Gun Control is Completely Useless.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
I like the 5.56 x 45. It takes advantage of the subtle military fact that f*cking up a guy is better than killing him, because you occupy two of his buddies in dragging him off the battlefield.

Yeah, in the current form, I like it too.

But it was a disaster at first, and does not have the "reach" of that Brit .280.

And the Brit rifle was decades ahead of its time.

Not that I have a problem with the 7.62 x 51 (.308 Winchester). I own four rifles chambered in that cartridge.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
I like the 5.56 x 45. It takes advantage of the subtle military fact that f*cking up a guy is better than killing him, because you occupy two of his buddies in dragging him off the battlefield.
Canada bought their 7.62 from Belgium.

You simply do not know your history

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid
Canada bought their 7.62 from Belgium.
You simply do not know your history​
You know, you should really STFU when you don't have a clue about the subject.

1. We are not talking about Canada, but the UK, the USA, and NATO.

2. We are not talking about where Canada bought the Nato-adopted 7.62 x 51 rifles, but about NATO standardization on the 7.62 x 51 cartridge .

3. I own an FN FAL, I sure as hell don't need you to tell me where the design originated.

4. Lastly, and most importantly, Canadian FN FAL rifles were built in the UK.

You know nothing about either history or firearms.

STFU.

No wonder you're on ignore.

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
I also realize that the Colt 1911 was far from the first automatic. The first was the Schönberger-Laumann in 1892, but even the Luger is older than the 1911, first produced in 1898.

But I know for damn sure that 2019-1892 does not = 200 by a long chalk.

Luger is pre-dated by Borchardt....................................

billed as the first commercially viable self loading semi automatic pistol........................................

it was an odd looking thing.....................................

with the magazine mounted separately ahead of the pistol grip...........................

making for a rather long and heavy weapon.................................

that was mechanically reliable at least.

Boerchardt was refined into Luger- by setting the magazine into the pistol grip.............................

thus reducing the size and weight of the weapon.

Thus endith the lesson.................................................

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
You know, you should really STFU when you don't have a clue about the subject.

1. We are not talking about Canada, but the UK, the USA, and NATO.

2. We are not talking about where Canada bought the Nato-adopted 7.62 x 51 rifles, but about NATO standardization on the 7.62 x 51 cartridge .

3. I own an FN FAL, I sure as hell don't need you to tell me where the design originated.

4. Lastly, and most importantly, Canadian FN FAL rifles were built in the UK.

You know nothing about either history or firearms.

STFU.

No wonder you're on ignore.
Lol

We bought our weapons from Belgium instead of the USA.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Lol

We bought our weapons from Belgium instead of the USA.

In reality, we purchased the license to manufacture from the UK, as they had the rights to the "inch pattern" FN FAL, and we manufactured them here.

The basic rifle design was done in Belgium.......... that's it. Other than that, they had nothing whatsoever to do with the Canadian acquisition of the weapon.

Like I said, Dimwit, STFU about things you know nothing about.

Which includes just about everything.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L1A1_Self-Loading_Rifle

I did make one error....my original post should have read 4. Lastly, and most importantly, Canadian FN FAL rifles were licensed from the UK L1A1 design, and built in Canada.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
You need to be angrier

Also smarter.

As I said originally, nobody in NATO was buying 7.62s from the USA - therefore they went to the M16 and have tried to foist that on everyone

You might know this if you had ever served in the military

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
You need to be angrier

Also smarter.

As I said originally, nobody in NATO was buying 7.62s from the USA - therefore they went to the M16 and have tried to foist that on everyone

You might know this if you had ever served in the military

The M16 variant known as the M4 is simply the best military rifle in active service today. They have "foisted it" on nobody.

Are you trying to tell me you served in the military?

God help us, we're in deep trouble.

And, btw, nobody in NATO was buying 7.62s from the USA is NOT what you said, or even implied.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Correct.
But Belgian FNs are somewhat different from the L1A1 "inch pattern" FNs, and Canada opted for the British version.
I have a vague memory that ours were made by Canadian Arsenals.

I may be confusing it with something else (The 3in-50 shells on our destroyer definitely were).

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
The M-16 was the result of a design competition between Ruger and Armalite in 1957. The Ruger M-14, which was 7.62 x 51mm, lost out to the Armalite M-16, which was then produced by Colt.

I'm sure there's some alternate universe where Hoid is making some sense.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
I only make sense to people who don't knock back a few cold ones with Buzz Aldrin

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
In reality, we purchased the license to manufacture from the UK, as they had the rights to the "inch pattern" FN FAL, and we manufactured them here.

The basic rifle design was done in Belgium.......... that's it. Other than that, they had nothing whatsoever to do with the Canadian acquisition of the weapon.

Like I said, Dimwit, STFU about things you know nothing about.

Which includes just about everything.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L1A1_Self-Loading_Rifle

I did make one error....my original post should have read 4. Lastly, and most importantly, Canadian FN FAL rifles were licensed from the UK L1A1 design, and built in Canada.

Oh Colpy................................

here is a little bit of advice....................................

DONT GO for the hemerHOID INSULT BAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Focus instead and comment strongly on.........................................

the LIE-beral gun control LIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HemerHOID and his LIE-beral overlords would MUCH PREFER..............................

that you discuss the history of Belgian Fn rifles.......................................

rather than make telling comments on the SHAMELESS LIE-beral legal system!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It will hurt hemerHOID MUCH MORE...................................

to see his LIE-beral pals get the public chastisement they richly deserve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here are some comments picked up from a Rebel Media youtube video!

By Faith Goldy: Special gun rights for Muslims?

Published on Youtube April 21, 2017.

Goldy is a gun owner and was in the process of renewing her gun licence when she spotted an odd paragraph about photographs and religious exemptions!

On camera- she then telephoned RCMP and explained to them she was a FULLY VEILED WOMAN - she went on to explain she wore a NIQAB and was prevented by religious edict from showing her face!

Goldy and the Licensing Officer then discussed the relevant paragraphs of the gvot legislation that EXEMPTS SOME PEOPLE from supplying the photo ID that NORMAL PEOPLE MUST SUPPLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To sum up- in order to get a gun licence - FOR EITHER A LONG GUN -meaning shotgun or rifle- or get a licence for RESTRICTED WEAPONS - WITHOUT SUBMITTING A PHOTO - one only has to submit an attestation from an IMAM to dispense with photo ID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As Goldy points out - this is a HUGE LOOPHOLE in the law!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I note that ONE MUSLIM could complete the fire arm training and then make MULTIPLE gun license applications since NOBODY KNOWS WHO is under the NIQAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The absolute NEED - for security purposes- to DEMAND that Muslim women remove their NIQAB and IDENTIFY THEMSELVES PROPERLY is growing ever more obvious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AS Toronto Sun pointed out - the NIQAB cancels out all sorts of security deals! The Sun dressed a 14 year old BOY in a NIQAB and sent the kid off to buy liquor at various LCBO locations in Toronto................................

AND NOBODY CHALLENGED the under age kid in the bopdy sack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Muslims MUST BE COMPELLED to identify themselves clearly and properly for taking tests at college or university, for filing govt forms such as gun license and drivers license and for situations dealing with cops and for testimony in court!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In addition there have been incidents reported of Muslim women attacking white people for using cmaeras in a public place. In one incident- a white Sun reporter was with his family at Dundas Square- an OBVIOUSLY PUBLIC PLACE!!!!!!!!!

And he took several photos and was lining up for another when a shadow fell over his lense and something slapped at his head! Turns out it was a Muslim woman slapping at him and DEMANDING he give her his expensive camera!!!!!!!!!!!

When he refused - she slapped at him again and then was joined by a couple more Muslim women and their husbands......all demanding he hand over the camera!

A cop was called over and refereed the argument! The woman protested that they HAD NOT ATTACKED THE MAN! They told the cop they were ONLY TRYING TO SMASH HIS CAMERA -because they feared he might have taken some photos of the Muslim women!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The cop tried to defuse the white mans anger by pointing out they were not actually threatening HIM! They were just worried about unsuitable photos!!!!!!!!

But as the white guy pointed out- what IF THEY HAD SMASHED THE CAMERA AS THEY INTENDED??

HOW could he press charges against people he could not identify since they were wrapped up an those BODY COVERING SACKS???????????

In that situation -the was ATTACKED and his property threatened with DAMAGE - with no way to take legal action since the attacker were essentially IN DISGUISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There ARE LAWS that punish white people for committing crimes while in disguise so WHY NOT APPLY THEM AGAINST MUSLIMS????????????

And there was another incident in east end Toronto with another white guy and his girl friend out taking photos while her guy walks his dog.............................and same deal.....Angry Muslims DEMANDING the girl hand over her camera to a bunch of Muslims!!

Girl moves to hide behind boyfriend and shield her camera from angry grabbing hands trying to snatch it from her...........and things get even worse!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dog gets agitated and is barking and etc and Muslims consider dogs to be UNCLEAN and they are angry enough that photos of their woman MAY HAVE accidentally been taken- but to have to contend with the dog IS REAL INSULT FOR THEM!!!!!!!!!!!

Tolerance is one thing..........but total surrender to the DEMANDS of radical minded intruders that LIE-berl govt has FORCED ON US is not acceptable!!!!!!!!!

MUSLIMS MUST learn to tolerate the NORMAL standards of Csdn behaviour!!!!

And LIE-beral failure to make it clear that proper ID IS ESSENTIAL in all legal dealings is a huge mistake that leaves us vulnerable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Oh Colpy................................

here is a little bit of advice....................................

DONT GO for the hemerHOID INSULT BAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For all intents and purposes Hoidie is mainly a non entity in the common sense department!