ABEXIT - is it time for Alberta to think about leaving Canada?

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
You think NWT and YT are are going to give up such a huge opportunity?
Ever heard of Seattle? Far bigger port than Vancouver.
We'll take a couple of ice breakers we bought with us.
You really need to go to sea, Billy to get a clue.

By the way, the Arctic is getting colder, remember?

Ice is advancing , etc. etc. Global warming, myth ... global cooling, reality ...

Who's going to supply the ice breakers that you "brought" with you? The Gimli Fire Department?

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Yup after being forced in Canada why wouldn't it be?
No Crown = No Treaties
No Treaties = Freedom.
The Dene would love to get rid of the Cree who invaded their land and took them slaves.
the FNs are going to have a really hard time siding with a new country who thinks that it's a-okay to gun down FN teenagers for tresspassing. Rootin'an'tootin' only looks good to yourselves.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
You really need to go to sea, Billy to get a clue.
By the way, the Arctic is getting colder, remember?
Ice is advancing , etc. etc. Global warming, myth ... global cooling, reality ...
Who's going to supply the ice breakers that you "brought" with you? The Gimli Fire Department?
Are you jealous or are you envious of Western Canada going it's own way or both?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Are you jealous or are you envious of Western Canada going it's own way or both?
He knows what it would do to Ontario’s prosperity. Sadly some people never learned about killing a golden goose .

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
You think NWT and YT are are going to give up such a huge opportunity?

Ever heard of Seattle? Far bigger port than Vancouver.

Well take a couple of ice breakers we bought with us.
Vancouver south of Seattle has access to the interior without having to cross any mountain ranges.

Even allowing the Panhandle to handle goods destined for the Canadian interior and North the price is maxed out to what the locals can generate rather than the lowest bid also include quality service. They could invest in a port in northern BC, the construction takes 10 years and 100 years is the break-in period so whoever builds the road has that long to recover the expenses unless charging the taxpayers an excessive return on investment is the norm, ie for test holes for a diamond mine. ($17B profit/$500M investment/10 years)

The Yukon could re-mine all the old tailing piles and clean up all the gold this time and have the land reclaimed and the gold itself would pay for it if the proto site become the standard way of doing it. Once the streams are contoured so flooding deposits the gold in certain areas a company such as 'Mother Nature Inc. could work far upstream and loosen material that would be 'gold bearing' and a manufactured flood along with mother nature would mean the creeks could be cleaned out like a trap-line.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
He knows what it would do to Ontario’s prosperity. Sadly some people never learned about killing a golden goose .
Ontarians do a whole lot of complex things for theirprosperity. All of it seems to be beyond the imaginations of you wood hewers, water drawers and not much else.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Ontarians do a whole lot of complex things for theirprosperity. All of it seems to be beyond the imaginations of you wood hewers, water drawers and not much else.
Were you genetically transformed into an Ontarian Ubermensch after leaving Regina or does drinking make you a tough guy?

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Were you genetically transformed into an Ontarian Ubermensch after leaving Regina or does drinking make you a tough guy?
I'm a engineer designing new products in a factory, here. I doubt that there is even one of those in all of Saskatchewan.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Vancouver south of Seattle has access to the interior without having to cross any mountain ranges.
Even allowing the Panhandle to handle goods destined for the Canadian interior and North the price is maxed out to what the locals can generate rather than the lowest bid also include quality service. They could invest in a port in northern BC, the construction takes 10 years and 100 years is the break-in period so whoever builds the road has that long to recover the expenses unless charging the taxpayers an excessive return on investment is the norm, ie for test holes for a diamond mine. ($17B profit/$500M investment/10 years)
The Yukon could re-mine all the old tailing piles and clean up all the gold this time and have the land reclaimed and the gold itself would pay for it if the proto site become the standard way of doing it. Once the streams are contoured so flooding deposits the gold in certain areas a company such as 'Mother Nature Inc. could work far upstream and loosen material that would be 'gold bearing' and a manufactured flood along with mother nature would mean the creeks could be cleaned out like a trap-line.
http://www.a2arail.com/phone/index.html

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
That is about a rail connection from Alaska to the lower 48, as a bonus they will market McMurry Sludge for Alberta. Why own it when you can just rape us at will??
Most of the export cargo going through Vancouver is from the Prairies. I have to pay the freight on my grain, if Anchorage is cheaper so be it. It goes through Anchorage. Why would I pay more to ship through Vancouver?