Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Saudi Aramco has confirmed it is planning to list on the Riyadh stock exchange, in what could be the world's biggest initial public offering (IPO).

The state-owned oil giant will determine the IPO launch price after registering interest from investors.
Business sources say the Saudis are expected to make shares available for 1% or 2% of the firm, and the offer will be for existing company shares.

Saudi Aramco is thought to be worth about $1.2tn (£927bn).

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-50070823

Wise

Electoral Member
Mar 3, 2019
(£927bn) - A huge number. Hard to visualise how it really compares to anything.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
if you wanted definitive proof that the Oil Age is ending look no further than the House of Saud publicly listing their golden goose.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
if you wanted definitive proof that the Oil Age is ending look no further than the House of Saud publicly listing their golden goose.

I understand that their initial listing failed miserably. Wonder if they'll succeed a second time.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
I understand that their initial listing failed miserably. Wonder if they'll succeed a second time.

The real tell-tale sign will be observing how many investment funds that have sworn-off supporting oil companies will be racing to get a piece of the IPO

they have seen the future and it does not include oil

... And yet, you personally refuse to give up your daily consumption of oil

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
The real tell-tale sign will be observing how many investment funds that have sworn-off supporting oil companies will be racing to get a piece of the IPO

... And yet, you personally refuse to give up your daily consumption of oil
In fact I insist on it