Why is okay for Trudeau To Be A Catholic But For Scheer It Isn't?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
November 3 2011

The 39-year-old son of former Liberal Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau said he was raised Catholic by his father, going to church every weekend and saying prayers nightly as a family.

The elder Trudeau's Catholicism has been well documented in biographies, including one book specifically on his faith. The former prime minister was educated by the Jesuits and admitted to going regularly to church up until the last years of his life.

"I have to say, I'm really surprisingly upset. I didn't think I would be, but I am," Trudeau told The Canadian Press on Tuesday evening.

"For someone to start questioning my own faith and accusing me of being a bad Catholic, is something that I really take issue with. My own personal faith is an extremely important part of who I am and the values that I try to lead with."

Trudeau added that neither he nor his father saw any incongruity between enshrining the rights of gays and lesbians, for example, and the tenets of Catholicism. He notes that he is personally very opposed to abortion, but still believes nobody can tell a woman what she should do with her body.

"My own credo is completely consistent with that, and I'll defend my own faith and my own values to the utmost extent," Trudeau said.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/justin-trudeau-upset-tory-mp-questioned-his-faith-1.1017541

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
during the leadership convention Scheer said any MP would be free to bring forward any bill they felt strongly about.

now Scheer says no anti abortion bill will be allowed through

the people who are mad at him are anti abortion righties who now feel like they were lied to in order to get their vote - which they were

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
November 3 2011
The 39-year-old son of former Liberal Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau said he was raised Catholic by his father, going to church every weekend and saying prayers nightly as a family.
The elder Trudeau's Catholicism has been well documented in biographies, including one book specifically on his faith. The former prime minister was educated by the Jesuits and admitted to going regularly to church up until the last years of his life.
"I have to say, I'm really surprisingly upset. I didn't think I would be, but I am," Trudeau told The Canadian Press on Tuesday evening.
"For someone to start questioning my own faith and accusing me of being a bad Catholic, is something that I really take issue with. My own personal faith is an extremely important part of who I am and the values that I try to lead with."
Trudeau added that neither he nor his father saw any incongruity between enshrining the rights of gays and lesbians, for example, and the tenets of Catholicism. He notes that he is personally very opposed to abortion, but still believes nobody can tell a woman what she should do with her body.
"My own credo is completely consistent with that, and I'll defend my own faith and my own values to the utmost extent," Trudeau said.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/justin-trudeau-upset-tory-mp-questioned-his-faith-1.1017541
Huh, Catholic commies. Or would that be commie Catholics?

As for abortion and Groper's faux feminist views, outside of rape and genuine medical necessity, abortion is an elective procedure. And yet OHIP (for one) still covers elective abortions. I firmly agree that if a woman wants an abortion, that's her prerogative. But here's the thing, when they say "My body, my right", they neglect to understand that your basic human/civil rights aren't supposed to force people to pony up because you and/or the idiot you slept with are morons! This is Canada. Birth control is dirt f*cking cheap and has been forever.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I firmly agree that if a woman wants an abortion, that's her prerogative. But here's the thing, when they say "My body, my right", they neglect to understand that your basic human/civil rights aren't supposed to force people to pony up because you and/or the idiot you slept with are morons!
It's not a Right. Never will be.

It was decriminalized.

Try and have a limb lopped off using "my body, my Right", you'll get 3 days in the loonie bin.

The point of this thread is to highlight blatant Liberal and CBC hypocrisy.

Last edited:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/ca...-andrew-scheer-abortion-lgbt-rights-1.5266068

The Liberals changed the channel by reviving a 2005 video of Scheer speaking out against same-sex marriage. As the Conservatives pointed out at the time, Scheer wasn't alone in his opposition to same-sex marriage at the time; even Ralph Goodale, the Liberal minister who tweeted out the 2005 video, voted to endorse the traditional man-woman version of marriage in 1999.

"My views have evolved," Goodale says today. Have Scheer's views changed?

Scheer was asked that question multiple times last week, in a variety of ways. At no point did he offer a clear answer.

Scheer did say that a Conservative government led by him would not re-open the abortion and same-sex marriage debates, and that while backbench Conservative MPs are free to follow their individual consciences, he would "oppose measures to reopen" these debates and is "confident" the caucus "understands that."

But when it came to Scheer explaining what he actually thinks — personally, even some of his supporters found his words a little wishy-washy.

"On the issue of same-sex marriage, I think what would have helped would have been to hear him say that his own personal views had evolved since 2005, much as (Alberta Premier) Jason Kenney did during the Alberta provincial campaign. He didn't say that," Rachel Curran, former director of policy to Stephen Harper, told me on Power & Politics

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
As for abortion and Groper's faux feminist views, outside of rape and genuine medical necessity, abortion is an elective procedure. And yet OHIP (for one) still covers elective abortions. I firmly agree that if a woman wants an abortion, that's her prerogative. But here's the thing, when they say "My body, my right", they neglect to understand that your basic human/civil rights aren't supposed to force people to pony up because you and/or the idiot you slept with are morons! This is Canada. Birth control is dirt f*cking cheap and has been forever.

I agree her choice and her choice alone, not the taxpayers problem, choices have consequences

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
It's not a Right. Never will be.
It was decriminalized.
Try and have a limb lopped off using "my body, my Right", you'll get 3 days in the loonie bin.
The point of this thread is to highlight blatant Liberal and CBC hypocrisy.
Decriminalized my ass. OHIP pays for elective abortions. That's beyond decriminalization. Yet my step-son has a sizable (non-cancerous) growth on his face that keeps getting bigger. OHIP won't cover it's removal because it's "cosmetic" ie; elective surgery. If it keeps on growing he's going to lose his right eye. But it's still an elective procedure and OHIP doesn't cover elective procedures unless you want to murder the unborn life inside of you because you had an "ooopsie" one night after last call at the bar.

Funny how all the pro-abortion gits out there were allowed to be born. Funny too how the leftists insist they speak for those who can't speak for themselves (which is a blatant lie as they'll presume to speak for anyone if they think it'll further their agenda) and yet would prefer to kill one group that clearly cannot speak for themselves.
20 years ago I said it was going to be pretty funny watching the leftist ideals collide with themselves. I was wrong. It's not funny at all.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
a broken leg is also an elective procedure

does ohip pay for those?

why should the taxpayer have to pay to have broken legs?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
It's not a Right. Nobody is obliged to perform an abortion.

OHIP is Provincial, take it up with your MPP.

Rent a shit house in butt f-ck nowhere for 3 months in a Province that does cover it and go get it done. It's all paperwork.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
That one is a slippery slope carewise. SHould people that do stupid things like break a leg skiing have to pay their hospital bills as well? After all there is zero need to go skiing.

Last edited: