It's Climate Change I tell'ya!! IT'S CLIMATE CHANGE!!

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Trends in climate are measured in aeons and millenia.... Observations made during our lives, while interesting, really don't amount to that much considering that our lifetime is less than a fraction of a blink of a nanosecond in the relative time of the Earth and its systems

NZDoug

Council Member
Jul 18, 2017
Big Bay, Awhitu, New Zealand
Seeing is believing in my life time, as its all I got to go on.
Maybe we are all in the same bad dream.
Everyone thinks there era was the golden one, I'm glad I was born when the world wasn't trashed.

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
I remember Hurricane Hazel,in the 50s but I don't remember Toronto Islands and the Beaches constantly flooding annually.
Boiling frog syndrome.
No slur on Le Quebecois.

RED CHINESE JACKASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Storms in the 1850,s CHOPPED UP the Toronto PENINSULA ...............................

INTO THE TORONTO ISLANDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Subequent construction of breakwaters.......................................

and alterations to both....................................................

Humber and Don River Channels...........................

plus construction of the Island Airport with its concrete buttressed shoreline,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

ALL CONSPIRE to make sure that the erosion and water levels of today..........................................

DO NOT have the same effect and influence from 100 years ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is worth pointing out that the ENTIRE........................

lake shoreline has been SO ALTERED.......................

that Fort York.....................

which used to stand on the BEACH.......................

is now over a MILE INLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister

The continental plates are in perpetual movement.. Although it is continually in motion, we will never 'see' it, but it doesn't mean it isn't happening.

Are you saying that all people on the planet are exposed to hoid or curious cdn?

Egads!.... The humanity!!!

Everyone thinks there era was the golden one, I'm glad I was born when the world wasn't trashed.

No doubt and to add, each generation says something to the effect that of the world being more pristine during their tenure... Kinda human nature I guess

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
I remember Hurricane Hazel,in the 50s but I don't remember Toronto Islands and the Beaches constantly flooding annually.
Boiling frog syndrome.
No slur on Le Quebecois.
It all depends on how much snowfall we have in the central Ontario snow belt and how fast the spring melt down is.
Also how good the operators are at controlling the water flow at the various dams along the waterways..

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017

SOVIET STOOGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The existence of people like YOU.....................................................

trashed the place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
Yes please explain why you are ?

HemerHOID is a LIE-beral.....................................

LIE-berals PROFIT from having political power.......................................

whether it be DIRECT PROFIT from being employed as a politician.............................

or indirect profit from working in an industry............................................

that is heavily patronized by LIE-berals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Follow the money trail.......................................

from taxes collected from ordinary people............................................

over to where the money ends up..............................................

far too often!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAY TO MUCH GRAVY IS GRABBED................................

one way or another by LIE-berals and their pals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Find out where hemerHOID gets most of or all of............................................

his income................................

and you will find his pockets STUFFED with Gravy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
And it still isn’t. If you remember hurricane Hazel , you must rem ember hurricane Freda . Why is the air quality in the lower mainland of B.C. better know than it was back then ? The population has doubled since .

NZDoug

Council Member
Jul 18, 2017
Big Bay, Awhitu, New Zealand
And it still isn’t. If you remember hurricane Hazel , you must rem ember hurricane Freda . Why is the air quality in the lower mainland of B.C. better know than it was back then ? The population has doubled since .
I would be 16 so I dont remember Freda.
I just remember my motorcycle.
I gave Freda a google.
I just remember walking home from Holy Name School down Carlaw Ave where I lived in Trawna.
The "Royal bumps" when tobogganing on the hill at lower Withrow Park, looked like Niagara Falls, not good!
I would be 8.
I have been in NZ for 33 years and it gas warmed up a degree or so which is XLNT, for some, some others, not so much.
I lived in Rio in 74-75 and the citizens were proud of their pollution as it showed they were " Big league".
Even back then, people would shut their VW bugs off at the lights to save gas.
Its hard to believe that people don't get it.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
The Little Ice Age began in Europe with no obvious trigger, but it was certainly reinforced and extended by more violent than usual volcanic activity in the tropics between 1808 and 1835. Mt Tambora in what is now Indonesia put so much ash into the stratosphere to screen sunlight and drop temperatures that 1816 became known as the Year without a Summer.
But there were also four other eruptions. Between 1820 and 1850, Alpine glaciers — now in alarming retreat — actually advanced. African and Indian monsoon systems weakened, and rain that should have fallen on hot soils dropped as more snow over Europe.
“Given the large climatic changes seen in the early 19th century, it is difficult to define a pre-industrial climate, a notion to which all our climate targets refer,” said Professor Brönnimann. “Frequent volcanic eruptions caused an actual gear shift in the global climate system.”
Bullshit. It started cooling in 1500.

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
I would be 16 so I dont remember Freda.
I just remember my motorcycle.
I gave Freda a google.
I just remember walking home from Holy Name School down Carlaw Ave where I lived in Trawna.
The "Royal bumps" when tobogganing on the hill at lower Withrow Park, looked like Niagara Falls, not good!
I would be 8.
I have been in NZ for 33 years and it gas warmed up a degree or so which is XLNT, for some, some others, not so much.
I lived in Rio in 74-75 and the citizens were proud of their pollution as it showed they were " Big league".
Even back then, people would shut their VW bugs off at the lights to save gas.
Its hard to believe that people don't get it.

Gosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe there IS something to fear.......................................

in all that LIE-beral climate change CRAP???????????????????????????

Look how CRAZY the climate has made Nut Zone Doug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or maybe we should just blame the old habit of turning Cdn kids loose.............................

with a toboggan and no helmet......................................

on a LARGE ICY hill?????????????????????????

There is bound to be a few head bumps................................

resulting in Nut Zone style thinking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My money is betting on Nut Zone Doug having bumped his

head long ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A hit in the head would explain a LOT.........................

about Nut Zone Doug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Winter to feature 'Polar Coaster' mix of frigid temperatures, snow: Farmers' Almanac

Enjoy the last days of summer, because a wild ride apparently is in store this winter.
The Farmers’ Almanac is predicting that "bitterly cold winter conditions" will be in place from areas east of the Rockies all the way to the Appalachians, with the coldest outbreak of the season arriving during the final week of January and lasting through the beginning of February.
“Our extended forecast is calling for yet another freezing, frigid, and frosty winter for two-thirds of the country,” editor Peter Geiger said in a statement on the company's website.
TROPICAL STORM DORIAN'S PATH: WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
The Farmer's Almanac said that this upcoming winter will be "filled with so many ups and downs on the thermometer, it may remind you of a 'Polar Coaster.'"
Included in this year's outlook is the prediction of free-falling, frigid temperatures from the northern Plains into the Great Lakes. The big cities in the Northeast are may also experience colder-than-normal temperatures for much of the upcoming winter.
"Only the western third of the country will see near-normal winter temperatures, which means fewer shivers for them," the publication notes.
Besides the chilly temperatures, the eastern third of the country is expected to see above-normal winter precipitation.
"With colder-than-normal temperatures in the Northeast and above-normal precipitation expected, our outlook forewarns of not only a good amount of snow, but also a wintry mix of rain, sleet — especially along the coast," according to the Farmers Almanac.
The publication claims that 2020 will get off to a busy start in the eastern half of the country as "copious amounts" of snow, rain, sleet and ice may fall in the time frame between Jan. 4 - Jan. 7 and Jan. 12- Jan. 15, along with "strong and gusty winds."
STRONG WINDS IN COLORADO SEND DOZENS OF MATTRESSES FLYING ACROSS FIELD, VIDEO SHOWS
"And for those who live northeast of the Texas Panhandle to the western Great Lakes, watch out for what could prove to be a memorable storm producing hefty snows for the Great Plains during the third week of January," the publication notes.
In other parts of the country, the winter may not be as wild.
The Pacific Northwest and Southwest are expected to be chilly but see near-normal precipitation.
That active winter will, according to the publication, cause a slow start to spring as winter lingers across the Midwest, Great Lakes, Northeast, and New England.
The Farmers’ Almanac says it bases its long-range forecast "on a mathematical and astronomical formula developed in 1818."