Why one N.W.T. teen is suing the Canadian government over climate change inaction

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Take the case to an International Court. That is why it has never been done, the Canadian Admin would be shown to be working for the WHO from the Northern EU to do medical experiments that match those done on the villages in the most remote places in Africa. If they did that shit at home they would all 'be removed from power permanently'.
First you'd need to prove you were wronged. How do you do that when nothing was done to you?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Sorry that you don't get how it works...
I really would like to get it . You say we are doing nothing , but that is not true . I see wind turbines in Alberta , and B.C. . Alberta the oil capital of Canada has huge wind farms near Pincer Creek , is that nothing ? B. C. With our hydro power have wind farms at Tumbler Ridge , that is more than nothing .
There is also credible scientists stating that the earth is going into a cooling phase due to lack of sunspot activity, and severe food shortages will be occurring in the next couple of years .American midwestern farmers have crops rotting in the fields because of a late spring delaying seeding and early onset of winter affecting harvest . This is said to be the coming norm .
Who to believe , computer models or my own lying eyes .

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Sorry that you don't get how it works...
How it works is if you don't like oil, don't use it. You don't force everyone else to follow your wacky religion. So these kids can go live in an igloo with a whale oil lamp for heat if they have the power of their convictions. Most likely they are just pawns of some know nothing white lawyer or teacher. Or both.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
I really would like to get it . You say we are doing nothing , but that is not true . I see wind turbines in Alberta , and B.C. . Alberta the oil capital of Canada has huge wind farms near Pincer Creek , is that nothing ? B. C. With our hydro power have wind farms at Tumbler Ridge , that is more than nothing .
There is also credible scientists stating that the earth is going into a cooling phase due to lack of sunspot activity, and severe food shortages will be occurring in the next couple of years .American midwestern farmers have crops rotting in the fields because of a late spring delaying seeding and early onset of winter affecting harvest . This is said to be the coming norm .
Who to believe , computer models or my own lying eyes .

Sask. is suppose to be 50% alternative powered in the next few years

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
There are ideas out there, but adults won't even listen to the other adults who have them/suggest them. And considering the dismissal the kids get for voicing their thoughts without any backup, you think they'll be listened to?

Taking the government to court is trying to do something, likely the last step they have. Even if it's force the government to take them seriously when they say "Do something!"

And yet people like you bitch and moan that they're doing even that. Tell them they're kids and they should STFU.

Thing is, people like you and I are the older generation who sat back and did nothing and they're pissed about it. They want to see things change, see it done now, not after we're dead. And I don't blame them.

So yeah, good on em, we'll see where it gets them.

You simply don't get it.

These kids in NWT need to do some of their own BASIC research and understand that they can not survive AT THIS TIME (literally) without oil/gas.

So, in order to accommodate their demands, how's this for doing 'something'... Stop all deliveries of diesel, gasoline, propane, etc into their communities?

That's 'doing something' and conveniently, straight out of the playbook that they want to follow.

... Do you believe this to be a viable solution?

Do you believe this will be in the best interests of those kids?

These kids need to stop with the tantrums and come up with at least a suggestion.. Seeing how they can't, if they want their wishes imposed on them, great, cut-off all energy deliveries and force them to generate the solution because for the last number of decades, brilliant minds across the globe have struck-out so maybe they will have an answer.

Sask. is suppose to be 50% alternative powered in the next few years

Rings hollow considering that there needs to be 100% back up power from some coal or nat gas

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Absolutely, it was apart of the Sask. made carbon plan including carbon capture without the tax, that was rejected by Climate Barbie.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
How it works is if you don't like oil, don't use it. You don't force everyone else to follow your wacky religion. So these kids can go live in an igloo with a whale oil lamp for heat if they have the power of their convictions. Most likely they are just pawns of some know nothing white lawyer or teacher. Or both.

Cause they're kids and obviously can't understand or know their own mind or have their own thoughts or anything. It HAS to be some adult behind it all, nefariously working to undermine the Freedom of everyone else!

... give me a break.

You're not that ignorant to not realize that just because they want to have a cleaner planet and something to be done about climate change, that doesn't mean they need to stop using oil and oil products.

Because you CAN'T... it's everywhere pretty much. The point these kids and others have is to make such things LESS, not continue to use it more.

Or is that too simple an idea for you to get?

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
You simply don't get it.

These kids in NWT need to do some of their own BASIC research and understand that they can not survive AT THIS TIME (literally) without oil/gas.

So, in order to accommodate their demands, how's this for doing 'something'... Stop all deliveries of diesel, gasoline, propane, etc into their communities?

That's 'doing something' and conveniently, straight out of the playbook that they want to follow.

... Do you believe this to be a viable solution?

Do you believe this will be in the best interests of those kids?

These kids need to stop with the tantrums and come up with at least a suggestion.. Seeing how they can't, if they want their wishes imposed on them, great, cut-off all energy deliveries and force them to generate the solution because for the last number of decades, brilliant minds across the globe have struck-out so maybe they will have an answer.

You're right, I don't get it.

I don't get why giving a shit about the planet is so wrong. I don't get why wanting clean air, clean water and clean earth is so wrong.

I don't get why my seeing proof that the climate is changing - no matter how it is doing so - isn't something to be concerned about when it actually should be.

I don't get why kids who are worried about their future aren't allowed to voice that worry.

I don't get why a lot of things about this issue are such an effin' issue to some people. It really does confused the fuk out of me.

It seems to me though that you see the whole thing as a one issue solution: if you are against climate change, then stop living like you are now and go back to the caves (an exaggeration I know).

I don't think these kids see it that way.

I think they see there are possible solutions being worked on all over from older scientists to kids from first world countries to kids in third world countries, but the government just isn't investing and putting money where their mouth is. So now they're gonna try to force it through the court.

That's their right to do. If they win, good on them and eventually good on us. If they lose, then they lose and you and yours have won and can keep ignoring everything cause it just doesn't matter.

FYI, WE created these kids. We told kids that they can stand up for what they believe in, they can voice their opinions, they can challenge what they see is wrong. Now we're supposed to tell them "Except for things we don't like"?

Sorry, no take backs.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Cause they're kids and obviously can't understand or know their own mind or have their own thoughts or anything. It HAS to be some adult behind it all, nefariously working to undermine the Freedom of everyone else!

... give me a break.

You're not that ignorant to not realize that just because they want to have a cleaner planet and something to be done about climate change, that doesn't mean they need to stop using oil and oil products.

Because you CAN'T... it's everywhere pretty much. The point these kids and others have is to make such things LESS, not continue to use it more.

Or is that too simple an idea for you to get?
Well they as you are free to use less , to leave as small a footprint as possible . Eat canned vegetables all winter , Who needs oranges and bananas ? Wash dishes and clothes in the sink.,.
But the sad fact remains people like their modern conveniences and do not want to return to simpler times . We like the choices available to us in the supermarket, and I bet those children do as well .
Once a viable alternative to the gas powered automobile people will embrace that change , but at present electric vehicles don’t provide that alternative .

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
You're right, I don't get it.

I don't get why giving a shit about the planet is so wrong. I don't get why wanting clean air, clean water and clean earth is so wrong.

I don't get why my seeing proof that the climate is changing - no matter how it is doing so - isn't something to be concerned about when it actually should be.

I don't get why kids who are worried about their future aren't allowed to voice that worry.

I don't get why a lot of things about this issue are such an effin' issue to some people. It really does confused the fuk out of me.

It seems to me though that you see the whole thing as a one issue solution: if you are against climate change, then stop living like you are now and go back to the caves (an exaggeration I know).

I don't think these kids see it that way.

I think they see there are possible solutions being worked on all over from older scientists to kids from first world countries to kids in third world countries, but the government just isn't investing and putting money where their mouth is. So now they're gonna try to force it through the court.

That's their right to do. If they win, good on them and eventually good on us. If they lose, then they lose and you and yours have won and can keep ignoring everything cause it just doesn't matter.

FYI, WE created these kids. We told kids that they can stand up for what they believe in, they can voice their opinions, they can challenge what they see is wrong. Now we're supposed to tell them "Except for things we don't like"?

Sorry, no take backs.

The global warming movement IS NOT about pollution. Further, you're not seeing any proof that the climate is changing due to human induced variables.

If they think that they have the answer, they are free to act in what ever manner they see fit, but considering that they are not prepared to 'take action', all they are are kids throwing a tantrum

Much like Greta, they aren't prepared to pay any cost - easier to throw a tantrum

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
What don't I get?

YOU ARE MISSING ALL SORTS OF THINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Such as WHY IT COSTS MORE to do less????????????????????

WHY should it be so costly to stop people screwing around on Sea-Doos and airplanes????????????????

WHY should it cost ordinary people any money to BAN those stupid compressed air bubble systems......................

that HOGS use to prevent ice damage to their costly Muskoka docks????????????????????????

The previous HOG generation made due without bubble systems - why not ban them NOW as environmentally COSTLY B.S.

WHY should it cost US CASH to tell LIE-berals that because of the "Climate Emergency" ...............................

LIE-berals MUST NOW take the train or bus if they wish to travel??????????????????????????

WHY DO WE PAY if LIE-berals are told : NO MORE AIR TRAVEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE have been told that the Cdn premiers have recently had several Skype conference calls.........................

so they can plan the best way to oppose Our idiot Boy and his loser LIE-berals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yet in spite of the Climate Emergency Our idiot Boy is planning to MEET with all the premiers in person.....................

later this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Think of it - 10 provincial premiers and the Yukon rep - plus the Nunuvut play province leader......................

AND HOW MANY aides and hacks and flacks and fart catchers will also come along?????????????????

ALL hopping aboard planes to burn HOW MANY litres of gas just to meet up??????????????????????

THE ONLY REASON I CAN SEE for all those politicians to spend so much time and money and gas.........................

just to meet in person...................................

would be if the premiers are planning to take turns sitting directly across from Our idiot Boy............................

and every time he says something STUPID - they plan to KICK HIM IN THE SHINS till he shuts up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Otherwise they should stick to insulting him over SKYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
The global warming movement IS NOT about pollution.

You're right. It's about the climate changing and our response to that change.

Further, you're not seeing any proof that the climate is changing due to human induced variables.

You're right there too, I can't PROVE humans are the be all and end all of the climate that is changing.

But the climate IS changing.

And it'd be totally idiotic to think that humans haven't done a THING to help it change in any way. Idiotic and stupid way beyond any measure available.

Regardless if we are, or aren't, what's wrong with taking responsibility and trying to lessen what impact we DO know we have? Loss of biodiversity, loss of life both above and below the water...

If they think that they have the answer, they are free to act in what ever manner they see fit, but considering that they are not prepared to 'take action', all they are are kids throwing a tantrum

And so are you over the belief we don't have anything to do with the climate changing.

I'll have to re-read the article again but I don't think the kids are saying they have an answer, but rather that if there is answers to try and stop some of the damage, Government isn't doing enough to help. And obviously they are prepared to take action... they're taking the government to court over it.

Much like Greta, they aren't prepared to pay any cost - easier to throw a tantrum

Unless you know every facet of their lives, you can't say that. Is it LIKELY they're not doing all they can to lessen their impact? Probably not. They're not only kids, they're humans, and we are a lazy mofo race. But they're inspired to try and maybe that'll lead to more. Or maybe they are doing things in their lives to change realizing that adults like you and me likely aren't going to do much ourselves.

Regardless, again; good on em. Hope they win.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
If you thought regular math was hard...
Check out "Climate Math".