If Canadians hate the US, why doesn't Canada just sever ties with them?

mrjoshua

Time Out
Aug 11, 2019
Please spare me the "we don't hate Americans but...."

I have read probably every single anti-US that comes from Canadians and yes, I know that Canadians are not isolated in these feelings but this is after all a Canadian site, so.

Now my question here is: if Canadians feel so strongly about them, why not just sever ties with them?

Trade, immigration, diplomacy, just end it all with them. Don't even let American tourists or anything from the US in. Just don't let them into your lives anymore. And if they fight back, you've got the Commonwealth of Nations who can back you up. It's like a divorce.

I don't understand why you let the very people you hate into your lives. Hating people can be bad for the health you know. If you complain how horrible they are: they are not going to listen, they don't care; at the end of the day, you are wasting your time.

Just keep them away and hopefully you will have peace in your lives. So why doesn't Canada do that?

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Looks like an anti-American troll.

You act like the handful of anti-American posts or whatever you've read represents the sentiments of all or even the majority of Canadians. And you know what? Sure they may piss me off from time to time but there's a LOT worse countries to be stuck being neighbours with.

mrjoshua

Time Out
Aug 11, 2019
Looks like an anti-American troll.

No, I'm only addressing the sentiments of Canadians.

You act like the handful of anti-American posts

Sir, it's not just a handful otherwise I wouldn't be asking this.

represents the sentiments of all or even the majority of Canadians.

I think it does.

there's a LOT worse countries to be stuck being neighbours with.

I'm pretty sure if Canadians could move their country to Europe or in the middle of Australia and New Zealand, they would.

NZDoug

Council Member
Jul 18, 2017
Big Bay, Awhitu, New Zealand
America has lost its illusion as the guiding light to save the world and modern technology has exposed the nation as a rogue state killing for fun and profit.
Canada can only try to help America to come back to sanity.
Buying weapons isn't the way.
Dont make any decisions with the US until Trump is gone.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
No, I'm only addressing the sentiments of Canadians.

Sir, it's not just a handful otherwise I wouldn't be asking this.

No, it's not just a handful of Canadians, I'll admit that.

That said, the same question could be asked of the US, or at least part of them. I think a large chunk of those who live in the US don't even realize they share a border with Canada, let alone care about what Canadian's think of the US.

I think it does.

I think of the whole Canada vs. US in how they feel about one another as like any other family dynamic. To me, the US can be the cousin you don't see a lot, but can be awesome to be around. Or they can be that arrogant prick of an uncle who should just STFU and drink his beer. Sometimes the US is the grumpy ol' Grandpa yelling at us to keep off his lawn. Sometimes it can be the grandmother making cookies for everyone. And sometimes they're the asshole you hate so much you walk away as soon as you see them.

What most people in Canada dislike about the US, I think, is the overwhelming arrogance that a lot of people there have for their country. Country pride is great; Canadians are proud of Canada in a lot of ways and at lots of times, but it goes waaaayyyyy overboard a lot with them.

I'm pretty sure if Canadians could move their country to Europe or in the middle of Australia and New Zealand, they would.

Nope, I don't agree with that. Canada itself is so diverse that for one, you'd never get us all to leave Canada. Second, we wouldn't be here if we wanted to be part of Europe or Australia or New Zealand. Those that want to be part of those places move to those places. Those of us in Canada are here because, like it or hate it, we still want to be here, in Canada, and not anywhere else.

mrjoshua

Time Out
Aug 11, 2019
exposed the nation as a rogue state killing for fun and profit.

See Canadians, this kiwi here says you are continuing relations with a terrorist state and I thought Canadians were better? Isn't that what you say? You are a benevolent people who accepts people from where ever and your multiculturalism is your strength and you are peace keepers of the world? How are you benevolent by making deals with a terrorist group?

Canada can only try to help America to come back to sanity.

As I already mentioned, that's not going to help. The Americans aren't going to listen and definitely don't care. Not to mention, Canadians might go insane themselves if they try to. The best thing that Canada can do is build stronger ties with you! Don't you have that CANZUK thing going for you? Please New Zealanders and the rest of CANZUK or the rest of the Common Wealth for that matter, take them.

mrjoshua

Time Out
Aug 11, 2019
No, it's not just a handful of Canadians

Believe whatever you want to believe sir, you are just one Canadian out of the 36 million of you. Even the kiwi sees it and they are thousands of kilometers away.

I think a large chunk of those who live in the US don't even realize they share a border with Canada, let alone care about what Canadian's think of the US.

They don't. Didn't you read my description? They don't care whether you exist or not or what your problems are with them, so why bother with them?

I think of the whole Canada vs. US in how they feel about one another as like any other family dynamic.

Even family members kill each other

What most people in Canada dislike about the US, I think, is the overwhelming arrogance that a lot of people there have for their country.

And I already told you, they don't care! Didn't I say that in the description not to say "we don't Americans but...."

At the end of the day, Canadians, you are the ones who are hating, you are the ones who are hurting.

you'd never get us all to leave Canada.

I didn't say leave Canada, I meant literally, if Canadians could break their landmass off the North American continent and literally move it to someplace else, they would!

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Believe whatever you want to believe sir, you are just one Canadian out of the 36 million of you. Even the kiwi sees it and they are thousands of kilometers away.

Ma'am, not sir... well, some days it's sir I guess :)

Just one, but who also has a bunch of Canadian friends who feel the same as well, and where there's a handful or more of us...

They don't. Didn't you read my description? They don't care whether you exist or not or what your problems are with them, so why bother with them?

We 'bother' because we kind of have to deal with them, one way or another, and it is easier to try and 'play nice' than to be the asshole.

Even family members kill each other

Yes, sometimes they do.

And I already told you, they don't care! Didn't I say that in the description not to say "we don't Americans but...."

At the end of the day, Canadians, you are the ones who are hating, you are the ones who are hurting.

Hating and hurting? Hating how? I'll agree on the hurting, because I know for damn sure that the friends I have in the US - the GOOD friends I have there that I consider family - are hurting because things are so shit for them, and because they hurt, *I* hurt.

But hate? Eh, I "hate" the US like I "hate" Israel, as in, their policies, their leadership, their arrogance, etc. That changes though with the person.

I didn't say leave Canada, I meant literally, if Canadians could break their landmass off the North American continent and literally move it to someplace else, they would!

In that case... I don't know to be honest.

I think it would depend on who is leading the US - right now, I'm sure a damn good number of us would agree with that statement if only to get away from the stank that is the current leadership.

mrjoshua

Time Out
Aug 11, 2019
to get away from the stank that is the current leadership.

But you can! It is actually not hard at all! Believe it or not, there are countries that do not or hardly have any ties with them and they are fine, they are happy even! Build stronger ties with the EU or China since many experts say that they are the next superpower and many countries are looking up to them! Or make that CANZUK a reality!

And by the way ma'am, I keep coming across the same comments saying that the US days are numbered! Are you not scared that they might drag you with them if you continue to blindly cling to them? It is best to let them go. Let them go before it is too late!

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Yes! we must put guards ALL along the border!
;)

I can't wait for to make friends with one of them gun free commie countries where they periodically kill off a million or two of their unarmed slaves every once in a while, because of their insane GENOCIDAL stupidity.

Oh well, so much for divide and conquer, eh?
:)

mrjoshua

Time Out
Aug 11, 2019
Yes! we must put guards ALL along the border!

Don't you have guards already? Just ban them from coming in. I'm sure they will respect that.

I can't wait for to make friends with one of them gun free commie countries where they periodically kill off a million or two

Are you referring to China? China does not do that! And if you don't like China, you have the EU, the Commonwealth, CANZUK if it becomes a reality? There really are a lot of choices.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Is that you white unifier ?
No Canada does not hate America or Americans , a certain type of Canadian likes to pretend we are morally superior to Americans , but they are not in the majority . America is our closest neighbour and largest trading partner , many Canadians hold dual citizenship , and many more winter in the southern states . Our tourism industry is also deeply dependent on Americans . So you are out to lunch in my opinion .

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Don't you have guards already? Just ban them from coming in. I'm sure they will respect that.

Are you referring to China? China does not do that! And if you don't like China, you have the EU, the Commonwealth, CANZUK if it becomes a reality? There really are a lot of choices.
Great we can stop trade with our next door neighbour , the largest economy the world has ever seen , to trade with New Zealand and Australia with a total economy the size of Oregon .That will be really great for our standard of living .

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
But you can! It is actually not hard at all! Believe it or not, there are countries that do not or hardly have any ties with them and they are fine, they are happy even! Build stronger ties with the EU or China since many experts say that they are the next superpower and many countries are looking up to them! Or make that CANZUK a reality!

And we should be pals with them based on their being a Superpower?

EU I could see but China is the last country I want closer ties with, "superpower" or no.

And by the way ma'am, I keep coming across the same comments saying that the US days are numbered! Are you not scared that they might drag you with them if you continue to blindly cling to them? It is best to let them go. Let them go before it is too late!

Lots of people say the days of the US are numbered, because like most countries that have their level of power, it all fades away. With how the US has been lately, people think it's happening now to them. I personally am not so sure. Maybe culturally it's going through a shitshow, but overall... *shrug*

I'm scared of a lot of things about the US, but them 'dragging us with them' isn't one of them. We're not THAT clung to the US, despite what you may think.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
The only Canadian I know that hates the US in Curious Cnd..

But he not really a Canadian, more like a loyalist to the Queen.

In Alberta, we love the USA, and may join the USA if Justin wins, who should be rename Justout..

Justin 2015
Justout 2019

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
The only Canadian I know that hates the US in Curious Cnd..
But he not really a Canadian, more like a loyalist to the Queen.
In Alberta, we love the USA, and may join the USA if Justin wins, who should be rename Justout..
Justin 2015
Justout 2019
You are a traitor to Canada and you have no business referring to yourself as Canadian.

Yank.

That's what you are.