If Canadians hate the US, why doesn't Canada just sever ties with them?

mrjoshua

Time Out
Aug 11, 2019
Because they still have hope.

Oh give me a break. Can you just sever ties with them already?

Of course I have.

So what is Canada doing about it?

What decisions are Canadians interfering with when it comes to the US?

This whole Trump thing that you and your precious Europeans keep complaining about like he is your leader!

But overall, yes, I still have hope

Oh brother... I guess I'll just have to be patient and let your fellow country men do it instead!

mrjoshua

Time Out
Aug 11, 2019
You don't speak for one single citizen in this country

I speak for Curios Cdn and that Kiwi person and maybe a lot of those here: Just how widespread is anti-American sentiment in Canada?

There are actually a lot of them. It is strange that Canadians feel this way but was never harmed by the US yet I tend to come across more positive feed back from peoples of countries which the US has actually harmed...

yet your infographic shows the US as the Canada's 5th choice

Ummm... have you considered that they were given only 6 choices?

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Ummm... have you considered that they were given only 6 choices?
Ummmm...so why did YOU post it then, since it still never proved your point? And 6 choices out of 195 countries wouldn't be much of a poll. Especially considering the disparity between the UK and Mexico.

And once again, you are NOT a Canadian and you speak for NO Canadians. Whether any agree with you or not is irrelevant.

I don't butt my business into British forums telling the Remoaners that I, a Canadian, speak for the majority of Britons who support Brexit. And yet you STILL won't tell us where you're from.
That makes your reasons for posting this thread amazingly suspect. Especially since there's an election just around the corner.
So why are you avoiding telling us where you're posting from? You come in here to stir up the pot, stomp into the forum like Christ coming to cleanse the Temple telling us you can help us like we need or asked for you help, act like you're the f*cking spokesperson for Canada because you read some opinions from ex-pats, tell us that a snapshot in time (a poll) is indicative of Canadian opinion all the time, but refuse to say where you're from. And we're supposed to just trust your "good" intentions"? Yeah, go drink a big heaping mug of go f*ck yourself.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
He speaks for socks.

Last edited:

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Oh give me a break. Can you just sever ties with them already?

Again, since you don't seem to understand the situation; no. It's not that easy.

So what is Canada doing about it?

Trying to resolve the issue, although I personally don't think we're doing it the right way, but I'm not in Government.

This whole Trump thing that you and your precious Europeans keep complaining about like he is your leader!

LOL - I don't complain because Trump is 'like our leader', I complain because he's a moron, he's a dangerous narcissist and a whole bunch of other reasons.

I also 'complain' because the US has this inherent belief that their President is the Leader of the Free World. And while I totally and emphatically disagree with that belief, as someone of the 'free world', I feel it's also my right then to shit on the 'Leader' as needed.

I see it as the privilege of being family.

Oh brother... I guess I'll just have to be patient and let your fellow country men do it instead!

Do what? Go balls to the wall and disengage from the US in a political and economical suicide that'd ruin Canada? That's not gonna happen, not unless things get to the breaking point, and while close, it's not there yet.

Really, you have NO idea about what the situation is here between our two countries, and yet when you're told how it is, you deny it or think it's easy to just walk away. But it's not.

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
Ever hear of Iceland. Ever hear how they cleared up their National Debt for good?? Do you understand why we would never be able to?
What could be done is Canadians in the north and West can show they are being ecomomically raped and the people are treated liked 3rd class citizens.
Put the present debt on the shoulders of the people living within a certain distance of the US border and have the US govern them like they do the island just off shore. The North can take out a loan from the WB through the UN and have them do a plan and the people can sign off after they make any changes they want and 'poof' $50B in debt for 100 years.

What would end is the free money to the ones in the south of Canada as well as the $50/bbl rebate the US presently gets on every drop of oil we export.
The terrible part is the north is being treated as a no man's land rather than there are people there who do have access to money and they can find all sorts of treasures in the 'land without a people'. Dot the area with NASA type instruments and the best locations are easy to find and the locals (all prospectors with valid business permits) would be the ones to look in all the hidden spots. With a small population at the start the needs are also small. The Canadian Government left every village in as bad of shape as possible so ground up rebuilds that make each village a stand alone community running at 21st century levels while still utilizing local resourses. (baked clay floors may turn out to be better than imported materials as they keep mice out as well as act as a conduit for the in-floor heat that using solar and goe-thermal means for the heating and cooling. Having the UN as the general Contractor means SNC is toast and southern Canada has no other experts, the UN is full of them and they are on good terms with the World Bank. With modernization being on the drawing board for most of the globe doing northern Canada as a showpiece would polish an image that is tarnished at the moment. The UN also all the connections to get it done sooner rather than later. A good deal when the people are the ones that can make or break a new diamond mine. AB did it with Social Credit after WWII. They could do nothing wrong for the next 20 years in the eyes of the voters. The north needs to float a loan at least that large and pay it back through a similar device that was the Heritage Trust fund. Giving the UN the financial reins would make things cheaper for the locals and in the time it takes to pay it off they can lean how to take over some/all/none of that end of the business. Open books would lead to full time employment for the admin as well as acting as a reference when they bid on other projects that are just as big because it brings a few people up to the standards set at the UN rather than sweat-shop owners. (like North America was from 1500AD) Max profits for as little investment as possible)

Did I mention the north is an ideal place for people in danger of facing war crimes? Their fight will be against the weather rather than any person so their grandchildren will have left all the shit behind. 3M 'home-steaders' who are farming fish in 3 decades, enough to feed 30M people annually and the catch grows every year. Everyone signing for a 50 year loan to show the UN that people are willing to move there if they can avoid the corruption that comes when Ontario and Quebec are calling the shots. (last 7 decades clearly show that and no signs of it ever ending)

OH MHz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What colour is the sky in the alternate universe you live in??????????????????????????????????????????

Can we SEND YOU TO THE NORTH?????????????????????????

Maybe some contact with reality will be good for you?????????????????????????

And being cut off your LSD supply might help you as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NZDoug

Council Member
Jul 18, 2017
Big Bay, Awhitu, New Zealand
Whatever , you’re safe down in nowhere land .
No one in the world is safe.
The arms industries world wide and the demographic that profits from their sales have finally come up against the reality of their greed. As the earth gradually becomes uninhabitable by virtue of climate change it may shortly not be worth fighting over. Surely everyone by now should have realized that arms races and wars whether nuclear or conventional must have contributed dramatically to global warming in addition to all the obvious grief they have caused from loss of life. The reality of the technology of war is that as soon as it is employed it is an admission of failure.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
If you guys build the wall and pay for it, I'm in.
It will be immensely amusing watching them discover what is actually involved in building a wall along the Canadian border. One of the participants in the GOP Primaries Gong Show back in 2016 said he'd do just that ...whatziz-name, the black physician. I'm sure that Med School was rigorous but American public school geography seems to be far less than adequate. I wonder if he also believes that Iran and Iraq are JUST the same because of the spelling? "We kicked ayass in Iraq and we'll do it again just the same in Iran".
We did build the largest engineering feat in history, y'know. We can do it. All we need to do is ask the Chinese for another hundred billion or so. Drop in the bucket compared to what we're already into them for.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
We did build the largest engineering feat in history, y'know. We can do it. All we need to do is ask the Chinese for another hundred billion or so. Drop in the bucket compared to what we're already into them for.
It will cost you more to build a wall along the whole length of the Canadian border than to establish a colony on Mars. All that you will gain is a bunch of refugees that will be unable to sneak into Canada for your efforts. You have more room in your camps, don't you?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
It will cost you more to build a wall along the whole length of the Canadian border than to establish a colony on Mars. All that you will gain is a bunch of refugees that will be unable to sneak into Canada for your efforts. You have more room in your camps, don't you?
Sure, we can always stuff a few more in. Ain't like they need beds. Or showers. Or food.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
In matters of general personal or public opinion? I'm afraid not.
You're not Canadian. You don't speak for one single citizen in this country let alone any kind of majority, period. Actually dumbass, you proved the opposite with your gay little infographic. Your claim is the majority of Canadians hate the US yet your infographic shows the US as the Canada's 5th choice as a neighbour. That's 5th out of 195. Ergo, the US is preferred over countries like Australia, New Zealand, China, Japan, all but three European countries (two of which are the founding heritages of Canada), any other Asian country, or Central or South American country. Yep, sure sounds like a major hate on for the US. :lol:
Now, why won't YOU tell us where you're from?!?
I got a hunch you are talking at Avro.

mrjoshua

Time Out
Aug 11, 2019
I personally don't think we're doing it the right way, but I'm not in Government.

Perhaps run for government?

I complain because he's a moron, he's a dangerous narcissist and a whole bunch of other reasons.

As I said, you can't change them or him.

I get a feeling that they are going to vote for him again or another... what is it? Republican?

I saw a portion of this debate between Democrats(?) who were asked if they would allow free healthcare to illegals, all said yes... I think they lost already.

I also 'complain' because the US has this inherent belief that their President is the Leader of the Free World.

Let them believe whatever they want to believe.

Would you get offended if I said I was King of Canada?

I feel it's also my right then to shit on the 'Leader' as needed.

Perhaps they shouldn't be Leader or what they call, world cop?

I thought millions have already died because of them? They should be stripped of the title!

I see it as the privilege of being family.

Oh enough with this family BS already.

Do what? Go balls to the wall and disengage from the US in a political and economical suicide that'd ruin Canada?

Did you forget about the choices I presented to you already?

Really, you have NO idea about what the situation is

I think I know more than you do.

think it's easy to just walk away.

It is. You just don't want to do it.

mrjoshua

Time Out
Aug 11, 2019
All that you will gain is a bunch of refugees that will be unable to sneak into Canada

Good enough reason to build a wall then and let them go.

Oh Curious Cdn, I am having trouble with a few of your countrymen here. They keep saying that Canada does and will not sever ties with the US no matter how evil it has become.

I have already offered them numerous countries as choices but still they reject it! I even brought in the Commonwealth and CANZUK and still they fight me over it...

I hope for the glory of Canada that this is not what the majority are like. Can you speak sense to them please?

NZDoug

Council Member
Jul 18, 2017
Big Bay, Awhitu, New Zealand
Good enough reason to build a wall then and let them go.
Oh Curious Cdn, I am having trouble with a few of your countrymen here. They keep saying that Canada does and will not sever ties with the US no matter how evil it has become.
I have already offered them numerous countries as choices but still they reject it! I even brought in the Commonwealth and CANZUK and still they fight me over it...
I hope for the glory of Canada that this is not what the majority are like. Can you speak sense to them please?
hey Josh,'the countries are fused at the waist.
It can t be separated.
Once were brothers, now USA is the disease n the bottom half.
Sing along!
"I don't need your ghetto scenes,
I don't kneed no war machine, now women,
just stay away"