The hour of death is known by God alone

Torch light

House Member
Dec 4, 2017
None other than God Almighty knows the hour of man's death .. no prophet, angel or anyone may know the fore-future, but only God alone knows the fore-future and the hour of man's death.

Quran 7: 187-188, which mean:

[Some of Quraish tribesmen said to the Prophet – salam to him: "If you are a prophet, tell us when we will die!"
Therefore, this aya was revealed:]

(187. They question you [Mohammed] of the Hour [of their death], when its settlement be?

Say: "The knowledge about the [hour of your death] is [exclusively] with my Lord [alone]; none but He will manifest it with its [due] time;
it has been so tremendous in the heavens and the earth;
only, all of a sudden it will come to you."
They ask you as if you are unaware about it.
Say: "The knowledge about it is [exclusively] with God [alone], but most of people know not [about the truth.]"

[When they asked the Prophet about the 'unknown fore-future', His saying – be glorified – in the Quran was revealed:]
188. Say [Mohammed, to them]: "For myself, I cannot bring any profit, nor avert any hurt, but only that which God wills.
Had I had the knowledge of the fore-future, I should have had abundance of wealth, and adversity would not have touched me.
I am only a warner [against idolatry], and a bearer of good tidings [of Paradise and prosperity] to a people believing [in God and His messenger.]
)

More explanation of these two grat ayat is in the link:
http://quran-ayat.com/pret/7.htm#a7_188
quran-ayat.com/pret/7.htm#a7_188

Last edited:

Torch light

House Member
Dec 4, 2017
So every apostle must declare to people that he does not know anything about the knowledge of the fore-future, except that which God acquaints him about.. and that he does not control any profit or harm for himself or for others .. and that his duty is only to convey his message: to warn of the consequences of the idolatry and to give the glad news for believers of Paradise in Heaven.

This was true of Noah who said as in the Quran 11: 31, which means:
( "I do not say to you: "I possess the treasuries of God" o;

I know not the [knowledge of the] fore-future p;

and I do not say: "I am an angel q.")
..................................................................................

31 o This is in reply to their saying: (we do not see you [all] have any preference [of wealth, tribe or children] to us); so he said: I don’t say to you that I have more wealth than you have, or that I possess the treasuries of God.

31 p so that I may tell you about the time of the coming of the punishment.

31 q This is in reply to their saying: (We see you [Noah] not other than a mortal like ourselves); so he said: Truly I am a human being like yourselves, but God chooses for the message any of His servants whom He pleases.

http://quran-ayat.com/pret/11.htm#a11_31
quran-ayat.com/pret/11.htm#a11_31

Torch light

House Member
Dec 4, 2017
[Quraish tribesmen said to the Prophet – salam to him: "If you truly are a Prophet as do you claim, then do for us the miracles that Jesus son of Mary did before, and then we may believe you; because Jesus cured the congenitally blind and the albino; he also revived the dead and foretold about the 'Unknown'."

Therefore, this aya Quran 6: 50 was revealed in reply to their words:]

(Say [Mohammed, to these disbelievers]:

"I am not telling you that I have the treasuries of [the mercy of] God [so that I can work miracles like those of Jesus who cured the congenitally-blind and the albino and revived the dead],

nor that I know the Unknown,

nor that I am angel [like him, because Jesus was an angel that came down from heaven according to God's command, and entered in the body of the fetus in the womb of Mary.]

I only follow [the commands] revealed to me [from my Lord.]"

Say: "Are the blind [to the way of the truth like Abu-Jah'l], and the man seeing [it like Mohammed] equal?

Will you not contemplate [about that?]"
)

More knowledge in the link:
http://quran-ayat.com/pret/6.htm#a6_50
quran-ayat.com/pret/6.htm#a6_50

Last edited:

Torch light

House Member
Dec 4, 2017
This meaning is also expounded in the Quran 72: 21, which means:
(Say: "I cannot cause harm for you [: to bring down the punishment on you, as you demand],
nor [can I] make you accept the right guidance [as I desire for you.]"
a)
...................................................................................

21 a It means: Neither can I bring the punishment down upon you as you demand, nor can I guide you as I demand; the One Who can do that is God – be glorified – while I am only a messenger and I have only to deliver the message.

http://quran-ayat.com/pret/72.htm#a72_21
quran-ayat.com/pret/72.htm#a72_21

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
None other than God Almighty knows the hour of man's death .. no prophet, angel or anyone may know the fore-future, but only God alone knows the fore-future and the hour of man's death.

Quran 7: 187-188, which mean:

[Some of Quraish tribesmen said to the Prophet – salam to him: "If you are a prophet, tell us when we will die!"
Therefore, this aya was revealed:]

(187. They question you [Mohammed] of the Hour [of their death], when its settlement be?

Say: "The knowledge about the [hour of your death] is [exclusively] with my Lord [alone]; none but He will manifest it with its [due] time;
it has been so tremendous in the heavens and the earth;
only, all of a sudden it will come to you."
They ask you as if you are unaware about it.
Say: "The knowledge about it is [exclusively] with God [alone], but most of people know not [about the truth.]"

[When they asked the Prophet about the 'unknown fore-future', His saying – be glorified – in the Quran was revealed:]
188. Say [Mohammed, to them]: "For myself, I cannot bring any profit, nor avert any hurt, but only that which God wills.
Had I had the knowledge of the fore-future, I should have had abundance of wealth, and adversity would not have touched me.
I am only a warner [against idolatry], and a bearer of good tidings [of Paradise and prosperity] to a people believing [in God and His messenger.]
)

More explanation of these two grat ayat is in the link:
http://quran-ayat.com/pret/7.htm#a7_188
quran-ayat.com/pret/7.htm#a7_188
Hmmm......Then why did my daughter know when she would die!!...From the time she was eight she knew she would die young and that she would never marry.

Well she fell in love and got engaged. After about a year or so it wasn't enough. They announced the intention of marrying. She was bombarded by the circle of friends and family that it was just fear rather than knowing ........that her belief was just her fear. She was killed in a fiery car crash a week before her wedding.
So ...... now I tend to disagree with only God knows all.....after all many people have premonitions that manifest despite all the naysayers. IT doesn't help to state as fact something that has been proven wrong.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
God put the upper limit at 120 years. He did not give free reign about people being sent to an early grave. They will get 'extra training' before they can enter the new earth era.

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
God put the upper limit at 120 years. He did not give free reign about people being sent to an early grave. They will get 'extra training' before they can enter the new earth era.
LOL ....The oldest person verified by modern standards, and the only person with evidence to have lived to be 120 (and over), was French woman Jeanne Calment (21 February 1875 – 4 August 1997), aged 122 years, 164 days.

Be careful about what you choose to believe. It is very limiting.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
LOL ....The oldest person verified by modern standards, and the only person with evidence to have lived to be 120 (and over), was French woman Jeanne Calment (21 February 1875 – 4 August 1997), aged 122 years, 164 days.
Be careful about what you choose to believe. It is very limiting.
I did figure out how some people in the Bible lived to 900+ years old. They didn't. BUT, if you take 900 and divide by 12 or 13, you get a very reasonable age somewhere in their 70s. Which for Biblical times would be pretty damn old.
Why did I divide their age by 12 or 13? Well, based on everything I've watched, read and learned, I'd hazard an educated guess based on early humans using the moon to track time (since it's the fastest and easiest to track moving [natural] object that crosses the sky), that a "year" was actually every new moon. So in effect they lived 900+ moons.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I did figure out how some people in the Bible lived to 900+ years old. They didn't. BUT, if you take 900 and divide by 12 or 13, you get a very reasonable age somewhere in their 70s. Which for Biblical times would be pretty damn old.
Why did I divide their age by 12 or 13? Well, based on everything I've watched, read and learned, I'd hazard an educated guess based on early humans using the moon to track time (since it's the fastest and easiest to track moving [natural] object that crosses the sky), that a "year" was actually every new moon. So in effect they lived 900+ moons.
So, that translation from Ancient Hebrew to Aramaic to Greek to Latin to English might be prone to errors, here and there?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
So, that translation from Ancient Hebrew to Aramaic to Greek to Latin to English might be prone to errors, here and there?
Not to mention, that popes had a habit of adding and subtracting, mistranslating and misinterpreting passages to suit their bias.