If Canadians hate the US, why doesn't Canada just sever ties with them?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Spread the word but I don't think it will do anything. These Canadians are stubborn and in a way, I think I can see through them.

Also, Canada and the world has got to stop these evils the US is doing.... so Canada, are you going to do something?
Do I ? No . But you can Fu-k off any time . Take the Kiwi with you .

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
There is, yes.

Three words - human rights violations.

And that's not counting all the other reasons to dislike and totally distrust China.

Actually, not true.

https://sppga.ubc.ca/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2019/03/analysis.pubop_.report.13march19.pdf

What pew research poll showed China better than the US in approval in Canada?

If I was in the minority, then yes, you're right, and I'd not like it but I'd go with it. But since it's likely that you're wrong about China...

I don't know, I won't know until the day comes. For now I just continue on continuing on, which includes worrying for my US friends and family and keep hoping that the US comes back to its senses and stops the bullshit it's doing now.

Been there, done that and walked away then, too. I've let the US go as much as I, personally, an amble to, by refusing to go there and buying anything but US when I have a choice. But the issue is, we DON'T have choices sometimes.

Honestly, I think if it came down to it, Canada WOULD walk away from the US if things got that bad. They're bad now, yes, but it's not to the level of so bad there is no changing/going back. There are enough people in the US who actually dislike how things are now that it can be changed back to sense. Cutting off our noses to spite or faces, or shooting ourselves in the foot, won't do squat at this point. Sometimes you need patience and this is one of those times.
You do realize that the U.S. has not started any new wars under the present president . You cannot say that about the previous three . So what is it that the U.S. is doing that is so terrible ?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
This is a fair and reasonable approach only it will not work with a country who has a leader who constantly lies to embarrass or humiliate anything that distracts to what he is saying at that point in time.
The theft of Jerusalem is visible to all and the Muslim, Buddhah Bros. know it, China and the Oriental Club know it, and American foreign policy is shedding allies left, right and centre(center).
Lets all sing the national Drone Anthem, and give it an award for Freedom and Democracy.
"Bug Splat Me ,Baby".
So you hate America . To bad , go suck a rope .

mrjoshua

Time Out
Aug 11, 2019
This is a fair and reasonable approach only it will not work with a country who has a leader who constantly lies to embarrass or humiliate anything that distracts to what he is saying at that point in time.
The theft of Jerusalem is visible to all and the Muslim, Buddhah Bros. know it, China and the Oriental Club know it, and American foreign policy is shedding allies left, right and centre(center).
Lets all sing the national Drone Anthem, and give it an award for Freedom and Democracy.
"Bug Splat Me ,Baby".
Don't listen to these minorities Kiwi.

Remember, the majority are in charge!

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
You think so?

Haters gonna hate. The same ones who hate Americans probably already hate Canadians of other political parties, other provinces, fans of other hockey teams, Canadians of other races, &c.

They can hate Americans just as easily from behind a wall, so why bother to build the wall?
You must know that "envy" and "jealousy" comes out in some people as hatred........

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Maybe not all but majority definitely.
And that's another thing, in a democracy like Canada's, the minority will have to respect what the majority want regardless of whether what the majority wants is good or bad! That is how a functioning democracy works! It is this functioning democracy that made Canada the prosperous nation that it is where people from all over the world can call home.
Actually what you just described is mob rule.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
You do realize that the U.S. has not started any new wars under the present president . You cannot say that about the previous three . So what is it that the U.S. is doing that is so terrible ?
Putting the wants and needs of American voters first. Doesn't fit with the NWO mantra.
Unlike TrudOWE, who is a national embarrassment and creates friction between the regions in Canada.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Ever hear of Iceland. Ever hear how they cleared up their National Debt for good?? Do you understand why we would never be able to?
What could be done is Canadians in the north and West can show they are being ecomomically raped and the people are treated liked 3rd class citizens.
Put the present debt on the shoulders of the people living within a certain distance of the US border and have the US govern them like they do the island just off shore. The North can take out a loan from the WB through the UN and have them do a plan and the people can sign off after they make any changes they want and 'poof' $50B in debt for 100 years.

What would end is the free money to the ones in the south of Canada as well as the $50/bbl rebate the US presently gets on every drop of oil we export.
The terrible part is the north is being treated as a no man's land rather than there are people there who do have access to money and they can find all sorts of treasures in the 'land without a people'. Dot the area with NASA type instruments and the best locations are easy to find and the locals (all prospectors with valid business permits) would be the ones to look in all the hidden spots. With a small population at the start the needs are also small. The Canadian Government left every village in as bad of shape as possible so ground up rebuilds that make each village a stand alone community running at 21st century levels while still utilizing local resourses. (baked clay floors may turn out to be better than imported materials as they keep mice out as well as act as a conduit for the in-floor heat that using solar and goe-thermal means for the heating and cooling. Having the UN as the general Contractor means SNC is toast and southern Canada has no other experts, the UN is full of them and they are on good terms with the World Bank. With modernization being on the drawing board for most of the globe doing northern Canada as a showpiece would polish an image that is tarnished at the moment. The UN also all the connections to get it done sooner rather than later. A good deal when the people are the ones that can make or break a new diamond mine. AB did it with Social Credit after WWII. They could do nothing wrong for the next 20 years in the eyes of the voters. The north needs to float a loan at least that large and pay it back through a similar device that was the Heritage Trust fund. Giving the UN the financial reins would make things cheaper for the locals and in the time it takes to pay it off they can lean how to take over some/all/none of that end of the business. Open books would lead to full time employment for the admin as well as acting as a reference when they bid on other projects that are just as big because it brings a few people up to the standards set at the UN rather than sweat-shop owners. (like North America was from 1500AD) Max profits for as little investment as possible)

Did I mention the north is an ideal place for people in danger of facing war crimes? Their fight will be against the weather rather than any person so their grandchildren will have left all the shit behind. 3M 'home-steaders' who are farming fish in 3 decades, enough to feed 30M people annually and the catch grows every year. Everyone signing for a 50 year loan to show the UN that people are willing to move there if they can avoid the corruption that comes when Ontario and Quebec are calling the shots. (last 7 decades clearly show that and no signs of it ever ending)

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Putting the wants and needs of American voters first. Doesn't fit with the NWO mantra.
Unlike TrudOWE, who is a national embarrassment and creates friction between the regions in Canada.
Canada joined both World Wars in support of a foreign Nation, the US did the same thing. Ontario works for the interests of the UK, Quebec works for the interests of France, neither is interested in 'Voters' other than they are a workforce and the only ones called up in a war to serve on the front lines. The ones that create the wars are always a long way from the front line in what is known as 'a Bunker'. When there isn't a war they are the 'poor' and 'homeless' so others can justify having a job that pays then to be babysitters.

The NWO is bigger than the US, think of all the companies on the globe that are listed on a Stock Market as belonging to the IMF, that all do just what the IMF wants. What changes coming will be what the 'orders' are. Northern Canada hiring them is a better deal for them in the long run than having lower Canada keep the north as close to extinction as possible. The fines awarded by an international court would fund the repairs and reconstruction and then some and Lower Canada wouldn't see a penny of it come back to them.

JT is young and this is his first term. Canada will follow what the US and the UK are doing, Northern Canada has a strong court case against Ottawa and all of Southern Canada going back 70 years. Ottawa for taking orders and the rest for knowing what was going on and letting the abuse get worse and still say nothing. Give him 4 years after his handlers are being handled like the crooks they are'

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
YES! Because, again, that is how a functioning democracy works!
Actually it's not. Democracy isn't quite as simple as "majority rules".
Speak for yourself! I want to hear the rest of Canadians!
Why? You're already presuming to speak for the majority of Canadians.
That's different!
No, it's not. You just don't like the result.
And sir, stop lying to yourself and embarrassing your own people at the same time! You are not family! You may come from one nation but that doesn't make you family! And if you are still convinced by this ridiculous idea, perhaps it was forgotten or never thought of in 1812?
You know f*ck all about the War of 1812. Canada wasn't a country in 1812 it was still British North America. The War of 1812 was also continuation of America's War for Independence. On top of that, you blow off China killing millions of it own people as something that's irrelevant because it happened a "long time ago" And yet think something that happened in 1812 that had nothing to do with Canada as a nation is STILL highly relevant over 200 years later. So 70 years ago is a long time ago but 200 years ago is like yesterday.
If you have read my posts carefully instead of getting upset, you would see that I laid out some example nations or groups of nations?
And if you had read my posts carefully instead of looking for ways to cherry pick, you'll note I addressed those "ideas" in a different post.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
First of all sir, calm down. Anger doesn't solve anything!
And no. I am here to give the Canadian people advice on how to deal with their neighbor.
I'm sorry, did we ask for the advice of some internet nobody who won't say where he's from?
The trouble has already been stirred up. Now, I want to help fix it.
Nah, you're just stirring it more. I'm pretty sure Canada didn't send you an e-mail begging you to help us "fix our problem".
You need to understand that you are just one person. There are 37,000,000 more of you, what about their voice?
You need to understand you're not Canadian and what we do or how we deal with our neighbours is none of your f*cking business.

It did get a <50% vote, so.....
So it's still ranked 5th with Canadians despite your anti-American rhetoric and attempt to paint Canadians as anti-American.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
I have already mentioned numerous times, YOU DO HAVE A CHOICE! You just seem to deny it or don't see it.

Nothing, especially world politics, is always so black and white. The grey areas will kill you, literally, if you don't do things right.

And I'm sorry but you criticize the Chinese for its human rights violation but what about the violations your precious US has committed?

What about the US? They're turning into copies of other authoritarian dictatorships, BUT, there are still enough people in the US with common sense about not wanting to be like China, or North Korea, or Russia that I hope they overwhelm the idiocy of the ones who are great with it.

You are bias and you favor the US because... they came from the same people you did? Both your countries are integrated? What other reasons have your pro-yankee countrymen said around here? Are these valid reasons? I thought in Canada, justice is equal and applied to all?

You have no understanding of world politics or the world period if you think any of this is simple.

This isn't like parents having a bad child or neighbors with an awful neighbor. What you're talking about affects EVERYONE, all over the world. Hell, even doing anything with CHINA has that same effect.

I am "biased" and "favor" the US because I know enough people from there that I hope they become the voice of reason, they and the millions like them, and actually somehow help the US out of this cluster**** that it's slowly turning into.

And justice may be applied to all, but justice - while we want it to be and hope it will be - is not equal.

Dear, it is bad and it has been bad for a long time now, otherwise, your fellow country wouldn't be complaining too much and the world too. Stop being naive! They are not going to change! They are not going to listen! They are not going to mend their errors. They are not going to become better people!

It could be worse. I hope to the Gods it doesn't get so but that's why I have faith in those who aren't the wackadoodle types.

How? Does this have something to do with Trump?

Trump is a moron, but he's a symptom of the disease, not the source. Making him more important than he is feeds into his blatant narcissism which is something I won't do.

Sir, like in Canada, where the minority has to respect what the majority wants, the wants of other people from other countries also need to be respected.

The American people elected him in. He went through the process of getting elected. Yes it was not the majority who voted him in but in their system of government, he won! Fair and square!

Sadly, yes, despite the questions and so on behind it all, he 'won'. Now we see what a true shitshow he really is. But the 'wants of other countries' doesn't matter, because they are other countries.

And stop with these Russian conspiracy nonsense already.

On that I partly agree.

NOW, if Canadians and the world cannot accept and respect that, too bad. You cannot force them do anything. That is why I propose that Canada and the world just sever ties instead. Just isolate the US already! And hopefully by then, the world will be happier and more peaceful.

You are truly, truly naive to think this.

It is strange that people say that the US is falling apart because of Trump. I came across a comment from an Australian saying that the American people are not ready for democracy.... no... they are and were ready. Instead of massive protests and riots and just all around civil disorder erupting all over the country, those who did not vote for him respected those who did and said "next election." That is how a functioning democracy works.

Again, symptom, not the disease. The US has been slowly falling apart for decades. What Trump has done is he's put a push, an accelerate on things to the point it's not being hidden anymore, it's all wide open. If he's done one thing good with his time in office, he's shown the US and the world just how rotten the US is in chunks of it's society.

See? I am not anti-US and not bias at all. I see the good and the bad things on both sides.

... and yet... you're going off on people who see the good about the US along with the bad?

Oh and sir, what if the American people voted him in again? Will you then consider my proposal?

If the US electorate vote Trump in again, then what happens is, as it was in his first term, all on them. If the US falls, it's on them. If the US has a civil war, it's on them. If the US succeeds, it's on them. As with every election no matter who gets in office, the fate of the US is on the electorate who said 'okay' to that government.

That being said, now that we know what kind of monster is in the WH, I would hope that any relations with the US would become cooler, that some things would be more restrictive. But that is all up in the air, dependent on our own PM at the time, the feelings of our own electorate, and what happens with the US.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
It wasn't the electorate that put Trump in office it was the electoral college

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I'm sorry, did we ask for the advice of some internet nobody who won't say where he's from?
Most of the regular members are a bit leary of saying where they are from.

Nah, you're just stirring it more. I'm pretty sure Canada didn't send you an e-mail begging you to help us "fix our problem".
According to most 'Canadians' here we don't have any problems, internal or external, other than Canadians asking too much about Canada's recent history, let alone going all the way back to 1867.

You need to understand you're not Canadian and what we do or how we deal with our neighbours is none of your f*cking business.

You need to understand that you don't speak for all of Canada, let alone all Canadians. Sometimes a POV from somebody that is detached might have some valid points. You certainly gobble up everything Israel says what Canada should and should not be doing. Cuba is an example of how we have always bowed to the smallest amount of external influence.
In dealing with the US it first has to be established just what the current relationship is like. If we were Americans we would have a better income and quality of life in general.

So it's still ranked 5th with Canadians despite your anti-American rhetoric and attempt to paint Canadians as anti-American.
We are anti-Russian for no reason,

we are anti-Iran for no reason,

we are anti-Cuba for no reason,

we are anti-Venezuela with no reason

etc, other than we are 'friends with anybody belonging to NATO/

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
It wasn't the electorate that put Trump in office it was the electoral college
Doing EXACTLY what they're supposed to do. Give weight to votes in lightly populated states. We've been through this before. Scrapping the Electoral College would mean a similar situation that Canada has. Whereas in Canada, Ontario and Quebec pretty much decide who's going to win a federal election, it would be New York, Florida, Texas and California deciding the direction of the US.

You would think that for someone like you whose vote really doesn't count for shit because of where you live and the system we have, you'd have less of a problem with the Electoral College in the US doing the job it was created to do.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Most of the regular members are a bit leary of saying where they are from.
Don't care which city or his personal address. Just the country.

You need to understand that you don't speak for all of Canada, let alone all Canadians. Sometimes a POV from somebody that is detached might have some valid points.
Stirring up shit between usually friendly neighbours isn't a valid point.
You certainly gobble up everything Israel says what Canada should and should not be doing.
Strawman. Supporting Israel's right to exist and pointing out the f*cking war crimes and crimes against humanity that you anti-Jewish f*cks conveniently ignore from Palestine isn't gobbling up everything Israel says about anything.
Cuba is an example of how we have always bowed to the smallest amount of external influence.
How's that? Canadians have been traveling to and trading with Cuba for decades. Actually since the 18th century. We never bowed to US pressure when it came to Cuba.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Nothing, especially world politics, is always so black and white. The grey areas will kill you, literally, if you don't do things right.
Most issues can be that simple, if they cannot they are either complex or there are lies involved, in either case an effort should be made to determine what the case is.

What about the US? They're turning into copies of other authoritarian dictatorships, BUT, there are still enough people in the US with common sense about not wanting to be like China, or North Korea, or Russia that I hope they overwhelm the idiocy of the ones who are great with it.
The US became as controlled in 1929 as England was after 1815, both had their business sector crashed and then it was bought foo for a penny what used to be $100. When it happens like clockwork you are being robbed, America cannot rob herself.

You have no understanding of world politics or the world period if you think any of this is simple.
There are lots of summations published already, pick a few that promotes your view. Feel free to highlight the important parts.

If the US electorate vote Trump in again, then what happens is, as it was in his first term, all on them. If the US falls, it's on them. If the US has a civil war, it's on them. If the US succeeds, it's on them. As with every election no matter who gets in office, the fate of the US is on the electorate who said 'okay' to that government.
It can't be 'all on them' if trump is a rebel and he is making all the decisions, good and bad alike.

That being said, now that we know what kind of monster is in the WH, I would hope that any relations with the US would become cooler, that some things would be more restrictive. But that is all up in the air, dependent on our own PM at the time, the feelings of our own electorate, and what happens with the US.
This is who Gentiles bow to.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Canadians have been traveling to and trading with Cuba for decades. Actually since the 18th century. We never bowed to US pressure when it came to Cuba.
You can see why I prefer you do your own research rather than offering you 'gut instinct' in place of 'hard facts'. Somebody from the West would see a relationship between grain and sugar cane. We lost the war they won. We grow what we are tole when we are told, hemp being banned is an example of how much of a fight we don't ever put up.

Compare the dollar amounts.
Cuba is where on the list below?

The rant that was the rest of your post sounds a bit racist in all honesty, . . . .