ABEXIT - is it time for Alberta to think about leaving Canada?

AnnaEmber

Council Member
Aug 31, 2019
Kootenays BC
https://globalnews.ca/news/4290676/equalization-payments-canada-provinces/

Given that, I can see why some people would want their province to leave Canada if they are a "have" province and are tired of of the "have nots" dragging them backwards. I still don't see it happening, though.
I think the equalization payments are necessary for the good of the whole country but they are not exactly equitable nor do they take into account all the factors, as the article suggests.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Here's an idea. Just get Il Dope to say Alberta is part of the U.S., and his lickspittles will have the army invade and take it over rather than admit Il Dope was wrong.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Here's an idea. Just get Il Dope to say Alberta is part of the U.S., and his lickspittles will have the army invade and take it over rather than admit Il Dope was wrong.
You-all will have to do that if Ted Cruz is elected President because he was born in Calgary.

I wouldn't put that past the Republicans, either.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
No need they would be welcomed with open arms . Aren’t you proud ?

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
We would send the Salvation Army to defeat the few idiots like you :lol:
You're free to move to Ontario, I am sure they would welcome you..
But if you do pick up a gun, I hope I'm the one that puts your sorry ass in the ground...
And now you want to shoot me. That's why you own guns, to shoot people that piss you off, eh?

Now we're getting to the nitty-gritty of gun culture.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
And now you want to shoot me. That's why you own guns, to shoot people that piss you off, eh?
Now we're getting to the nitty-gritty of gun culture.
He isn’t going to shoot anybody. He’s already admitted he’s going to run away to Mexico if Justin is re-elected.