Gun Control is Completely Useless.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Just wanted to add that I asked people the same thing about the mentally ill when it comes to the gun debate, and never once received an answer but was either ignored, told off or totally blocked.
To me, that suggests that even gun supporters don't know how to answer the question without breaking their own rules of "guns for everyone allowed".
As it is, fascinating discussion TB.
I'm just trying to lead up to reasonable gun restrictions, whilst generally maintaining the right of the people to keep and bear arms.

As I discuss and explain this, and Colpy and Bondo contribute, I think we're getting past howling slogans at each other, and finding that there's a pretty solid basis for analyzing the issue already.

Pretty soon here I'll make my specific proposals, and I'm trying to set up a way that we can discuss them rationally, without descending into slogan-howling or constructing absurd hypotheticals, like "What if you're attacked by a herd (flock?) of wild velociraptors?"

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I'm just trying to lead up to reasonable gun restrictions, whilst generally maintaining the right of the people to keep and bear arms.
As I discuss and explain this, and Colpy and Bondo contribute, I think we're getting past howling slogans at each other, and finding that there's a pretty solid basis for analyzing the issue already.
Pretty soon here I'll make my specific proposals, and I'm trying to set up a way that we can discuss them rationally, without descending into slogan-howling or constructing absurd hypotheticals, like "What if you're attacked by a herd (flock?) of wild velociraptors?"
Outrun you!

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
A national handgun ban is potentially an election issue, here.
its another mystery, like the plastic ban.

there is massive public support for handgun and assault weapon bans, yet the government continues to drag its feet.

I can't explain why, except that it would be difficult to do and we do not have a tradition of accomplishment in government

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012

How about a post hurricaine scenario? Is it absurd to say that law enforcement officers might be spread a bit too thin, and it may be necessary for someone to have a 72hr supply of beans, bullets, and bandaids?

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
How about a post hurricaine scenario? Is it absurd to say that law enforcement officers might be spread a bit too thin, and it may be necessary for someone to have a 72hr supply of beans, bullets, and bandaids?
You haven't mentioned Zombies, yet.