If Canadians hate the US, why doesn't Canada just sever ties with them?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I have never met an American that I haven't liked, personally.
even the ones who have marched me out of their homes because
I insulted the Marine Corps.
But, obfuscation creates a vacuum in reality of what America has and is doing.
Don’t you know that a war his going on?
Just some facts.
The U.S. military drops a bomb on average every 12 minutes.
The U.S. military burns on average 10million gallons of fuel daily.
As we communicate, the U.S. military is actively bombing 7 predominately Brown/Muslim countries.
More
You disapprove of the geopolitical power plays. Far from hate.

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
You do realize that the U.S. has not started any new wars under the present president . You cannot say that about the previous three . So what is it that the U.S. is doing that is so terrible ?

OH..............................................

That is a HARD QUESTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO LIE-beral will dare try to answer it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIE-berals will simply call you names............................

for asking questions they cannot answer coherently!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another good question would be::::::::::::::::::::::::;

"why do Cdn LIE-berals believe that civil service union HOGS are entitled to pay and pensions.............................

that are so much HIGHER than what other Cdns get?????????????????????

But LIE-berals cannot coherently answer that question either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Ever hear of Iceland. Ever hear how they cleared up their National Debt for good?? Do you understand why we would never be able to?
What could be done is Canadians in the north and West can show they are being ecomomically raped and the people are treated liked 3rd class citizens.
Put the present debt on the shoulders of the people living within a certain distance of the US border and have the US govern them like they do the island just off shore. The North can take out a loan from the WB through the UN and have them do a plan and the people can sign off after they make any changes they want and 'poof' $50B in debt for 100 years.

What would end is the free money to the ones in the south of Canada as well as the $50/bbl rebate the US presently gets on every drop of oil we export.
The terrible part is the north is being treated as a no man's land rather than there are people there who do have access to money and they can find all sorts of treasures in the 'land without a people'. Dot the area with NASA type instruments and the best locations are easy to find and the locals (all prospectors with valid business permits) would be the ones to look in all the hidden spots. With a small population at the start the needs are also small. The Canadian Government left every village in as bad of shape as possible so ground up rebuilds that make each village a stand alone community running at 21st century levels while still utilizing local resourses. (baked clay floors may turn out to be better than imported materials as they keep mice out as well as act as a conduit for the in-floor heat that using solar and goe-thermal means for the heating and cooling. Having the UN as the general Contractor means SNC is toast and southern Canada has no other experts, the UN is full of them and they are on good terms with the World Bank. With modernization being on the drawing board for most of the globe doing northern Canada as a showpiece would polish an image that is tarnished at the moment. The UN also all the connections to get it done sooner rather than later. A good deal when the people are the ones that can make or break a new diamond mine. AB did it with Social Credit after WWII. They could do nothing wrong for the next 20 years in the eyes of the voters. The north needs to float a loan at least that large and pay it back through a similar device that was the Heritage Trust fund. Giving the UN the financial reins would make things cheaper for the locals and in the time it takes to pay it off they can lean how to take over some/all/none of that end of the business. Open books would lead to full time employment for the admin as well as acting as a reference when they bid on other projects that are just as big because it brings a few people up to the standards set at the UN rather than sweat-shop owners. (like North America was from 1500AD) Max profits for as little investment as possible)

Did I mention the north is an ideal place for people in danger of facing war crimes? Their fight will be against the weather rather than any person so their grandchildren will have left all the shit behind. 3M 'home-steaders' who are farming fish in 3 decades, enough to feed 30M people annually and the catch grows every year. Everyone signing for a 50 year loan to show the UN that people are willing to move there if they can avoid the corruption that comes when Ontario and Quebec are calling the shots. (last 7 decades clearly show that and no signs of it ever ending)
Great , good for them .

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Nothing, especially world politics, is always so black and white. The grey areas will kill you, literally, if you don't do things right.

What about the US? They're turning into copies of other authoritarian dictatorships, BUT, there are still enough people in the US with common sense about not wanting to be like China, or North Korea, or Russia that I hope they overwhelm the idiocy of the ones who are great with it.

You have no understanding of world politics or the world period if you think any of this is simple.

This isn't like parents having a bad child or neighbors with an awful neighbor. What you're talking about affects EVERYONE, all over the world. Hell, even doing anything with CHINA has that same effect.

I am "biased" and "favor" the US because I know enough people from there that I hope they become the voice of reason, they and the millions like them, and actually somehow help the US out of this cluster**** that it's slowly turning into.

And justice may be applied to all, but justice - while we want it to be and hope it will be - is not equal.

It could be worse. I hope to the Gods it doesn't get so but that's why I have faith in those who aren't the wackadoodle types.

Trump is a moron, but he's a symptom of the disease, not the source. Making him more important than he is feeds into his blatant narcissism which is something I won't do.

Sadly, yes, despite the questions and so on behind it all, he 'won'. Now we see what a true shitshow he really is. But the 'wants of other countries' doesn't matter, because they are other countries.

On that I partly agree.

You are truly, truly naive to think this.

Again, symptom, not the disease. The US has been slowly falling apart for decades. What Trump has done is he's put a push, an accelerate on things to the point it's not being hidden anymore, it's all wide open. If he's done one thing good with his time in office, he's shown the US and the world just how rotten the US is in chunks of it's society.

... and yet... you're going off on people who see the good about the US along with the bad?

If the US electorate vote Trump in again, then what happens is, as it was in his first term, all on them. If the US falls, it's on them. If the US has a civil war, it's on them. If the US succeeds, it's on them. As with every election no matter who gets in office, the fate of the US is on the electorate who said 'okay' to that government.

That being said, now that we know what kind of monster is in the WH, I would hope that any relations with the US would become cooler, that some things would be more restrictive. But that is all up in the air, dependent on our own PM at the time, the feelings of our own electorate, and what happens with the US.
I respectfully disagree. Despite the crude edges and the hatred spewed towards him Mr. Trump is a true patriot trying to get political actors out of American public entities. You should be behind his efforts in that respect . He is also playing the press like a fiddle , as he did all through the primaries . There is no path in present day America for Trump or any other to create a dictatorship.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
OH..............................................

That is a HARD QUESTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO LIE-beral will dare try to answer it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIE-berals will simply call you names............................

for asking questions they cannot answer coherently!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another good question would be::::::::::::::::::::::::;

"why do Cdn LIE-berals believe that civil service union HOGS are entitled to pay and pensions.............................

that are so much HIGHER than what other Cdns get?????????????????????

But LIE-berals cannot coherently answer that question either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No kidding , but don’t worry plans are in the books to strike for more .

NZDoug

Council Member
Jul 18, 2017
Big Bay, Awhitu, New Zealand
So you hate America . To bad , go suck a rope .
AAAH, WE STRIKE A NERVE.
XLNT!
The cancer that is poisoning the world.
ESTABLISH FOUR CORE MISSIONS for U.S. military forces:
• defend the American homeland;
• fight and decisively win multiple, simultaneous major theater wars;
• perform the “constabulary” duties associated with shaping the security environment in
critical regions;
• transform U.S. forces to exploit the “revolution in military affairs;”
To carry out these core missions, we need to provide sufficient force and budgetary
allocations. In particular, the United States must:
MAINTAIN NUCLEAR STRATEGIC SUPERIORITY, basing the U.S. nuclear deterrent upon a
global, nuclear net assessment that weighs the full range of current and emerging threats, not merely the U.S.-Russia balance.
RESTORE THE PERSONNEL STRENGTH of today’s force to roughly the levels anticipated in the “Base Force” outlined by the Bush Administration, an increase in active-duty strength
from 1.4 million to 1.6 million.
REPOSITION U.S. FORCES to respond to 21st century strategic realities by shifting permanently-based forces to Southeast Europe and Southeast Asia, and by changing naval deployment patterns to reflect growing U.S. strategic concerns in East Asia.
more
https://web.archive.org/web/2009080...cancentury.org/RebuildingAmericasDefenses.pdf

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
AAAH, WE STRIKE A NERVE.
XLNT!
The cancer that is poisoning the world.
ESTABLISH FOUR CORE MISSIONS for U.S. military forces:
• defend the American homeland;
• fight and decisively win multiple, simultaneous major theater wars;
• perform the “constabulary” duties associated with shaping the security environment in
critical regions;
• transform U.S. forces to exploit the “revolution in military affairs;”
To carry out these core missions, we need to provide sufficient force and budgetary
allocations. In particular, the United States must:
MAINTAIN NUCLEAR STRATEGIC SUPERIORITY, basing the U.S. nuclear deterrent upon a
global, nuclear net assessment that weighs the full range of current and emerging threats, not merely the U.S.-Russia balance.
RESTORE THE PERSONNEL STRENGTH of today’s force to roughly the levels anticipated in the “Base Force” outlined by the Bush Administration, an increase in active-duty strength
from 1.4 million to 1.6 million.
REPOSITION U.S. FORCES to respond to 21st century strategic realities by shifting permanently-based forces to Southeast Europe and Southeast Asia, and by changing naval deployment patterns to reflect growing U.S. strategic concerns in East Asia.
more
https://web.archive.org/web/2009080...cancentury.org/RebuildingAmericasDefenses.pdf
Whatever , you’re safe down in nowhere land .

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
You can see why I prefer you do your own research rather than offering you 'gut instinct' in place of 'hard facts'. Somebody from the West would see a relationship between grain and sugar cane. We lost the war they won. We grow what we are tole when we are told, hemp being banned is an example of how much of a fight we don't ever put up.
Idiot. Canada banned marijuana and hemp BEFORE the US did. Keep it up. You're showing you know even less about Canada than mrjoshy.

mrjoshua

Time Out
Aug 11, 2019
Democracy isn't quite as simple as "majority rules".

Sir, it is and that's how it is supposed to be.

Why? You're already presuming to speak for the majority of Canadians.

I am not presuming, I know I am speaking for the majority of you. Don't believe it? Well, that's your problem!

No, it's not. You just don't like the result.

No. I don't like how Canada is not doing anything.

On top of that, you blow off China killing millions of it own people as something that's irrelevant because it happened a "long time ago" And yet think something that happened in 1812 that had nothing to do with Canada as a nation is STILL highly relevant over 200 years later.

You are right. Let's not use past sins as examples. Let's focus on today for tomorrow.

mrjoshua

Time Out
Aug 11, 2019
I'm sorry, did we ask for the advice of some internet nobody who won't say where he's from?

I'm not giving you advice, I'm giving Canadians advice.

Also sir, why are you so angry? If everything I'm saying is false, it shouldn't affect you at all. You are angry because you know that what I'm saying is correct. You cannot accept it or try to deny it in attempt to mask what is truly going on in your country.

It's like Hitler in his final days, still in denial that Germany has lost, still rejecting the idea of surrender.

Oh and I'm from Australia.

I'm pretty sure Canada didn't send you an e-mail begging you to help us "fix our problem".

No but perhaps because of your anger, Canadians never thought of a way to fix your problem.

You need to understand you're not Canadian and what we do or how we deal with our neighbours is none of your f*cking business.

No, I know that but I'm sure outsiders are allowed to give out advice.

So it's still ranked 5th with Canadians despite your anti-American rhetoric and attempt to paint Canadians as anti-American.

There were only 5 choices after all. Add another 5 and it would probably be 9th. Add another 90 and it would be 99th.

mrjoshua

Time Out
Aug 11, 2019
Nothing, especially world politics, is always so black and white. The grey areas will kill you, literally, if you don't do things right.

I see. I can see through you! You just want to make it complicated!

They're turning into copies of other authoritarian dictatorships,

Good enough reason to let them go.

BUT, there are still enough people in the US with common sense about not wanting to be like China, or North Korea, or Russia

Sir, if they wanted their problems fixed, they would have done it a long time ago. Also I've read somewhere that the majority of them are pretty happy or they have the common sense to know that fighting will only end up destroying everything they value. They've seen the living conditions of other countries and realize to themselves how luck they are to be living in the US.

They still have faith in their government, no matter how much they complain about it. I asked on city-data "if the US is a terrible place, why don't Americans dismantle it?" and many said that they still believe in America... so...

Good enough reason to let them go of them I guess.

You have no understanding of world politics or the world period if you think any of this is simple.

No it is simple. It's simple human behavior just that there are plenty of humans involved!

North Korea wishes that every single American would die, correct? I mean, they absolutely hate the US! Same with Iran? So what do they do? Do they have relations with the US? Do they trade with it? Does the US have an embassy in their countries and vice versa? And they exist! They are doing fine! Some hardships here and there but nothing they can overcome! What about Canada?

What you're talking about affects EVERYONE, all over the world. Hell, even doing anything with CHINA has that same effect.

Yes but everyone will have to deal with it in their own ways.

And no, what China or any other country out there does, will not affect the world necessarily. Have you heard about the South China Sea dispute?

I am "biased" and "favor" the US - justice may be applied to all, but justice - while we want it to be and hope it will be - is not equal.

With this attitude of yours, it won't be. Good thing you don't work for the law.

Trump is a moron, but he's a symptom of the disease, not the source.

An incurable disease?

Also to the Canadian who claimed that I have no right to give advice to Canadians, what right do you Canadians have to interfere in your neighbor's decisions? Remember, the US is a sovereign nation, just like Canada.

The US has been slowly falling apart for decades.

You know that and you still hope?

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
I see. I can see through you! You just want to make it complicated!

No, the world makes things complicated, I just acknowledge the fact that there isn't black and white, but grey all over.

Good enough reason to let them go.

Turning into doesn't mean they are, they still can be 'saved', as it were. We'll see though this next election if that hope is viable any longer or not.

Sir, if they wanted their problems fixed, they would have done it a long time ago. Also I've read somewhere that the majority of them are pretty happy or they have the common sense to know that fighting will only end up destroying everything they value. They've seen the living conditions of other countries and realize to themselves how luck they are to be living in the US.

Actually, I agree with both these ideas.

They still have faith in their government, no matter how much they complain about it. I asked on city-data "if the US is a terrible place, why don't Americans dismantle it?" and many said that they still believe in America... so...

Because they still have hope.

Good enough reason to let them go of them I guess.

Why, because there are people who still have hope the US can be a decent nation? So do you disregard everything that doesn't fulfill your idea of instant gratification, or just nations? Again, politics is a game of patients, of evolution, of more than just black and white and you have no idea what so ever about the truth of it if you think otherwise.

No it is simple. It's simple human behavior just that there are plenty of humans involved!

See above.

North Korea wishes that every single American would die, correct? I mean, they absolutely hate the US! Same with Iran? So what do they do? Do they have relations with the US? Do they trade with it? Does the US have an embassy in their countries and vice versa? And they exist! They are doing fine! Some hardships here and there but nothing they can overcome! What about Canada?

"Some hardships"? Wow, that's a SERIOUSLY gross understatement of things. "They are doing fine"???? Blind much?

Also, Canadians may complain, we may gripe, we may even be disgusted by the US, but it's not a level of hate that Iran or other countries like them have. There is a huge difference between how we feel and how they feel.

Yes but everyone will have to deal with it in their own ways.

And no, what China or any other country out there does, will not affect the world necessarily. Have you heard about the South China Sea dispute?

Of course I have. You can't tell me that it doesn't affect the rest of the world. It does. Your ignorance of how isn't my issue however, but yours to correct.

With this attitude of yours, it won't be. Good thing you don't work for the law.

Yes, good thing, because I would have left long ago considering how much injustice there is compared to actual justice. The empathy I feel for others wouldn't tolerate the hardships.

An incurable disease?

Also to the Canadian who claimed that I have no right to give advice to Canadians, what right do you Canadians have to interfere in your neighbor's decisions? Remember, the US is a sovereign nation, just like Canada.

You know that and you still hope?

Perhaps he is, we'll have to be patient and wait and see.

What decisions are Canadians interfering with when it comes to the US? Hell, we kowtow to the US more than we 'interfere' with them. The whole China issue we have currently is directly because we upheld the request of the US to arrest and transfer an executive for Huawei to them, yet the US won't take the prisoner and keeps putting us in the middle. IMO we should let the woman go and if the US complains, tell them they had their chance but blew it.

But overall, yes, I still have hope, because not having hope, and thinking of the worst the US could be, scares the crap out of me due to what it means for Canada and the world.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Sir, it is and that's how it is supposed to be.
In matters of general personal or public opinion? I'm afraid not.
I am not presuming, I know I am speaking for the majority of you.
You're not Canadian. You don't speak for one single citizen in this country let alone any kind of majority, period.
Don't believe it? Well, that's your problem!
Actually dumbass, you proved the opposite with your gay little infographic. Your claim is the majority of Canadians hate the US yet your infographic shows the US as the Canada's 5th choice as a neighbour. That's 5th out of 195. Ergo, the US is preferred over countries like Australia, New Zealand, China, Japan, all but three European countries (two of which are the founding heritages of Canada), any other Asian country, or Central or South American country. Yep, sure sounds like a major hate on for the US. :lol:

Now, why won't YOU tell us where you're from?!?