Capitalism will save this world

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Yeah, where did you get the idea she wanted to starve the world? Using electricity and bot to do the farming would increase production when using less oil (and still need oil for the bearings) while putting many people out of work. The question is, 'Should they enjoy a good life or be one meal away from starvation during their lives'??

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Prog shit.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Yeah, where did you get the idea she wanted to starve the world? Using electricity and bot to do the farming would increase production when using less oil (and still need oil for the bearings) while putting many people out of work. The question is, 'Should they enjoy a good life or be one meal away from starvation during their lives'??

Much like yourself, Greta simply has not thought about the unintended consequences of the actions from her tantrum she threw at the UN.

... But, seeing that food production is as easy as popping down to the ole agri-bot store, i suppose that we have no issues at all.

Say!, maybe a better idea is just provide cell phones to the starving folks in these impoverished nations and they can just order in!

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
lol Truth is subjective and relative. All depends upon perspective and it is independent of evidence.
People are living longer, healthier, and wealthier lives everywhere in the world and it’s not because gubmints are controlling more and more.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
PG&E is giving the world a good look at how private enterprise handles itself.

They are unable to provide a service and so will have to be taken over by the government and bailed out

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Much like yourself, Greta simply has not thought about the unintended consequences of the actions from her tantrum she threw at the UN.
... But, seeing that food production is as easy as popping down to the ole agri-bot store, i suppose that we have no issues at all.
Say!, maybe a better idea is just provide cell phones to the starving folks in these impoverished nations and they can just order in!
Mocking starvation now?

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Let ma ask you a question cliffy.
As you're a big supporter of Greta, what do you believe will be the effect on food production if her oh-so-wise demands of ridding the planet of fossil fuels (read: fuel for farm equipment) are implemented?
Any thoughts on this?
Waiting for the Facebook meme response.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
PG&E is giving the world a good look at how private enterprise handles itself.
They are unable to provide a service and so will have to be taken over by the government and bailed out
Hard to earn a living when your revenue is government controlled but expenses are not.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Mocking starvation now?

Not mocking TBones - telling the cold hard truth about how wee Greta's prediction of being on the verge of a mass extinction will come to fruition if she gets her way and has fossil fuels eliminated from the mix.

At this point, there is absolutely no way that food production would be capable of being sustained at 1/20 of it's current values without the benefit of ICE powered farm equipment.

Greta attended the UN and essentially threw a tantrum... I can't begin to imagine the thoughts going through the heads of those UN representatives of impoverished and developing nations when she demanded the cessation of the use of oil/gas... These reps must have been horrified that Greta has such a lack of foresight in that her proposed solution would be condemning 100s of millions to a medieval existence and eventual starvation.

So to address your comment - No, I am not mocking starvation... I am mocking the relative ignorance of the movement being represented by Greta and every other ecotard that sees life through uni-dimensional lenses

AnnaEmber

Council Member
Aug 31, 2019
Kootenays BC
People are living longer, healthier, and wealthier lives everywhere in the world and it’s not because gubmints are controlling more and more.
I'd say medicine has a hand in it. Also helps that hungry predators aren't picking on us as much. Big deal. People are still starving. And governments should stay the eff out of business concerns and stick to governing.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
I'd say medicine has a hand in it. Also helps that hungry predators aren't picking on us as much. Big deal. People are still starving. And governments should stay the eff out of business concerns and stick to governing.
Please tell us where people are starving.