Gun Control is Completely Useless.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
thousands of golfcarts.
in East Oakville?

There are 18 golf courses in and around Oakville, including the one that the Canadian Open is played on but none of them are in this end of town. Teslas are more common here than Chevs. That is literally true.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
in East Oakville?

There are 18 golf courses in and around Oakville, including the one that the Canadian Open is played on but none of them are in this end of town. Teslas are more common here than Chevs. That is literally true.
I bet those Tesla owners all have second and third vehicles for when the Tesla won’t do .

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I bet those Tesla owners all have second and third vehicles for when the Tesla won’t do .
I can't say but you're hard pressed to find single vehicle housholds around here. We are a relatively humble family surrounded by multimillionaires and we have three. Anyway, short range, urban use on flat terrain is quite different from what you would deal with, pigs. Teslas are VERY popular, here.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I can't say but you're hard pressed to find single vehicle housholds around here. We are a relatively humble family surrounded by multimillionaires and we have three. Anyway, short range, urban use on flat terrain is quite different from what you would deal with, pigs. Teslas are VERY popular, here.

Still being a jerk I see! And being pretty disloyal! Ontario is the auto manufacturing centre of Canada and a loyal person should support his province. G.M., Ford, or Chrysler should be the ONLY vehicles sold there. Kick the f**king foreigners back to where they came from. TRUMP has the right idea!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
in East Oakville?

Sounds like that burg is inhabited by a bunch of Assholes, that should be deported to Italy!

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Still being a jerk I see! And being pretty disloyal! Ontario is the auto manufacturing centre of Canada and a loyal person should support his province. G.M., Ford, or Chrysler should be the ONLY vehicles sold there. Kick the f**king foreigners back to where they came from. TRUMP has the right idea!
the Ford plant here is literally right across the road from the exotic car leasing lot. I live three kilometers from the Ford assembly line.

Two of our three cars are Fords, although the other Japanese one is by far the more reliable, better built, better designed, better engineered, more efficient, nicer driving and less expensive one.

BTW, Tesla is an American brand assembled in America ... just thought that you should know.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
the Ford plant here is literally right across the road from the exotic car leasing lot. I live three kilometers from the Ford assembly line.

Two of our three cars are Fords, although the other Japanese one is by far the more reliable, better built, better designed, better engineered, more efficient, nicer driving and less expensive one.

BTW, Tesla is an American brand assembled in America ... just thought that you should know.

Yep, Japanese cars certainly aren't the pieces of shit they were years ago. Thinking back to when my sister drove a '74 Mazda. The best thing about it was the paint job - Lemon yellow!

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Yep, Japanese cars certainly aren't the pieces of shit they were years ago. Thinking back to when my sister drove a '74 Mazda. The best thing about it was the paint job - Lemon yellow!
The early ones rusted out fast. The Japanese studiied the problems, did oodles of research in North America and came back with a superior product. The North American manufacturers arrogantly did diddly-nothing and now the whole planet has passed them by.

To this very day, no North American marque has figured out how to make a four cylinder engine that isn't a lump of scrap, so they still buy the technology from overseas (mainly Japan).

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
The early ones rusted out fast. The Japanese studiied the problems, did oodles of research in North America and came back with a superior product. The North American manufacturers arrogantly did diddly-nothing and now the whole planet has passed them by.

To this very day, no North American marque has figured out how to make a four cylinder engine that isn't a lump of scrap, so they still buy the technology from overseas (mainly Japan).

You got that right...………………...especially the pickups!

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
they were not originally gpdesigned for what you guys use them for. They were meant for close combat on battlefields ... only .... exclusively.
Whatever modern use you have applied your handguns to in modern times were likely never considered by the designers.
Really? It's easier to use a rifle to protect yourself from wild beasts than a pistol? Why do guys on "bear watch" pack side arms? To kill people?

Now I wait for your stupid comnent where you tell me bear watch isn't a real job or should I just post what you don't want to see?

Hmmmmm

Last edited:

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Really? It's easier to use a rifle to protect yourself from wild beast with a rifle than a pistol? Why do guys on "bear watch" pack side arms? To kill people?
The question was specifically about hand guns and semi/auto "Assault" type rifles, never about Grand Dad's ole 30-06.

Do YOU think that the Austrian engineers who designed the Glock for the Austrian Army were using "Enforcement, Justice and Wild Bear Attacks" as their primary design criteria?

Think hard, now. The Austrians are a very practical people.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Bullshit.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
The question was specifically about hand guns and semi/auto "Assault" type rifles, never about Grand Dad's ole 30-06.
Do YOU think that the Austrian engineers who designed the Glock for the Austrian Army were using "Enforcement, Justice and Wild Bear Attacks" as their primary design criteria?
Think hard, now. The Austrians are a very practical people.
Backcountry Wildlife Monitoring will be accepting employment applications for monitors starting May 15.
Before that we will be taking applications from workers who are interested in taking the Wildlife Monitoring course.

Course Date is set for April 25-27, 2019 in Prince George and then again in Prince George on April 29-May 1, 2019.

Industry has mandated that workers in remote areas have training in case of potential wildlife encounters. Whether you are a professional who will be using your skills in remote areas or you want to be a designated Wildlife Monitor, this course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to keep you and your team safe.

In this course you will learn:

How to conduct safety orientations
Characteristics and classifications of dangerous wildlife
How to complete hazard analysis
Emergency planning
Escalation of procedures when confronted with a dangerous wildlife encounter
Applicable regulation and legislation
Note: Upon completion of this course, participants may enroll in an optional one-day Firearms Range Training Course. This optional course will be an additional cost and registration information will be provided to you via email once you have signed up for Wildlife Monitoring.

For more details about the course – download the pdf.

The course cost is currently set to $995.00. The optional one day Firearms Range Training is an additional fee.

Last edited:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
It was safe to travel in Nor Am without a firearm in the 1800s? Pistols were harder to handle than a rifle when you have only seconds to protect yourself?