Gun Control is Completely Useless.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015

it is a free country!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and will remain that way...................................

as long as lie-berals do not get their own way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you see!!!!!!

The lieberals couldn't take that away from you .........

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
'Naive': Police chiefs say handgun ban wouldn't stop flow of weapons into Canada

Chief Constable Adam Palmer, President of the Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police addresses a news conference in Vancouver, Monday, Oct. 15, 2018. THE CANADIAN PRESS/Jonathan Hayward

Bill Graveland, The Canadian Press
Published Wednesday, August 14, 2019 6:50PM EDT

CALGARY -- The Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police won't be supporting a call for a ban on handguns despite concerns about gun violence in a number of major cities including Toronto.

Vancouver police Chief Adam Palmer, who heads the organization, says Canada already has strong firearms regulations and no other law is required.

Toronto Mayor John Tory is asking the federal government for a handgun ban and Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has said he will consider additional gun-control measures.

There were 14 separate shootings recorded in Toronto over the August long weekend alone.

Palmer says in the majority of cases involving gun violence, the handguns being used are already illegal and it makes no sense to ban something that is already prohibited.

"In every single case there are already offences for that. They're already breaking the law and the criminal law in Canada addresses all of those circumstances," Palmer said Wednesday at the conclusion of the association's annual conference.

"The firearms laws in Canada are actually very good right now. They're very strict."

The prime minister has highlighted recently passed gun-control legislation that extends the scope of background checks and strengthens record-keeping requirements for gun retailers.

Earlier this week, he said Canadians will learn more about Liberal plans for gun control during the upcoming campaign.

"I very much look forward to the election campaign in which we will be able to share with Canadians our vision for how to keep Canadians safer," Trudeau said.

"That involves, yes, strengthening gun control but it also involves investments that ... are so deeply needed in community infrastructure."

Palmer suggested that handguns would still be around, even with a ban, because of Canada's proximity to the United States.
"People can't be naive to the realities of how it works with organized crime and smuggling," he said.

"There will always be an influx of guns from the United States into Canada," said Palmer. "Heroin is illegal in Canada, too, but we have heroin in Canada.

The association also discussed harassment and bullying in the workplace and the importance of making sure there are mental- health supports for those in policing.

"We have had suicides in Canada. I've had an officer die by suicide in my own department this year. It's a very terrible thing to go through for the police service and there have been other services that have gone through this across Canada as well.

"They're dealing with sexual assaults and child abuse, car chases, people with guns, people who have been shot and stabbed, exposure to blood and people spitting on them, swearing at them, assaulting them and they come back the next day and do it all over again."

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/naive...-t-stop-flow-of-weapons-into-canada-1.4550150

Go ahead, liberty haters, argue with THAT!

BTW, I'm as surprized as you are.

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
'Naive': Police chiefs say handgun ban wouldn't stop flow of weapons into Canada
Chief Constable Adam Palmer, President of the Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police addresses a news conference in Vancouver, Monday, Oct. 15, 2018. THE CANADIAN PRESS/Jonathan Hayward
CALGARY -- The Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police won't be supporting a call for a ban on handguns despite concerns about gun violence in a number of major cities including Toronto.
Vancouver police Chief Adam Palmer, who heads the organization, says Canada already has strong firearms regulations and no other law is required.
Toronto Mayor John Tory is asking the federal government for a handgun ban and Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has said he will consider additional gun-control measures.
There were 14 separate shootings recorded in Toronto over the August long weekend alone.
Palmer says in the majority of cases involving gun violence, the handguns being used are already illegal and it makes no sense to ban something that is already prohibited.
"In every single case there are already offences for that. They're already breaking the law and the criminal law in Canada addresses all of those circumstances," Palmer said Wednesday at the conclusion of the association's annual conference.
"The firearms laws in Canada are actually very good right now. They're very strict."
The prime minister has highlighted recently passed gun-control legislation that extends the scope of background checks and strengthens record-keeping requirements for gun retailers.
Earlier this week, he said Canadians will learn more about Liberal plans for gun control during the upcoming campaign.
"I very much look forward to the election campaign in which we will be able to share with Canadians our vision for how to keep Canadians safer," Trudeau said.
"That involves, yes, strengthening gun control but it also involves investments that ... are so deeply needed in community infrastructure."
Palmer suggested that handguns would still be around, even with a ban, because of Canada's proximity to the United States.
"People can't be naive to the realities of how it works with organized crime and smuggling," he said.
"There will always be an influx of guns from the United States into Canada," said Palmer. "Heroin is illegal in Canada, too, but we have heroin in Canada.
The association also discussed harassment and bullying in the workplace and the importance of making sure there are mental- health supports for those in policing.
"We have had suicides in Canada. I've had an officer die by suicide in my own department this year. It's a very terrible thing to go through for the police service and there have been other services that have gone through this across Canada as well.
"They're dealing with sexual assaults and child abuse, car chases, people with guns, people who have been shot and stabbed, exposure to blood and people spitting on them, swearing at them, assaulting them and they come back the next day and do it all over again."
https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/naive...-t-stop-flow-of-weapons-into-canada-1.4550150

when it comes to gun laws the liberals seldom opt for sensible laws. A gun ban would be a feel good law. Something that they can pat themselv3s on the back for and say 'look what we did!'

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
If ever a Bill ever gets tabled abd passes vote,

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
The US has shitloads of gunsmiths. You can import them legally. No permits and as many as you want.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
All you anti-gun types will be happy to know that my firearms are definitely leftists. They sit around all day in their safe space, they won't do shit unless you feed them and yes, they ARE triggered.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
I believe gun bans work.
Especially when you want to force your odious, dehumanizing ideology on the population.

Let's see. Do gun bans work? In a sense yes. They lower the rate of homicide by firearm. They do NOT however lower the overall homicide rate. They don't even prevent mass killings. Look at the fire in Kyoto last month. More people killed in that arson attack than were killed by the El Paso and Dayton shooters combined.
In fact Japan, a country where it is ridiculously difficult to legally own a firearm, has had some of the worst mass killings in the modern Western world outside of war.

Then look at the idiot last year in Toronto with the rental van. He managed to kill more people than the Danforth shooter. Quite a few more in fact.

ON top of that, look up the stats yourself. In any given year around half of the firearm related homicides are gang related. So basically you want a gun ban to prevent around 150 murders a year. Because criminals aren't going to be all that seriously affected by a gun ban.

So to sum up, we need a gun ban because 150 people a year are killed by them. But you're fine with the 1800+ a year being killed in MVA's, most of which are caused by impairment or distraction.

And look, I get the difference between intending to shoot someone and "accidentally" running over someone with your car, or crashing into another vehicle. But that's where the difference ends for those who are impaired or texting. You may not have intended to kill someone but you DID intentionally engage in reckless behaviour that is known to kill people.

Here's another irony. From 2000-2017 more people were stabbed to death than shot to death. Yet while I have to store my firearms in super secure lock boxes, in pieces, in different parts of the house and separate from any ammo, I can have as many surgically sharp blades as big as I want just sitting around my house within reach. Not that I do, just pointing out the stupidity of your ideology.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I wouldn't complain about a firearm that used biometrics such as a palm or thumb print to fire.

By today's standard that is low tech and cheap to incorporate into a firearm.

If we have shopping carts that lock up 100m from the door of a retailer, how hard would a biometric lockout be?

There is no need to ban SFA. Meet in the middle and we'll all have a merry Christmas.

Last edited:

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I wouldn't complain about a firearm that used biometrics such as a palm or thumb print to fire.
If we have shopping carts that lock up 100m from the door of a retailer, how hard would a biometric lockout be?
There is no need to ban SFA. Meet in the middle and we'll all have a merry Christmas.
... just as long as it boots up in time to waste that Injun walking up your driveway ..

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
you see!!!!!!

The lieberals couldn't take that away from you .........

SENILE OLD FOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIE-berals ARE TRYING HARD....................................

TO SILENCE US ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FOR THE GOOD OF THE PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SIEG HEIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Justin Trudope just got FULLY EXPOSED for what he is.................................

and you are TOO SENILE to see it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pierre Trudope told us IN WRITING.......................

that he admired the "genius of Chairman Mao in rushing 30 million Chinese to the gallows"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Our idiot Boy Justin told us "he likes the way the Chinese get things done"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And now we have Huawei seeking to install spy gear in

Canada and Our idiot Boy is okay with that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And we have China conspiring with the nuclear LUNATICS in

Tehran and Our idiot Boy does not care......................

because anything that UPSETS the Yankees is fine with him!!!

And now we see desperate people in Hong Kong..............

trying to salvage a FEW REMAINING CIVIL RIGHTS............

in the face of RED ARMY and secret police........................

and Our idiot BOY says NOTHING...........................

because HIS ENTIRE FAMILY ADMIRES.......................

the Beijing Bullies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Aren't they all?

The small ones that you hold in your hand are designed to kill members of the Human race and nothing else.

Ummm....no.

Some are, but many are not.

The .44 Magnum and those revolvers (and self-loaders) chambered for even more powerful cartridges are designed for hunting, or defense from dangerous animals.

There are also a number of single shot and bolt action pistols made specifically for hunting.

There are literally dozens of types of .22 and .32 pistols made specifically for targets, and Olympic competition style shooting.

Just for a couple of examples:

https://www.wideopenspaces.com/6-best-handguns-hunting-pics/

https://www.ssusa.org/articles/2015/9/15/the-best-22-caliber-pistols-for-nra-bullseye/

Last edited:

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

I need to respectfully disagree here.

Firearms, especially those designed for defense, need to be as simple as possible. The more technology added, the more things there are to fail when you really, really need it....RIGHT NOW..

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I need to respectfully disagree here.
Firearms, especially those designed for defense, need to be as simple as possible. The more technology added, the more things there are to fail when you really, really need it....RIGHT NOW..
So. . . you'd be OK with restricting access to automatics, and limiting ownership of handguns to revolvers, being as how much simpler they are?

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
So. . . you'd be OK with restricting access to automatics, and limiting ownership of handguns to revolvers, being as how much simpler they are?

Actually, when it comes to the mechanics of the system, semi-autos are usually much simpler than revolvers.

My Browning Hi Power 9mm is dismounts into 6 parts.........slide, retainer, barrel, return spring, frame, and magazine. The trigger mechanism is very simple........and that is it.

Revolvers are simple in operation.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Actually, when it comes to the mechanics of the system, semi-autos are usually much simpler than revolvers.
My Browning Hi Power 9mm is dismounts into 6 parts.........slide, retainer, barrel, return spring, frame, and magazine. The trigger mechanism is very simple........and that is it.
Revolvers are simple in operation.
So. . . if you're attacked by a knife or gun-wielding maniac, you're gonna jerk out your Browning and field-strip it?

Good idea.