First Brown face, now Red Faced ROFLOL

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
How on earth would he have overcome the mess Harper left. Investing in our peopie and instead of the unemployed living on welfare they are actually paying taxes!!
Now we face once more a break for the wealthy and tough times for the rest of us.
Harper didn't leave a mess. He cleaned up a lot of the disaster he was handed by the previous liberal administration. Which TrudOWE promptly destroyed again.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
He gave tax breaks to billionaires, cut healthcare and ran up debt.
Bullshit. He gave tax breaks to people that pay taxes. Neither did he cut health care. Dipper lies just like in BC where they claimed Christy Clark cut health care because she didn't raise spending as much as they wanted.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
lol yes Harper and Crusty are cut from the same white natty cloth.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I see you missed the ending of the article you posted....................
"What voters need to know about deficits and the debt, CBC News; Canada's credit rating should ease worries about federal deficits, Trudeau says, Globe and Mail; Fitch warns Canada's debt close to level incompatible with 'AAA' status, Bloomberg; Fitch Affirms Canada's Ratings at 'AAA'; Outlook Stable, Fitch Ratings, DBRS Confirms Government of Canada at AAA Stable, DBRS; Debt-to-income picture improved slightly in 2nd quarter, CBC News, Remaining countries with AAA credit ratings, NBC News; United States loses prized AAA credit rating from S&P, Reuters, The Credit Rating Controversy, The Council on Foreign Relations."
Too bad you don't understand what any of that means. The fact is we should have zero debt or deficit. Which would be the case is lefty politicians were not so intent on buying votes with our own money. Your grandkids are going to be paying for your freeloading today.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Too bad you don't understand what any of that means. The fact is we should have zero debt or deficit. Which would be the case is lefty politicians were not so intent on buying votes with our own money. Your grandkids are going to be paying for your freeloading today.
Probably at higher interest rates , meaning less services and even higher taxes , lessening the purchasing power and standard of living for those paying . Your grandchildren will be choosing between heat or food , but the government will still be demanding their share .

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
Harper didn't leave a mess. He cleaned up a lot of the disaster he was handed by the previous liberal administration. Which TrudOWE promptly destroyed again.
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post
Why Trudeau should be more humble about his credit rating brag

"What voters need to know about deficits and the debt, CBC News; Canada's credit rating should ease worries about federal deficits, Trudeau says, Globe and Mail; Fitch warns Canada's debt close to level incompatible with 'AAA' status, Bloomberg; Fitch Affirms Canada's Ratings at 'AAA'; Outlook Stable, Fitch Ratings, DBRS Confirms Government of Canada at AAA Stable, DBRS; Debt-to-income picture improved slightly in 2nd quarter, CBC News, Remaining countries with AAA credit ratings, NBC News; United States loses prized AAA credit rating from S&P, Reuters, The Credit Rating Controversy, The Council on Foreign Relations."

I notice you also missed the end of the article by Twin_Moose

Zero debts or deficts is not what is needed or wanted in any economy. It is all about spending the taxes on what the country wants or needs. It is about balance and needs. It is also about spending sensibly and pay back in a reasonable time frame.
Any good housewife will tell you that.

Last edited:

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Maybe he was talking about Alberta's debt rating. Not very good at all.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post
Why Trudeau should be more humble about his credit rating brag
I notice you also missed the end of the article by Twin_Moose
Zero debts or deficts is not what is needed or wanted in any economy. It is all about spending the taxes on what the country wants or needs. It is about balance and needs. It is also about spending sensibly and pay back in a reasonable time frame.
Any good housewife will tell you that.
No it is about accountability. Zero debt Is what is needed, just like in your household. Well maybe not yours because you are fiscally irresponsible but it is the case in mine.Paying back in a reasonable timeframe only works if you do not continue to wracked up debt like trudOWE has been doing. Pretty soon we will be in the same boat as Greece.
What some people want and what the country needs are not necessarily the same thing.

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
No it is about accountability. Zero debt Is what is needed, just like in your household. Well maybe not yours because you are fiscally irresponsible but it is the case in mine.Paying back in a reasonable timeframe only works if you do not continue to wracked up debt like trudOWE has been doing. Pretty soon we will be in the same boat as Greece.
What some people want and what the country needs are not necessarily the same thing.
If too many people believe as you, Canada is in for a very hard time. I guess where I am now would not have happened if we had listened to people like you, Instead we bought our first farm for 25,000 and our second for 50,000 dollars which was mostly all borrowed . It took us 20 years to finally pay it off. It took that long because there was always tractors to buy and silos to erect. We knew little or just about nothing of dairy farming. I had never been near a cow in my life. i stayed on the farms for 20 years after my husband died. Since my children had no interest in farming and i was getting tired of renting it out to others so I sold the land.

What I sold it for was obscene and I got to keep the 175 year old house beside the river.

So, you might try thinking of borrowing money for citizens as an investment. I suspect that not being able/willing to invest to pay for what is necessary, to improve the state of a country's citizens is just plain stupid.

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
If too many people believe as you, Canada is in for a very hard time. I guess where I am now would not have happened if we had listened to people like you, Instead we bought our first farm for 25,000 and our second for 50,000 dollars which was mostly all borrowed . It took us 20 years to finally pay it off. It took that long because there was always tractors to buy and silos to erect. We knew little or just about nothing of dairy farming. I had never been near a cow in my life. i stayed on the farms for 20 years after my husband died. Since my children had no interest in farming and i was getting tired of renting it out to others so I sold the land.

What I sold it for was obscene and I got to keep the 175 year old house beside the river.

So, you might try thinking of borrowing money for citizens as an investment. I suspect that not being able/willing to invest to pay for what is necessary, to improve the state of a country's citizens is just plain stupid.

POOR FOOLISH Bird brained BlueByrdie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She DOES NOT UNDERSTAND....................................

that there is a BIG DIFFERENCE between borrowing to build a subway.......................

so you can move people more efficiently and reduce green house gas emissions....................

and what LIE-berals are DOING NOW................................

meaning LIE-berals are borrowing money.............................

and mortgaging the future of OUR GREAT GRAND CHILDREN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just so LIE-berals can BUY civil service union HOG votes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

The difference between you and the government of Canada , you got a mortgage and worked to pay it off . You didn’t spend your accumulated equity every year . The government of Canada is enlarging our collective mortgage on a daily basis with no plan to pay it down . As a matter of fact we are adding billions with a B every year onto our mortgage . You can explain to your grandchildren why Canada couldn’t or wouldn’t balance its spending leaving them with an impossible tax burden .

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek

Unlike the Libs. you borrowed money with the thought of a return on investment, did you ever borrow a large amount of money to send to a save the world organizations? For a look at me moment? Or to get on a seat on a PTA board? Or a committee seat at the hospital? Or to have a guilt of conscience cleansing?

Last edited: