My escape plan in case Trudeau gets re-elected

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Care to elaborate why it's a dumb idea, it would give citizens more representation in a farce that is now appointed. For a fiscal Conservative you should be in favour of more tools in the toolbox to fight against dictator majorities no?

How would giving 4 million Albertans the same representation as 150,000 Prince Edward Islanders equate to “more representation”?

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
Dumb idea.

TRUE DAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do us all a favour and CUT the number of federal ridings by FORTY PERCENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We ARE OVER GOVERNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Slash political office budgets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Make the elected fence sitting clowns speak......................................

WITHOUT HIDING BEHIND media relations HYPOCRITES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If they face us without all the special mouth pieces...................................

then we get to see who and what they really are............................................

and can judge them ore precisely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

While at the same time we SAVE MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
How would giving 4 million Albertans the same representation as 150,000 Prince Edward Islanders equate to “more representation”?

How can equal representation across the country be a bad thing in the senate? We are not talking MP's which is determined by population. Btw we should have an electorate vote, like a few have said, to spread out the urban vote.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Because westerners would be underrepresented. Seems pretty obvious unless you don't understand math

I guess you have trouble with the same math what was proposed is 2 senators from each province, how would that make the western provinces underrepresented? Wouldn't that mean that each province has the same representation in the senate?

Now run along and go blow your Trumpite

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
No. I said Das’ idea was dumb because it gave unequal representation. You seem to disagree yet can’t make a coherent argument as to why.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
That's pretty unfair. Quebec and Ontario have a far bigger population than all the other provinces and the territories put together, so you're advocating for the status quo. No wonder AB mumbles about separation occasionally.

No, I’m not advocating the status quo. There are lots of different models that fall under the one person/one vote system. Why do you think one person/one vote is unfair and do you suggest your “fair” system should be used everywhere? Should Hilton Beach Ontario get the same number of MPPs as Toronto? If not, why? How do you consider giving 75,000 people in PEI one senator and 2 million Albertans, one senator fair? Seems pretty weighted in an Islander’s favour.

AnnaEmber

Council Member
Aug 31, 2019
Kootenays BC
No, I’m not advocating the status quo. There are lots of different models that fall under the one person/one vote system. Why do you think one person/one vote is unfair and do you suggest your “fair” system should be used everywhere? Should Hilton Beach Ontario get the same number of MPPs as Toronto? If not, why? How do you consider giving 75,000 people in PEI one senator and 2 million Albertans, one senator fair? Seems pretty weighted in an Islander’s favour.
Yeah, you are. As I said most of Canada's voter population is in ON and QC so what the people in those province want is what goes regardless of what westerners want. It's why we've had mostly Liberal governments through history.