Tesla to cut thousands of jobs as Elon Musk warns the ‘road ahead is very difficult’

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
electric and alternative vehicles represent growth, which is what stock markets are looking for.

Tesla sold more vehicles in the first quarter of 2018 than they did in all of 2017.

367% yoy growth.

legacy vehicles face only declining sales and the oil industry faces only declining profits.

the big term now in oil and gas is stranded assets.

stranded assets are what will be in the ground in Fort Mac long after oil is finished as fuel source.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
electric and alternative vehicles represent growth, which is what stock markets are looking for.

Tesla sold more vehicles in the first quarter of 2018 than they did in all of 2017.

In my neck of the woods, little Suzy sold 8X more lemonade on the side of the street this summer than last summer.

Interestingly enough, she made more $$ than Tesla at $0.25 per dixie cup.

... The profit comparison kinda puts things into perspective, eh?

stranded assets are what will be in the ground in Fort Mac long after oil is finished as fuel source.

You heard a term that you clearly don't understand.

Stranded for some are accessible for others.

I'm more than happy that foreign O&G companies are selling off at a steep discount.... Helluva good opportunity for guys like me

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
367% yoy growth.
legacy vehicles face only declining sales and the oil industry faces only declining profits.
Still need oil to make plastic cars.

The Ford/VW/Rivian partnership is gonna crush Tesla.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
367% yoy growth.
DiD Tesla deliver any of those vehicles yet?
THe stranded oil problem will be cured in October.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I think that ultimately Hydrogen fuel cells will be the future of automotive. Especially when governments quit giving away money for electric toys.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
but you were talking revenue

Tesla's revenue is $20 billion or so. Probably more.

and you have never worked for a construction company that big

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
but you were talking revenue
Tesla's revenue is $20 billion or so. Probably more.
and you have never worked for a construction company that big
Fukk you are stupid. 20 billion is not that much money anymore. I know compared to your welfare cheque it looks big but it ain't.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Fukk you are stupid. 20 billion is not that much money anymore. I know compared to your welfare cheque it looks big but it ain't.
List all the construction companies you have worked for with more than $20 billion in revenue.

Don't leave any out