ABEXIT - is it time for Alberta to think about leaving Canada?

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
If BC doesn't allow them to transit their land with a pipeline, the oil continues to go South, except that the Americans will not stand for any sort of surcharge from Alberta, slapped on it. So they will get less for their oil, less political clout as a 51st and not particularly rich, powerful nor populace state.

I can hear the complaining, already. "It's so unfair! It's our Right to be rich!"

No Fed taxes to Ottawa heavily offsets that situation

The ice cap is advancing, remember?

Ice free North pole since 2013... haven't you heard?

Yup after being forced in Canada why wouldn't it be?

No Crown = No Treaties

No Treaties = Freedom.

The Dene would love to get rid of the Cree who invaded their land and took them slaves.

No Fed taxes.. Can you imagine the new found profitability with an extra +30% cash in your jeans?

I Think that you should be rounded up and arrested for sedition.

You'll be needing a bunch of these

I'm a engineer

i stopped reading right there.

Clearly fantasy and extreme fiction are your thing

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
If BC doesn't allow them to transit their land with a pipeline, the oil continues to go South, except that the Americans will not stand for any sort of surcharge from Alberta, slapped on it. So they will get less for their oil, less political clout as a 51st and not particularly rich, powerful nor populace state.

I can hear the complaining, already. "It's so unfair! It's our Right to be rich!"

Are you sure you meant "populace" and not "populous"?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
No Fed taxes to Ottawa heavily offsets that situation
Ice free North pole since 2013... haven't you heard?
No Fed taxes.. Can you imagine the new found profitability with an extra +30% cash in your jeans?
Property Rights and Mineral Rights for all with an equity stake and roytalties for FNs wouldn't be a hard sell.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
You think NWT and YT are are going to give up such a huge opportunity?

Ever heard of Seattle? Far bigger port than Vancouver.

We'll take a couple of ice breakers we bought with us.

Port Metro Vancouver is Canada's largest and most diversified Port and the largest export port in North America. Each year, it trades $172 billion in goods – or one-fifth of Canada's trade – with more than 160 trading economies.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
You think NWT and YT are are going to give up such a huge opportunity?

Ever heard of Seattle? Far bigger port than Vancouver.

We'll take a couple of ice breakers we bought with us.
lol the port of Seattle is nothing.

you know as much about Seattle as you know about Manitoba - which is to say nothing.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Port Metro Vancouver is Canada's largest and most diversified Port and the largest export port in North America. Each year, it trades $172 billion in goods – or one-fifth of Canada's trade – with more than 160 trading economies.

Somewhere between 30-40% of YVR's Port exports are sourced out of the prairie regions.With a disruption of this flow, YVR's port will have dramatically different financials that will reflect in employment, taxation, etc.

The message is that everyone has a gun to each other's heads where BC can refuse exporting certain things and other provinces can conceivably can opt to ship out of Seattle.

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
Still not a jet.

I say if some idiot wants to play with electric TOY air planes........................................

then let him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just so long as THERE IS NO PUBLIC MONEY..........................................

put into this crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Private people are entitled to waste THEIR OWN MONEY..................................

as they see fit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its only a problem when the rest of us get FORCED to participate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And as it happens National Geographic Magazine..........

did an article about 20 years ago about......................

a SOLAR POWERED air plane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To bad it ONLY HAD ONE SEAT..........................

since its pay load was SO SMALL........................

DUE to being grossly UNDER POWERED.......................

and as I recall it was hugely costly to build because of all the light weight composite materials...........................

and could not fly at all in strong head winds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Electric TOYS offer EITHER short range speed.....................

or long range at the speed of an arthritic SNAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Electric Toys NEVER OFFER BOTH SPEED AND RANGE!!

And electric TOYS HAVE NO cargo capacity.........................

at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Would PMV (Surrey,Delta Port Moody, Vancouver North Vancouver) be the largest export port without potash and grain?

Where would be without those two commodities? BC or WA?

Last edited:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
lol the port of Seattle is nothing.
you know as much about Seattle as you know about Manitoba - which is to say nothing.
Nothing but moves 8 million more TEUs per year?

Can I add Tacoma, Everett, Bellingham and the rest of the Northwest Port Alliance or do we compare PMV to just Seatlle?

Last edited:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Somewhere between 30-40% of YVR's Port exports are sourced out of the prairie regions.With a disruption of this flow, YVR's port will have dramatically different financials that will reflect in employment, taxation, etc.
The message is that everyone has a gun to each other's heads where BC can refuse exporting certain things and other provinces can conceivably can opt to ship out of Seattle.
And the other Vancouver. Add the UGG terminal in Vancouver WA and things change dramatically.