Trade WAR??!!

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
maybe white nutty living on unceded land doesn't pay attention.

HAVING A TRADE WAR IS GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If they were not trading insults...........................................

then they would be trading MISSILES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let them keep on spitting insults!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As Trump has proven with the LIE-berals............................................

HIS INSULTS are much more potent and colourful than those produced..........................................

by enemies of the West!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Trump is many things and stupid is one of them.
You look up to him don't you?
;)
I mean you dimwit racist losers always do secretly want to be teabagged by winners.

Last edited:

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017

POOR STUPID Nut Zone Doug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He does not notice that China has over one billion hungry people to feed........................................

while United States has 330 million people .................
who could ALL AFFORD to go on a diet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yankees can hold out MUCH LONGER..................................

than the Beijing Butchers that Nut Zone Doug........................

calls MASTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just like the whipped Commie slave he is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Silver will follow shortly as gold prices itself out of the common mans bubble...
:)
I doubt there is much downside risk at this point.
It already has right in step with gold.

Good thing we have lots n lots of gold still sitting in rock waiting quietly.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Trump accuses China of 'currency manipulation' as trade war escalates

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/05/poli...e-war/index.html?cid=web-alerts&nsid=40108818

The Chinese hold trillions in T-Bills and hard USDs.

... What did Trump expect would happen?

Barack knew it was coming

So, they did it again huh? You people missed the first four times? Here was the last in 2015. BTW check the price of gold in CAD.

On August 11, 2015, the People's Bank of China (PBOC) surprised markets with three consecutive devaluations of the yuan renminbi or yuan (CNY), knocking over 3% off its value.
https://www.investopedia.com

The Impact of China Devaluing the Yuan - Investopedia

Latest - China's central bank denies it's devaluing country's currency to counter tariffs
Yun Li | @YunLi626

Published 8:29 AM ET Mon, 5 Aug 2019 Updated 22 Hours Ago
CNBC.com

Did they or didn't they?

China is also quietly buying up gold bullion as is Russia and Saudi Arabia

Trump says he will raise tariffs on Chinese goods in latest escalation of trade war

President Trump��s announcement on Twitter came after a busy day in the U.S.-China trade war, with China announcing new tariffs against the United States and Trump demanding that American companies stop doing business with China.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...al_news__alert-economy--alert-national&wpmk=1

Trump is playing a dangerous game of chicken in risking the economy of teh USA and increasing the cost of living for the average American.

Cutting off your nose to spite your face is a horrible way to go

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
I have to laugh at the concept of China being under pressure because of economics.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I have to laugh at the concept of China being under pressure because of economics.
If you owe someone a bit of money and you don't pay it back, you have a problem.

If you owe someone a fortune and you don't pay it back, they have a big, big problem.

The amount of American debt held by foreigners is staggering and the Chinese bought a huge amount of it based, I guess, and the US's stability.

That was then. I'm sure that China has re-assessed the quality of their American holdings over the last four years.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
china is an authoritarian state

they could care less how much their people might suffer

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
china is an authoritarian state
they could care less how much their people might suffer
If suddenly. Middle Class consumer Chinese suddenly find themselves back in their villages as poor peasants, again, they may pull the edifice down but I doubt it. China has had a slave culture since the early Bronze Age and it is a normal, natural state of affairs for that culture

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Well, if the record is anything to go by, he expected them to immediately accede to all his demands and praise his wisdom and courage.

had a good chuckle on that one... Wasn't quite expecting that

If you owe someone a bit of money and you don't pay it back, you have a problem.

If you owe someone a fortune and you don't pay it back, they have a big, big problem.

The amount of American debt held by foreigners is staggering and the Chinese bought a huge amount of it based, I guess, and the US's stability.

That was then. I'm sure that China has re-assessed the quality of their American holdings over the last four years.

In this case, China has the ability to manipulate the US currency somewhat in concert with manipulating their currency to have a specific effect.

In terms of not paying back debt, with respect to T-Bills, it has been observed that China has used the T-Bills as collateral for loans used to purchase hard assets.

Smart folk

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
had a good chuckle on that one... Wasn't quite expecting that

In this case, China has the ability to manipulate the US currency somewhat in concert with manipulating their currency to have a specific effect.

In terms of not paying back debt, with respect to T-Bills, it has been observed that China has used the T-Bills as collateral for loans used to purchase hard assets.

Smart folk
smart folks indeed. They play chess while the US plays checkers

No contest.

They have long term planning......while the US is instant gratification oriented.

no contest.

BUT the US has Nukes......has used them and would a gain.

Last edited:

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005

Trump says he regrets China trade dispute after recent escalations and severe economic penalties

President Trump, when asked by a reporter at the G-7 summit in France if he was having any second thoughts, responded ��Yeah, sure, why not. Might as well. Might as well. I have second thoughts about everything.��
In recent days, China slapped new tariffs on U.S. goods, and Trump responded by jacking up tariff rates on more than $500 billion in Chinese goods. The actions have rattled investors and stoked fears that a prolonged standoff could lead to a global recession.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...c=al_news__alert-world--alert-national&wpmk=1

He only has himself to blame......and might say the opposite tomorrow. No credibility.