efficient shipping

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
If beer cans were rectangular rather the tubeular a greater volumne of beer could be shipped in with attached to a tractorstandard tractore trailor trailor , much of my evening was spent arguing with my retarded brother intiullectualizing ove rhtis problem. You don,t want TO PAY FOR ANY SPACE NOT OCCUPIED BY BEER. i SUGGESTED A SQUARE BEEER CAN AND HE WENT APE SHIT, he couldn,t envision a rectangular beer can enginered to fill the total volume of that rectangular trailor. He,ll have to be institutionalized.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
Truckers get paid for shipping empty space the weight and volume are out of sync. Why isn,t beer shipped in tank cars? I don,t actually know that it isn,t of course. Beer containers must have FOUR corners and completely fill a standard trailor, no voids. Beer boxes should be square or rectangular and the cans should comply, rectangular as well, the correction is to fill the trailor with beer and eliminate any void space. Rectangular beer cans are environmently necessities. I will raise this issue with the Canadian government next time I,m in Ottawa. I,m convinced they,ll see the merit in this adjustment.

Last edited:

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
Why has transport Canada negleged this adjustment thus far. It might possibly take me ten or fifteen seconds to adapt to the square beer can. I will make this AN ELECTION ISSUE.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Geez, one would think these old BA solvent and naptha cans would be perfect.

Now, if we just had a square pot dishwasher...

Now that we have all the spaces filled up, the only problem left for the train drivers to work out is the finer points of navigation. WE simply can't have them getting lost if they are shipping beer.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
If beer cans were rectangular rather the tubeular a greater volumne of beer could be shipped in with attached to a tractorstandard tractore trailor trailor , much of my evening was spent arguing with my retarded brother intiullectualizing ove rhtis problem. You don,t want TO PAY FOR ANY SPACE NOT OCCUPIED BY BEER. i SUGGESTED A SQUARE BEEER CAN AND HE WENT APE SHIT, he couldn,t envision a rectangular beer can enginered to fill the total volume of that rectangular trailor. He,ll have to be institutionalized.

LOL, what would happen if we told him to go create a piss document in the corner...of a tanker? That might keep him busy while us adults work this out in a civilized manner. We can call the doctors in the morning when their regular time rates are lowest.
:)
No sense blowing all the money we are going to save on beer spaces on someone else's medical bills.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
If they were lower, stubbier cylindricals with a lower base-to-apex ratio,less likely to top over, that were the same from brewery to brewery, think how efficient THAT would be.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
You have trouble keeping the tall cans upright eh?
;)
let me tell you a secret: after you pay for it, they don't care if you spill it in your lap.

Now THAT'S marketing.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
You have trouble keeping the tall cans upright eh?
;)
let me tell you a secret: after you pay for it, they don't care if you spill it in your lap.
Now THAT'S marketing.
Do you have a special "pelican big" with Labatt's 50 printed on it?

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Garden dwarfs should never pay full fare.
:)
If they can be stacked to pass an IQ test, they should be allowed to be tetra packed into an economy class jumper seat.