If Canadians hate the US, why doesn't Canada just sever ties with them?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
You are a traitor to Canada and you have no business referring to yourself as Canadian.

Yank.

That's what you are.
Who are you to tell anyone if they are or are not Canadian ? King George the wirst ?

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Who are you to tell anyone if they are or are not Canadian ? King George the wirst ?
You don't believe in Canada. You want to break up Canada. You think that conditions are better in the United States and that you want to join America.

What kind of "Canadian" is that, pigs?

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
See Canadians, this kiwi here says you are continuing relations with a terrorist state and I thought Canadians were better? Isn't that what you say? You are a benevolent people who accepts people from where ever and your multiculturalism is your strength and you are peace keepers of the world? How are you benevolent by making deals with a terrorist group?
As I already mentioned, that's not going to help. The Americans aren't going to listen and definitely don't care. Not to mention, Canadians might go insane themselves if they try to. The best thing that Canada can do is build stronger ties with you! Don't you have that CANZUK thing going for you? Please New Zealanders and the rest of CANZUK or the rest of the Common Wealth for that matter, take them.
Where the f*ck do you live? Because you sure do presume to speak for all Canadians.

Here's an idea. If you're not a Canadian, then mind your own goddam business. You whine about Canada doing business with a terrorist state? Yeah, but buying oil from and selling military hardware to Saudi Arabia, a terrorism EXPORTING state, is just fine and f*cking dandy. Do you know WHY Canada still does business with the Saudis? I bet you don't but I'm sure you'll find some way to blame America for it.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
You don't believe in Canada. You want to break up Canada. You think that conditions are better in the United States and that you want to join America.

Did I ever say that ? You have comprehension issues that contribute to your anger issues .

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Did I ever say that ? You have comprehension issues that contribute to your anger issues .
Say something good about your country.

... just once ....

a positive thing...

I'm not holding my breath.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Yes but at least they can be at peace. And besides, what's more important? Money or peace? And don't say money because Canadians are better than that.
You think so?

Haters gonna hate. The same ones who hate Americans probably already hate Canadians of other political parties, other provinces, fans of other hockey teams, Canadians of other races, &c.

They can hate Americans just as easily from behind a wall, so why bother to build the wall?

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
I'm still giggling over Joshy's suggestion about Europe as neighbours. That would be great. Why, just the other day my wife and I were saying how awesome it would be if we shared a border with a bunch of anti-democratic, fascist EU trash.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
You think so?
Haters gonna hate. The same ones who hate Americans probably already hate Canadians of other political parties, other provinces, fans of other hockey teams, Canadians of other races, &c.
They can hate Americans just as easily from behind a wall, so why bother to build the wall?
If you guys build the wall and pay for it, I'm in.

It will be immensely amusing watching them discover what is actually involved in building a wall along the Canadian border. One of the participants in the GOP Primaries Gong Show back in 2016 said he'd do just that ...whatziz-name, the black physician. I'm sure that Med School was rigorous but American public school geography seems to be far less than adequate. I wonder if he also believes that Iran and Iraq are JUST the same because of the spelling? "We kicked ayass in Iraq and we'll do it again just the same in Iran".

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
First of all Canadians in general do not hate anyone, let alone Americans. Almost all Canadians at least know Americans and a great many Canadians are related to them.

Secondly there is no way to "sever" relations with them.

Our economies and cultures are completely integrated

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
The Us was once part of what is now Canada and they left for many of the same reasons Alberta and to a lessor extent the rest of the west want to leave. At one time I liked the idea of Cascadia but in the last decade too many fruitcakes have invaded Washington and Oregon to make it viable. Maybe the best option is to just vote Ontariowe out of confederation.

NZDoug

Council Member
Jul 18, 2017
Big Bay, Awhitu, New Zealand
See Canadians, this kiwi here says you are continuing relations with a terrorist state and I thought Canadians were better? Isn't that what you say? You are a benevolent people who accepts people from where ever and your multiculturalism is your strength and you are peace keepers of the world? How are you benevolent by making deals with a terrorist group?
mrjoshua
I am a proud CDN/KIWI and have lived in and worked in NYC, TX, FLA and Rio de Janeiro in my life.
In 1948, George Kennan, State Department Director of Policy Planning, noted that the United States then possessed about 50% of the worlds wealth but only 6.3% of its population.
The challenge facing US policy makers, he believed, was "to devise a pattern of relationships which will permit us to maintain this position of disparity with the positive detriment to our national security".
Today, many decades later, Kennans position of disparity persists, somewhat diminished but still leaving Americans in a remarkably advantageous position.
With less than 5% of the population, the United States so controls 25% of global net worth as of 2016.
With modern communications and spread of knowledge throughout the Internet has shown our “heros” feet are made of clay.
I was born in 46, (Toronto General) and I believed in truth , justice and the American way.
Now, reality shows against the Nuremburg Was Trials, America has supported tyrants and dictators, started multiple wars, and commits first strikes to create war, once the greatest crime.
This is what the NAZIs were executed for.
Every day, more and more, it appears that everything I believed in was bullshit.
Ive quoted 50% 6.3% of Americans stuff from a book called “Americas War for the Greater Middle East”.
By Andrew J. Bacevich

mrjoshua

Time Out
Aug 11, 2019
many more winter in the southern states. Our tourism industry is also deeply dependent on Americans . So you are out to lunch in my opinion .

Come on! You complain about them being loud, arrogant, ignorant, stupid, what else? And you still let them in? And you still go there? Fudge me dead mate!

mrjoshua

Time Out
Aug 11, 2019
And we should be pals with them based on their being a Superpower?
Well it's up to you. There's the EU as an alternative.
China is the last country I want closer ties with, "superpower" or no.
Why? They are building infrastructure and developing countries all over the world, I don't understand what your problem is with them.
And by the way, according to pewresearch, Canadians have a more favorable opinion of China than the US. Proof that you are indeed a minority.
Remember, Canada is a democracy so when the time comes, you and your fellow minority will have to respect what the majority wants!
Maybe culturally it's going through a shitshow, but overall... *shrug*
You never know.... Rebellion? Secession? Civil war? What are you going to do when that day comes?
I'm scared of a lot of things about the US,
Good enough reason to let them go. Would you live with someone who scares you?
We're not THAT clung to the US, despite what you may think.
That's good! I like that attitude! It will be easier to let go of them then.

mrjoshua

Time Out
Aug 11, 2019
In Alberta, we love the USA, and may join the USA

Curious Cnd is right, you are a traitor. You should get out of Canada but don't go to the US, if you betrayed your original country, you will most likely betray the country that you move to.

Just move to Somalia!

mrjoshua

Time Out
Aug 11, 2019
Yank.

That's what you are.

Oh please, no more. The US is already falling apart and to add a traitor to it will just make it fall apart faster!

I don't hate the US, I just don't understand why your fellow country men haven't severed ties with them yet if Canadians hate them so much.

The same can be applied about the world.

mrjoshua

Time Out
Aug 11, 2019

I am not asking them to build a wall because walls don't make peace. I am asking them to let go of the ones they hate. The ones that make them angry. I have said this over and over that the ones they hate don't care that they hate them.

It is simple human behavior to do this. Nothing to do with politics or economies or military or whatever people love to bring up. Simple human behavior -> if you don't like someone, if you hate them, let go of them, take them out of your mind, avoid them. Don't cling to your anger and your hate! Don't keep this person or people in your mind. That will destroy you!

Buddha once said:

mrjoshua

Time Out
Aug 11, 2019
you sure do presume to speak for all Canadians.

Maybe not all but majority definitely.

And that's another thing, in a democracy like Canada's, the minority will have to respect what the majority want regardless of whether what the majority wants is good or bad! That is how a functioning democracy works! It is this functioning democracy that made Canada the prosperous nation that it is where people from all over the world can call home.