish. The fact that so many North American men went over and improved the gene pool was actually great benefit to the UK

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
The girl was not tossed for not wearing the poppy, she was tossed for a note she held up on a social media post pic, which BTW, doesn't even appear "HATEFUL", it just expresses an opposing point of view to the communist narrative.

Now if she had quoted a real racist or something, that might be called HATE by some I guess.
;)
according to those hateful types getting quoted anyway.

Exclusive: The LGBTQ movement is being funded by rich people
Why aren't average LGBTQ people donating to organizations promoting their rights?

The 2017 National LGBT Movement Report provides a comprehensive snapshot of the financial health of most of America’s largest lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) social justice organizations. 39 groups participated in this year’s report and includes organizations focused on national, regional and state issues.

Based on the number of donors to participating organizations (and assuming they are all LGBT and there are no duplicates) compared to the number of LGBT adults in the United States, only 2.8% of LGBT people contribute $35 or more to participating organizations.

While the groups reported an aggregate increase in revenue of 11% from 2015 to 2016, over $13 million of that came from corporations. Individual contributions were the largest share of revenue, with foundation contributions and fundraising events also adding to the mix.

“While there has been a cumulative increase in revenue from individual contributions, the data continues to reiterate findings from previous years that very few LGBT people contribute to LGBT organizations,” the report cautions.
https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2017/12/exclusive-lgbtq-movement-funded-rich-people/

Yeah corporations...Oh well, get woke, go broke.

Last edited:

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Do you people do the poppy thing for any other reason than to piss each other off?

No. Some of us 'do the poppy thing' to recognize that people gave their lives so others could be free.

I mean, you do realize that World War I was basically a fight between two drunks in the parking lot compared to World War II, right?
In Canada we honor the dead and those who serve(d) of all wars.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
No. Some of us 'do the poppy thing' to recognize that people gave their lives so others could be free.
In the U.S. we honor those who gave their lives with THE 50% OFF SALE AT MATTRESS WAREHOUSE!

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister

I buy a poppy every year, but i will drop whatever change I have in my pocket into the jar whenever I am by a stand for the added reason of helping the many vetrans that are struggling to afford a roof over their head and hot meal.

... Thanks tater tot... this must be a good excuse for you to take yourself and brood on another vacation, errrr - I mean 'business trip' in high style at the tax payers expense

In the U.S. we honor those who gave their lives with THE 50% OFF SALE AT MATTRESS WAREHOUSE!

Ummm, a big sale you say?... You don't happen to have the address of this Mattress Whorehouse you speak of, do ya?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Welcome to the 21st Centry. Might I suggest a slight 'improvement'. Twist the petals so is acts like in pinwheel in the wind. That can represent 'the old boys' turning in their graves.