Capitalism will save this world

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
The end of capitalism has begun

Without us noticing, we are entering the postcapitalist era. At the heart of further change to come is information technology, new ways of working and the sharing economy. The old ways will take a long while to disappear, but it’s time to be utopian
The red flags and marching songs of Syriza during the Greek crisis, plus the expectation that the banks would be nationalised, revived briefly a 20th-century dream: the forced destruction of the market from above. For much of the 20th century this was how the left conceived the first stage of an economy beyond capitalism. The force would be applied by the working class, either at the ballot box or on the barricades. The lever would be the state. The opportunity would come through frequent episodes of economic collapse.

More: https://www.theguardian.com/books/2015/jul/17/postcapitalism-end-of-capitalism-begun

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
The end of capitalism has begun

Without us noticing, we are entering the postcapitalist era. At the heart of further change to come is information technology, new ways of working and the sharing economy. The old ways will take a long while to disappear, but it’s time to be utopian
The red flags and marching songs of Syriza during the Greek crisis, plus the expectation that the banks would be nationalised, revived briefly a 20th-century dream: the forced destruction of the market from above. For much of the 20th century this was how the left conceived the first stage of an economy beyond capitalism. The force would be applied by the working class, either at the ballot box or on the barricades. The lever would be the state. The opportunity would come through frequent episodes of economic collapse.

More: https://www.theguardian.com/books/2015/jul/17/postcapitalism-end-of-capitalism-begun

Talk about being in someone's head... you keep redding just about every post I make. I'm rent free in your head, Wally.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I thought they ran a mill
They had a Saw Mill. They were into manufacturing, not hard workers like resource extractors. Manufacturers like the Waltons were just freeloaders riding on the shoulders of the loggers who do all the REAL work.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Is Capitalism Moral?
https://www.prageru.com/video/is-capitalism-moral/

Williams at his most sagacious.
As moral as any other entity that used to start the news off with a body count? Now it is the 3rd article and only the dead and wounded other side is counted, sometimes even before the dust has settled there is an accurate count that will never change. (until nobody cares and then the historians will put in whatever numbers fits the agenda best)

How moral will people be when doing whatever it takes to get the most is the only parameter that is measured? (behind closed doors as doing it in the open would have everybody hung by sundown of the same day) At some point 'become better liars' has to be looked at as not being the only option on the table.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
They had a Saw Mill. They were into manufacturing, not hard workers like resource extractors. Manufacturers like the Waltons were just freeloaders riding on the shoulders of the loggers who do all the REAL work.
The acid test would be who owned the General Store as it would be the same ones that owned the Mill. The Doctors and Judges would also be 'kin'.

Pullman: Labor, Race, and the Urban Landscape in a Company Town ...

https://medium.com/coinmonks/unplugging-from-the-fiat-matrix-b5a194e9442d

Last edited:

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Talk about being in someone's head... you keep redding just about every post I make. I'm rent free in your head, Wally.
. . . only if that makes you special, if he does that to everybody (he does that to everybody) that is just Walter being a Walnut. He stopped as soon as I started a thread asking him if he was feeling okay. . . . Human trafficking is a PM only subject apparently, mothers selling children specifically will help him find something else to waste his time on.

He gets nervous when Wall St might tank and he is on the outside looking in. He will be as vulnerable as it gets so 'be gentle' don't want him checking out early, right Walnut??

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Average worker on this planet makes $2 a day and you have the audacity to bitch about getting $30 a day for sitting on your ass?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I get more than that an hour to sit on my azz. Course I have to pull levers while I sit there.
Wouldnt you prefer 8 cents an hour? You could sit up all night watching youtube conspiracy theory videos and shift through fascistbook memes to post on here before going to bed for the day.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

Meanwhile they pay their employees minimum wage and the government has to subsidize the employees so they can pay their bills. Something really phukked up about this.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek

Meanwhile they pay their employees minimum wage and the government has to subsidize the employees so they can pay their bills. Something really phukked up about this.

Cliffy nobody was complaining during the big recession when they were the largest American employer

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

How much does Walmart in Canada pay?
Average Walmart hourly pay ranges from approximately $11.00 per hour for Claims Associate to $23.37 per hour for Local Driver. The average Walmart salary ranges from approximately $23,452 per year for Unloader to $89,686 per year for Co-manager.
Salary information comes from 2,395 data points collected directly from employees, users, and past and present job advertisements on Indeed in the past 36 months.
Please note that all salary figures are approximations based upon third party submissions to Indeed. These figures are given to the Indeed users for the purpose of generalized comparison only. Minimum wage may differ by jurisdiction and you should consult the employer for actual salary figures.

Not working at Walmart $0 per hour.