Gun Control is Completely Useless.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I think I was fairly good, I'd hesitate to say expert. My cousin bless his soul possibly was. My expertise was only in one aspect of it and with the advances in technology, I'd probably fail miserable today.
My brother spent a summer or two and many quarts of blood surveying a new route "up the mountain" for the main line of the CPR when they flooded a portion of the Columbia River. He lived in a portable in a place called Donald Station and returned to the world with one leg longer than the other and new respect for mosquitos the size of pterodactyls.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
My brother spent a summer or two and many quarts of blood surveying a new route "up the mountain" for the main line of the CPR when they flooded a portion of the Columbia River. He lived in a portable in a place called Donald Station and returned to the world with one leg longer than the other and new respect for mosquitos the size of pterodactyls.

I'm vaguely familiar with it, Donald Station is 20 miles north of Golden, the terrain is steep and the bugs are bad.

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
How do they achieve that "Enforcement and Security"? What aspect of a Glock creates those bi-products?
Where are you going with this? You don't believe that a gun is a peace keeping tool for law enforcement? If so, I suggest you move to London, they use billy clubs there.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Where are you going with this? You don't believe that a gun is a peace keeping tool for law enforcement? If so, I suggest you move to London, they use billy clubs there.
Austrian engineers are meeting daily, discussing the concept of a new, light weight product made out of polymers.

What characteristics should it have? What should it be capable of doing? Do you think they said

"It needs to serve and protect. We need to make a product to bring Enforcement and Security to the world"

"Hans? Ve're going to make a polymer satellite?"

Nein, nein.

That's not how it works. That's not what it does. The Austrian engineers (contracted for the Austrian Army) likely never even thought of your design criteria ... not likely for a single second, would they have.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Even better to be from.
Is one of your legs longer than the other?

Do your lungs oxygenate your blood faster than the rest of ours?

No you suddenly sit up straight in your sleep when a 150 car unit train roars through town?

Do you wait for ionospheric radio skip at night to hear cowboy music from Texas?

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
Austrian engineers are meeting daily, discussing the concept of a new, light weight product made out of polymers.
What characteristics should it have? What should it be capable of doing? Do you think they said
"It needs to serve and protect. We need to make a product to bring Enforcement and Security to the world"
"Hans? Ve're going to make a polymer satellite?"
Nein, nein.
That's not how it works. That's not what it does. The Austrian engineers (contracted for the Austrian Army) likely never even thought of your design criteria ... not likely for a single second, would they have.

This is just an example of you trying to move the goal posts again. You have said "designed to kill" and I said "designed to serve and protect".

"kill" "serve" and "protect" are all action words so suck it.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
This is just an example of you trying to move the goal posts again. You have said "designed to kill" and I said "designed to serve and protect".
"kill" "serve" and "protect" are all action words so suck it.
What is the primary design criterion of a pistol?

It's a really simple question with a really simple, truthful answer and "for truth, justice and the American way" is not an answer.

What is the primary design criterion of an automobile? (hint: it is different).

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
That is not the reason to design one. That describes a part of the mechanism.
You do not design automobiles to contain expanding gasses.

I think you don't have a big picture view on this. Both inventions stem from the science of fire. Almost everything does. Forged steal knives? yep, fire.