Trudeau 'welcomes' ethics probe of alleged PMO interference in SNC-Lavalin case

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
DIDNT hemerHOID JUST TELL THE BIGGEST.......................

anti Harper LIE of his long LIE-beral lying career?????????????????????????????

YEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why dont you tell us again about that rather AWKWARD investigation into "Robo-calls".................................

that was supposed to SMEAR HARPER Conservatives................................................

that ended up CONDEMNING LIE-berals instead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh right..................................

hemer HOID deals ONLY in ANTI Conservative LIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Toronto Star told us this about the Harper contempt allegations in a March 21, 2011 article and I offer some comments of my own in brackets)::

The Commons procedure and house affairs committee tabled a majority report Monday concluding the government is in contempt for refusing to disclose enough information about the cost of several big-ticket items.

Those would be documents about the price tags for its law-and-order agenda, corporate tax cuts and the plan to buy stealth combat jets, with all the opposition MPs on the committee voting to condemn the government for withholding requested documents without giving adequate reasons why.

(OH DEAR ME!! Conservatives wear trying to obtain equipment to be used for national security - which they KNEW LIE-berals would endlessly CRY and object about- because LIE-berals DISDAIN NATIONAL SECURITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(LIE-beral disdain for national security is a NATIONAL SCANDAL!! LIE-beral disdain IS WHY we are facing Yankee NAFTA TARIFFS and why we are facing abuse from the Beijing Butchers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

That LIE-beral disdain for national security is why we have had to endure Muslim TERROR ATTACKS and various radical Muslim THREATS in Canada!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

“This is an unprecedented cascade of abuse,” Liberal Leader Michael Ignatieff said during Question Period on Monday after describing recent scandals involving allegations of influence peddling and election fraud in addition to contempt. “The issue here is one of trust. How can Canadians remain trusting of a government guilty of such flagrant abuse of power?”

(My - how QUICKLY LIE-berals FORGET the THREE BILLION DOLLAR LIE-beral Adscam THEFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

New Democrat Leader Jack Layton said he is still waiting for the budget before deciding whether to support the government, but added the government being in contempt adds another layer.

(And of course BOTH LIE-berals and NDP ended up supporting the Conservative budget - AFTER BEING CAUGHT OUT OFFERING the Bloc Quebecois enough power so the SEPARATISTS COULD COMPLETELY CONTROL ALL LEGISLATION INTRODUCED IN PARLIAMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

(YES LIE-beral lust for power is so strong and so CORRUPTING that they were willing to hand over control of our govt to SEPARATISTS who are SWORN TO DESTROY Canada -and LIE-berals are so shameless they are willing to become figureheads over the political WRECKAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

(And it was ONLY AFTER the Governor General insisted there MUST BE AN ELECTION and the opinion of the public sought that SHAMED LIE-berals into killing their deal with the Separatist Devils!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

(But such shameless LIE-beral deals with Separatists has NOT PREVENTED spoiled LIE-berals from WHINING that Harper was somehow WRONG for proroguing Parliament while he LEGALLY AND HONESTLY thwarted the LIE-beral political CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

“The committee has found the government in contempt and that’s a very serious finding,” Layton told reporters outside the Commons on Monday. “There’s no doubt it makes it more difficult to operate around here when you’re dealing with a government that’s so contemptuous of Canadians.”

(And if Layton were still alive - what do you suppose he would say about EITHER Lavalin or Admiral Norman scandals???????????)

(And in other news...........shall we ASK if NDPers EVER PAID BACK the millions in office funds they ILLEGALLY MISS-USED and were required to repay or face their own contempt charge?? Or has that little scandal been conveniently FORGOTTEN AS WELL?????????????????????????????)

(And at this point it SHOULD BE OBVIOUS.........................that Harper was deemed in contempt for trying to covertly spend tax money ON CDN NATIONAL SECURITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

(While LIE-berals and their idiot NDP cousins are in contempt for wasting OUR TAX MONEY ON THEMSELVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

(The MORAL CONTRAST IS REMARKABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
... and Mulcair should know having been a Liberal cabinet minister in the Quebec government.
anyone in government would know about it except the person who was justice minister at the time.

perhaps it illustrates why you might not want to appoint a political novice to such a high post

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
We might be slow but with the US leading the way we are sure to follow whatever fate you suffers, . . I mean enjoy of course.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
We badly need to hear two things from Mr. Trudeau...………..1. Why should S.N.C. Lavalin be given a pass on charges of corruption when all the other crooks in the country face prosecution. 2. Why should Lavalin's employees escape the results of charges to their employer, when everyone else in the country who is employed by a crook has to suffer the just deserts of an accomplice?

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
We badly need to hear two things from Mr. Trudeau...………..1. Why should S.N.C. Lavalin be given a pass on charges of corruption when all the other crooks in the country face prosecution. 2. Why should Lavalin's employees escape the results of charges to their employer, when everyone else in the country who is employed by a crook has to suffer the just deserts of an accomplice?
1. they were not asking for a pass on the charges of corruption

2. the guilty should be punished

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
From: http://nationalpost.com/opinion/rex...-disagree-justin-trudeaus-amazing-doublespeak
Our prime minister is a gifted voice artist.

Sometimes Mr. Trudeau speaks in a soft, semi-muted, soothing voice, each word sounded distinctly, and with something like a pause or a halt between nearly every word. It’s his empathy voice, it whispers the deepest sincerity of feeling, it’s his my-fellow-Canadians-I-want-you-to know-that-what-I’m-saying-now-is-from-the-bottom–floor-of-my-heart voice. (Maybe even further down, the basement.) It’s a great voice for apologies, so it gets lots of exercise. It’s also great for those staring-deeply-into-the-eyes-of-friendly-interviewers moments, when he wishes to lather whatever pseudo-profundity he’s about to utter with maxima unction.

There’s another voice — it could be called the Robert Fife voice, since it mainly shows up whenever Robert Fife (Kingslayer) comes up with another doozy of a story. The volume is higher than the apology voice, the words are evenly spaced and punctuated by what I’ll call a stream rhetorical hiccups (the trademark “ums” and “uhs” that brocade so many of his speeches), and the final stroke — a hard hit on the definitive part of the statement.

Classic example, easily found on YouTube and in other archives, from the early days of the SNC-Lavalin affair: “The allegations in the Globe story this morning ( … pause for emphasis … ) are false.” And that takes care of that. When the PM hits “are false,” the pressure put on those two words is the signal that people can accept that the story is all tosh, and everyone should go home and watch Big Brother.

The third voice doesn’t come out as often as those two, but it’s plainly meant to be the knockout voice. It’s declamatory, strong, even loud, and has the neat, even unique characteristic of telling Canadians that what he’s saying this time is true because he’s saying it. Who can forget the almost-Churchillian vigour of his famous promise, from the 2015 campaign, to “balance the budget by 2019.”

“I am looking straight at Canadians and being honest the way I always have. We said we are committed to balanced budgets and we are! We will balance that budget in 2019.” You can almost hear the echoes … We shall fight on the beaches … etc.

Looking at the clip nearly four years later you can’t help but be impressed by its sheer (Scheer?) ardour, the steely determination of the voice, the clarity and certitude behind the promise. It has that same stern infallibility you hear in Newfoundland when someone says “I ’spose it’s going to rain on the weekend again.” Pure accent of truth or truth itself.

On my believability meter, I’d put “I ’spose it’s going to rain on the weekend again (in Newfoundland) and the dramatic assurance of “We’ll balance the budget in 2019” from Mr. Trudeau, as right up there with Papal declarations, and the familiar operations of diarrhetic bears in the woods. One hundred per cent in both cases.

Or, I should qualify, almost. Here I must reluctantly add an alas and a couple of alacks. Brace yourself, good reader. The budget in 2019 is NOT balanced. It is nowhere near balanced. Despite having “looked straight at Canadians,” despite “being honest as I always (am)” — despite all that utter conviction when making the promise, it is not balanced. If it were a playground seesaw, the deficit end of the plank would be solidly on the ground, even biting a few feet under it, and several feet up, almost perpendicular, would be its opposite.

This cardinal promise of Mr. Trudeau will end up in the political journals next to such classics as Mr. Bush’s “Read my lips: no new taxes,” and Mr. Obama’s beautiful oath during the health-care debate: “If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor.” The capacity of politicians to end up on the very opposite side of their own words is a versatility not to be found elsewhere in nature.

And now to the scandal or scandal redux of the week. The most awaited sequel since I Still Know What You Did Last Summer. The ethics commissioner, a man of unwonted spine in that capacity has firmly — devastatingly is the adverb of choice — come down on the side of Jody Wilson-Raybould. He has roundly condemned the actions of the prime minister and his various busy minions in the attempt to interfere with prosecutorial independence and the sacred independence of the attorney general. All the words of Mr. Trudeau on this subject since the first denial — “It is false” of the Fife story to the return of Gerry Butts to the back offices of the Liberal hierarchy — have been shown to be nothing but steam on the window, meant to obscure the reality. The justice minister was very right. Mr. Trudeau was very wrong.

One sentence of the report bristles with clarity on this point: “The authority of the prime minister and his office was used to circumvent, undermine and ultimately attempt to discredit the decision of the director of public prosecutions as well as the authority of Ms. Wilson-Raybould as the Crown’s chief law officer.”

And here we come to the last variation of the Trudeau voice. This is not a matter of tempo, volume, or unction. It is his dip into his third language. We know of his fluency in English and French. But he has a grasp of another lingo, doublespeak, that reaches artistry. He accepts the commissioner’s (devastating) report, but he “disagrees” with some of its conclusions.

I accept and I disagree.

We run into an entire picnic of “having your cake and eating it too” here. Or else, on the famous steed of Stephen Leacock: “Lord Ronald said nothing; he flung himself from the room, flung himself upon his horse and rode madly off in all directions.”

Justin Trudeau, doing politics in different voices. There is but a footnote to add.

Mr. Trudeau is adamant he will not apologize to Wilson-Raybould, or for the actions delineated by the ethics commissioner. He will never, he says, apologize for “standing up for Canadian jobs.” Two points: On the “standing up for Canadian jobs” part, he might want to hold off on that one when, if, he next visits Alberta. On the “no apology front,” I’m willing to give Trudeau a break. It’s possible he’s got none — apologies I mean — left. He’s spread them as thick as capelin on a field (a fine old Newfoundland fertilizer with a reek that could paralyze.) He’s simply run out. But I’m sure some new ones are already on order.

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
I don't know what it says to white natty climate change deniers but she is Trudeau's logical successor.

IS IT NOT AMUSING???????????????????????????

How LIE-beral TEMPERS ARE FRAYING????????????????????????????

Right along with their chances of re-election!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Trudeau should be forced to answer just one question...………….."Should Lavalin have to abide by the same laws applying to everyone else or not?

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
Trudeau should be forced to answer just one question...………….."Should Lavalin have to abide by the same laws applying to everyone else or not?

AS Reporter Rex Murphy has pointed out....................................

Our idiot Boy says....................................

"he accepts and agrees" with the findings of the Ethics Commissioner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For those who do not understand the convoluted LIE-beral verbiage.........................................

it means THIS::::::::

Our idiot BOY has just given us HIS VERSION.....................................

of the PIERRE TRUDEAU.............................................

SALMON ARM SALUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is time now for the idiot Boy.......................

to emulate his VILE FATHER...........................

and take a walk in the snow...............................

AND NOT COME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
The deal was not to change the laws they were facing

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Haven't you heard? You can't swing a dead cat without hitting a job in Canada.

They'll allegedly be fine.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Wilson-Raybould now says she was contacted by RCMP | Power & Politics

CBC News
Published on Aug 16, 2019
Former attorney general Jody Wilson-Raybould is clarifying an earlier statement that she had not heard from Mounties. She now says she was contacted by the RCMP in the spring over the SNC-Lavalin affair.
To read more: http://cbc.ca/1.5250225

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Wilson-Raybould now says she was contacted by RCMP | Power & Politics

CBC News
Published on Aug 16, 2019
Former attorney general Jody Wilson-Raybould is clarifying an earlier statement that she had not heard from Mounties. She now says she was contacted by the RCMP in the spring over the SNC-Lavalin affair.
To read more: http://cbc.ca/1.5250225

Is that of any great significance?

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017

OH YOU CLUELESS and Joyless LIE-beral Monkey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our idiot Boy ALREADY ANSWERED that question..................................

when he told us "he would not apologize for defending good Cdn jobs"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not only did Our idiot Boy just tell us there is one law for ordinary Cdns.....................................

and another law for LIE-beral hacks and flacks and party pals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He went on to give us a VERBAL SALMON ARM SALUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our idiot Boy "acknowledges the verdict of the Ethics Commissioner" .............................................

by which he means HE WILL IGNORE THE ETHICS COMMISSIONER when it suits him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can wear your Salmon Arm Salute with LIE-beral PRIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
1 , SNC Lavalin is from Quebec and donates to the Liberal Party .
2 , SNC Lavalin supply liberals with post retirement positions on its board to look the other way .