$1.70 a litre in BC

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
$1.50 per liter in lower mainland today.... I'm paying $0.98

I can't believe that people in YVR don't do something about this

The inhabitants of Narnia by the Sea do not believe in oil...........................................

and they DO NOT ENJOY being laughed at...............................

just because they feel like being two faced HYPOCRITES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our idiot Boy is forcing the Narnians.........................

to evaluate their TRUE VALUES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Drivers fund the buses with fuel taxes. If drivers took the bus, fares would need to quadruple. That would take away funds for the moonbats morning latte and cause layoffs at Starbucks.

Driving is often pretty stupid in a place like Vancouver, unless you are a person who has to have transportation at the ready 24/7/365. What would owning an average sized car in Van. for work cost you a year? $8,000 - $10,000? That's counting depreciation, insurance fuel and parking and some maintenance depending on how often you trade it in. That's $22- $27 a day for 365 days. You could probably ride the bus for 5 days, take a taxi for 2 days and still have money left over. Added to that you don't have the worries about damages and vandalism.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Driving is often pretty stupid in a place like Vancouver, unless you are a person who has to have transportation at the ready 24/7/365. What would owning an average sized car in Van. for work cost you a year? $8,000 - $10,000? That's counting depreciation, insurance fuel and parking and some maintenance depending on how often you trade it in. That's $22- $27 a day for 365 days. You could probably ride the bus for 5 days, take a taxi for 2 days and still have money left over. Added to that you don't have the worries about damages and vandalism.
What is 8-16 hrs a week of free time to spend with your partner and kids worth in Vancouver?

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017

OH Joyless LIE-beral Monkey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That so many people INSIST on driving in spite of the cost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Says a few HARSH THINGS about public transit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And about LIE-beral chances of forcing people out of their cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As ALWAYS.......................................

STUPIDLY ARROGANT LIE-berals ALWAYS INSIST....................................

that we must OBEY LIE-beral demands........................................

that LIE-berals themselves REFUSE TO OBEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a LIE-beral MAROON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
How does sitting in traffic jams for an hour or more a day give you more free time?

LIE-berals and their HOG ALLIES.......................................

have the gravy they need to live CLOSE to their work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or else they have the luxury of travelling in OFF HOURS.......................................

thus such privileged people DO NOT sit in traffic jams like regular people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And THERE IS THE HEART of the problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIE-berals are working hard to force ordinary people out of their cars.....................................

and ONTO already overloaded and worn out - meaning prone to break downs.............................

public transit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIE-berals are so greedy and arrogant....................................

they refuse to build more transit..........................................

and simply assume there is something wrong with US...............................................

when we oppose idiot LIE-beral policy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
What is 8-16 hrs a week of free time to spend with your partner and kids worth in Vancouver?

In southern Ontari-owe...................................

as a SOLID RULE OF THUMB...................................................

taking public transit GENERALLY TAKES THREE TIMES LONGER.............................

than driving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Depending on where you are going.....................................

and on time of day you make the trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
How does sitting in traffic jams for an hour or more a day give you more free time?
I already laid it out on here. My commute from Coquitlam to Burnaby Mtn was 12.5km. 25minutes to drive 55 minutes by SkySlug and express buses.

30 min X 2 = 60 min.

Look on Google maps for yourself.

2800 Norman Ave Coquitlam to Earth Sciences Building SFU BBY.

Take note of how close I was to Coquitlam Center Station

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I already laid it out on here. My commute from Coquitlam to Burnaby Mtn was 12.5km. 25minutes to drive 55 minutes by SkySlug and express buses.
30 min X 2 = 60 min.
Look on Google maps for yourself.
2800 Norman Ave Coquitlam to Earth Sciences Building SFU BBY.
Take note of how close I was to Coquitlam Center Station
correction...I needed to adjust to the correct time of day.

I set my arrival time for 6:40 AM

By walk/bus/train at that time of day is 1:15 min travel time and driving average is 22 minutes

That's 50+ minutes saved in the AM. 50+ more minutes of sleep.

3L gas and $5 a day insurance Vs. 2 zone fare of $4.25 ea direction.

Last edited:

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
correction...I needed to adjust to the correct time of day.

I set my arrival time for 6:40 AM

By walk/bus/train at that time of day is 1:15 min travel time and driving average is 22 minutes

That's 50+ minutes saved in the AM. 50+ more minutes of sleep.

3L gas and $5 a day insurance Vs. 2 zone fare of $4.25 ea direction.

UH OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Better watch out petros..............................................

you will upset the LIE-berals with things like reason and logic...........................

and real time examples!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIE-berals do not like losing arguments at any time...............

and it ESPECIALLY GALLS THEM to lose............................

when there is no opportunity to TWIST FACTS AND ISSUE FAKE NEWS.......................................

in a usually FAILED EFFORT to protect their fragile egos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
UH OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Better watch out petros..............................................

you will upset the LIE-berals with things like reason and logic...........................

and real time examples!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIE-berals do not like losing arguments at any time...............

and it ESPECIALLY GALLS THEM to lose............................

when there is no opportunity to TWIST FACTS AND ISSUE FAKE NEWS.......................................

in a usually FAILED EFFORT to protect their fragile

egos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AS for transit trips in the Toronto/ GTA area.............................

the usual trip/ time ratio is 3 -1 meaning you take THREE TIMES LONGER ......................................

by bus than by car..............................................

UNLESS virtually all of your trip is by Go train or TTC subway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIE-berals KNOW VERY WELL that trips in buses over CLOGGED roads......................................

with the buses making MULTIPLE STOPS ALONG THE WAY......................................

TAKE FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which is why the public prefers to DRIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And it is why civil service union HOGS support LIE-beral transit crap plans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOGS DO NOT put in the hours of work that ordinary people do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And of course GRAVY GRABBING HOGS have the resources to LIVE CLOSER TO THEIR WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOGS ARE NOT suffering the same time crunch as ordinary Cdns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
AS for transit trips in the Toronto/ GTA area.............................

the usual trip/ time ratio is 3 -1 meaning you take THREE TIMES LONGER ......................................

Still using those ridiculous fonts and punctuation I see! You really are a "slow learner"! (the polite term for stupid)

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
Still using those ridiculous fonts and punctuation I see! You really are a "slow learner"! (the polite term for stupid)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still whining about fonts and punctuation......................................

because you lack any logical rebuttal of ANYTHING...............................

that I post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joyless LIE-beral Monkey HAS EVEN RUN OUT......................................................

OF FAKE NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Talk about Joyless LIE-beral being DISARMED in a battle of wits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017

Still whining about fonts and punctuation..................................

you really are witless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!