First Brown face, now Red Faced ROFLOL

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
I am NOT a Trudeau fan. However, at the time, it likely didn't occur to him that it might be considered racist by TODAY'S standard. Years ago, there was no such thing as "cultural appropriation" - there is now; remember the singers back in the 30's who painted their faces black - "Mammy, how I love ya, how I love ya, my dear old mammy". (Can't remember their name(s)) It was considered "entertainment". Now, not appropriate in any way shape or form.

How many of you, when you were younger, dressed up in various identities (e.g. cowboys & Indians) for Halloween that now-a-days would be considered racist or inappropriate by TODAY'S standard?

It doesn't matter how long ago something happened, we need to "pay for it" now; we need to "ruin" peoples lives now even though most of us have evolved and understand that some things weren't so great back then. To me, it's unbelievable that we'd be so critical of things that happened so many years ago. I have done and said things years ago that I regret but it can't be changed - it is what it is. It's what one does now, what experience and learning has helped us grow, how one lives their life now that counts.

The point is that we're all human and make mistakes; make bad decisions and live to regret them. Continuing to make these mistakes and decisions is one thing; making changes and evolving as human beings is what we all need to strive to do.

Having said that, it seems Trudeau hasn't changed (evolved) much at all.

JMHO

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I am NOT a Trudeau fan. However, at the time, it likely didn't occur to him that it might be considered racist by TODAY'S standard. Years ago, there was no such thing as "cultural appropriation" - there is now; remember the singers back in the 30's who painted their faces black - "Mammy, how I love ya, how I love ya, my dear old mammy". (Can't remember their name(s)) It was considered "entertainment". Now, not appropriate in any way shape or form.

How many of you, when you were younger, dressed up in various identities (e.g. cowboys & Indians) for Halloween that now-a-days would be considered racist or inappropriate by TODAY'S standard?

It doesn't matter how long ago something happened, we need to "pay for it" now; we need to "ruin" peoples lives now even though most of us have evolved and understand that some things weren't so great back then. To me, it's unbelievable that we'd be so critical of things that happened so many years ago. I have done and said things years ago that I regret but it can't be changed - it is what it is. It's what one does now, what experience and learning has helped us grow, how one lives their life now that counts.

The point is that we're all human and make mistakes; make bad decisions and live to regret them. Continuing to make these mistakes and decisions is one thing; making changes and evolving as human beings is what we all need to strive to do.

JMHO
I agree with what you are saying , but sadly sometimes the best way to fight fire is with fire. .Presently the liberals are digging up all the dirt and old quotes they can find on any conservative . It is there for open season on liberals as well . And they stated they ( Liberals ) were going to run a clean campaign and immediately started throwing dirt . Tit for tat is fair play in my books .

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
JMHO

I am of the same thought on the subject as well, however 'lil potato's hypocrisy has to be thrown into his face, his 0 tolerance for others while forgiving himself should be regarded as intolerable. Starting back with the arse grab of a reporter in the bar surfaced after he released a couple of sitting MP's for doing the same thing.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons

JMHO
I have to disagree with you here. Black face has been considered "racist" for decades now. At the point in time of that photo, Groper should have known that going black face was straight up racist. By the same token, the left doesn't seem to quite understand what 'cultural appropriation' is in the first place. For example, according to the leftards at the University of Ottawa, practicing yoga is 'cultural appropriation'. By that logic, anyone who eats Chinese food but isn't Chinese is engaging in cultural appropriation.

justfred99

Nominee Member
Aug 2, 2015
North America
I think that Justin has had time to figure out what comes around, goes around. His party has been famous for digging up smut on the opposition and one of the things his party has tried to smear the Conservative party with is a statement made 18 years ago by Mr.Shier. Maybe, just maybe the Liberal supporters will see that the policy of digging up smut has come home to roost. Time will tell if they have learned their lesson on digging up bones. We should hope that Just-in is not relying on the fact that Liberals are special (white) while other political parties are Black, brown, or any other racist colour! Would that policy seem to be racist to some?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I am NOT a Trudeau fan. However, at the time, it likely didn't occur to him that it might be considered racist by TODAY'S standard. Years ago, there was no such thing as "cultural appropriation" - there is now
You want him to have acted like it was 2019 and he was in a political race for leadership of Canada many years before?? That about sum up your simple request?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
He should step down.
A lot more people should step up and deal with shit like SNC and the Government (torture) Hospitals. He has shown he has balls by mentioning it. Everybody with a mouth since that day have shown they have no balls at all by the silence that is deafening. Events that are crimes against humanity (such as Saddam gassing his own people) but all you dicks see this as the all important election issue.

We are truly fuked as a country and a people.
Signed,
Reeve Alluision

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
It is for our country, and yours for the last 10 years, or do you think you still live over there and we should address it for some reason in your imaginary world?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
News pouring in fast can't even keep up to our racist, lying, corrupt, sexual predator PM

Do you have a link ES?

From groping and marginalizing women to his systematic racism... none are allegations.

It is time for the Canadian PM to resign his office.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
If this don't sink Trudeaubama, nothing will. It's all to the good, and the timing's just about perfect.

Which don't mean the tighty whitey righties, pretending to be shocked, shocked, ain't a pack of imbecilic clowns, mind.