Capitalism will save this world

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC

Life sure was profitable on Walton's Mountain. . .

Prolific, too.

"G'nigh, John-boy."

"Keep it in your pants, Daddy. We're outta bedrooms!"

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

And oh by the way your bonus has been cut, benefits halved and your pay frozen. The CEO is getting a giant wad of cash this quarter.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Yeah. No one can even afford a car anymore.

in 1960, there was approximately 1 car owned for every 3 people in the population. By 1970, this statistic increased to 1 car for every 2 people. In the 1980’s and 1990’s, the statistic was a little more than 1 car for every 2 people. This dropped slightly in 2000 and 2008, when ownership statistics showed just fewer than 1 car for every two people.
https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/us-states-by-vehicles-per-capita.html

Yer prog bullshit memes are just that, Precipissy, bullshit.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Yeah. No one can even afford a car anymore.

in 1960, there was approximately 1 car owned for every 3 people in the population. By 1970, this statistic increased to 1 car for every 2 people. In the 1980’s and 1990’s, the statistic was a little more than 1 car for every 2 people. This dropped slightly in 2000 and 2008, when ownership statistics showed just fewer than 1 car for every two people.
https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/us-states-by-vehicles-per-capita.html

Yer prog bullshit memes are just that, Precipissy, bullshit.

Interesting stat.

Why the increase in cars?

Could be that two were now needed because both parents worked?

Could be that cars became more common due to productivity?

Hmn... you missed some of your quote up there, Wally...

As the price of cars became more affordable and as international companies began competing with US companies, vehicle ownership underwent significant changes throughout the years. This trend has pointed toward increasing ownership. For example, in 1960, there was approximately 1 car owned for every 3 people in the population. By 1970, this statistic increased to 1 car for every 2 people. In the 1980’s and 1990’s, the statistic was a little more than 1 car for every 2 people. This dropped slightly in 2000 and 2008, when ownership statistics showed just fewer than 1 car for every two people.

And also:

The Need For Personal Vehicles In The US

For individuals living in large metropolitan areas, having a personal vehicle is often not a necessity. Metropolitan life offers reliable public transportation, like commuter trains, subways, and buses. For those individuals living in rural areas, however, owning a personal vehicle becomes somewhat of a necessity. This reality is reflected in current vehicle ownership statistics. As of 2013, US Census estimates suggest that there were approximately 1.8 vehicles per household. Vehicle ownership in the US is higher than any place else in the world. Below is a look at some of the US states with the highest per capita vehicle ownership rates.

And then there's the rest of the article.

Owning a car outside of a city of necessary, or at least having access to a car. Just because a person has a car, doesn't mean they're doing 'well', either, financially. It also depends too on insurance, and Gods know that varies depending on the vehicle, the company and so many other factors it's insane. I just upgraded my vehicle and though my insurance didn't go up that much, I was told that insurance rates are going up/are up to almost the highest it was at a few years ago. AKA it's "bad", not as bad as it could be, but bad.

Having a car does not denote wealth.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Interesting stat.
Why the increase in cars?
Could be that two were now needed because both parents worked?
Could be that cars became more common due to productivity?
Hmn... you missed some of your quote up there, Wally...
And also:
And then there's the rest of the article.
Owning a car outside of a city of necessary, or at least having access to a car. Just because a person has a car, doesn't mean they're doing 'well', either, financially. It also depends too on insurance, and Gods know that varies depending on the vehicle, the company and so many other factors it's insane. I just upgraded my vehicle and though my insurance didn't go up that much, I was told that insurance rates are going up/are up to almost the highest it was at a few years ago. AKA it's "bad", not as bad as it could be, but bad.
Having a car does not denote wealth.
One generational difference that doubled car ownership is that, in my parent's day, only one parent needed to go to work to sustain an household in a reasonable level of affluence. Both parents have to work now to pay the mortgage, keep their heads above water and they both likely need to drive to different places to do that.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Well, You debt slaves better sharpen up your donkey drivin' skills...
;)
For the shiny bright new tomorrow.

if you don't have a donkey to pull your shopping cart around town, I am sure your wife will do.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Well, You debt slaves better sharpen up your donkey drivin' skills...
;)
For the shiny bright new tomorrow.

if you don't have a donkey to pull your shopping cart around town, I am sure your wife will do.
If men get blamed for all the shit going on they will be the servants and the women will have the reins, again, Granny has always been the spine in any family, just ask grandpa who is the boss. It could be a good move, being deceptive about how/why it is happening takes some of the hope away that it will mean any change, maybe 'mom' will see everything as wanting to eat her young and kill everybody..