Gun Control is Completely Useless.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
The M16 variant known as the M4 is simply the best military rifle in active service today. They have "foisted it" on nobody.
Are you trying to tell me you served in the military?
God help us, we're in deep trouble.
And, btw, nobody in NATO was buying 7.62s from the USA is NOT what you said, or even implied.
Being on the Military doesn't necessarily mean that one isa knowlegable firearms expert. I was a friggin engine mechanic on big and small ships, not Carlos, the Jackel.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
I believe the consensus is the all the AK is the all time best military weapon.

But hey, that's just everybody. What do they know?

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Being on the Military doesn't necessarily mean that one isa knowlegable firearms expert. I was a friggin engine mechanic on big and small ships, not Carlos, the Jackel.

Then perhaps he should STFU on the aspects he doesn't understand.

BTW, I wasn't criticizing him for his service, I was bemoaning the fact the military accepted a whiny, ludicrous troll like him.

Some people are too stupid to even be cannon fodder.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Never bring a handbag to a gunfight huh?

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Then perhaps he should STFU on the aspects he doesn't understand.
BTW, I wasn't criticizing him for his service, I was bemoaning the fact the military accepted a whiny, ludicrous troll like him.
Some people are too stupid to even be cannon fodder.
Well, of you don't like it. Fukc off and post somewhere else. We all have a right to our opinions.

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
I have a vague memory that ours were made by Canadian Arsenals.

I may be confusing it with something else (The 3in-50 shells on our destroyer definitely were).

THE VERY LAST CDN ARSENAL making...........................................

military pattern ammunition.....................................

had been making mortar rounds in Quebec.......................................

UNTIL Mulroney closed the place as a cost saving measure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It isnt just LIE-berals that sneer at the military....................................

RED TORY Jerkoffs dont like the military either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Lol
THE VERY LAST CDN ARSENAL making...........................................

military pattern ammunition.....................................

had been making mortar rounds in Quebec.......................................

UNTIL Mulroney closed the place as a cost saving measure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It isnt just LIE-berals that sneer at the military....................................

RED TORY Jerkoffs dont like the military either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

... and now we get it all from the Long March Roman Candle and Ordinance Factory in Hunan.

Last edited:

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Well now they just make the mortar rounds out of real mortar.
:)
great shelf life.

Haha, a Weener and a Mortar joke...I just had to.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Gun-control advocates call for Quebec to crack down on people who don’t register firearms

By Raquel Fletcher Quebec City Correspondent Global News

WATCH: Less than half the guns in Quebec have been registered for the firearms registry. On Tuesday, the province heard why gun owners are still boycotting it. Global's Raquel Fletcher explains.

A A

The Quebec government wants to make it easier for gun owners to register their long guns since so far less than half of the firearms in the province have been registered.

The province heard on Tuesday why making concessions may not be enough to break the boycott against the firearms registry.

“It’s no secret there is an unwillingness among hunters to register their firearms,” Public Security Minister Geneviève Guilbault said during public hearings while addressing Quebec’s hunters and anglers federation, the Fédération québécoise des chasseurs et pêcheurs.

The numbers tell the story: only 700,000 out of 1.6 million firearms have been registered since the deadline passed last January.

The National Assembly is studying this week Bill 25, which aims to make registration simpler, in hopes more people will comply with the registry.

The Quebec hunters and anglers federation said it already encourages its members to comply, but said many of them think the registry is bureaucratic and a waste of money. There is also currently a backlog: 150,000 people are still waiting for their applications to be processed.

“The registry is not working now so that’s why we want the government to get rid of it,” said Alain Cossette, the federation’s director general.

Another person to testify before the committee said the government has forgotten Quebec’s northern communities.

“The Cree, Inuit and Naskapi have already stated that they are in favour of a registry in the interest of public security,” said Miles Smart, executive secretary of Hunting, Fishing and Trapping Co-ordinating Committee.

“It would take an adapted program because you have hunters who might not speak French or English or have access to a computer for an online application program.”

However, long-time proponents of Quebec’s long-gun registry said the real problem is the government’s weak enforcement.

“We think the government needs to put a bit of teeth behind the law. I mean, there have been zero fines and yet thousands of gun owners are deliberately not respecting a public safety law,” Heidi Rathjen, spokesperson for PolySeSouvient, a gun-control advocacy group.

Members of the Islamic Cultural Centre of Quebec City — where six people were gunned down in January 2017 — also want to see the government crack down on firearms.

“The law calls for penalties, we’re asking the minister to apply the law,” said president Boufeldja Benabdallah.

https://globalnews.ca/news/5790090/quebec-gun-control-bill-25/

FAIL

Not quick learners, these Quebecois folks.