Canada's Identity Crisis

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Trouble is your idea of Canadian identity is what Toronto thinks it should be. Not relevant to most of the rest of the country and is the cause of much friction. To a lesser extent the same can be said of all citiots. There is a very real disconnect between Vancouver and the rest of BC where the money is made and all the real work is done.
I don't care what Toronto thinks, either. You must be some sort of zombie if you think that I am required to buy into some parochial, regional view of this vast country. What I don't here much from you Western Yahoo tough guys is any sort of commitment to your country (or anything, for that matter) as you have. You are victims of regional populists one after another ... Aberhart, the Mannings, the Bennetts, Van der Zalm, Kline, Day, Kenney ... poisonining your outlook for their own political gain.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I don't care what Toronto thinks, either. You must be some sort of zombie if you think that I am required to buy into some parochial, regional view of this vast country. What I don't here much from you Western Yahoo tough guys is any sort of commitment to your country (or anything, for that matter) as you have. You are victims of regional populists one after another ... Aberhart, the Mannings, the Bennetts, Van der Zalm, Kline, Day, Kenney ... poisonining your outlook for their own political gain.
No what we in the west see and have seen for generations is government policy that is Ontario Quebec centric. Sh-t we even know who will form government before our polls close .

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
I'll never understand why any part of Canada would think it'd be a good idea to join the US. Canada has enough things going on with it that are similar to the US that really, what's better in the US?

But in the end, if anyone wants to leave Canada, fine. Go. But I actually wonder just how many people would be left in Alberta, say, if it did leave Canada. Because in the end, I think as much as people dislike Ontario and Quebec, they'd despise being in the US more.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Ford's a thug like Trump. There's nothing good about either of them.
Ford And TRump have two important things in common.
1) They both Care about their electorate.
2) They both hate leftards.
WHat more could you wish for in a leader? Especially since you claim to be a fiscal conservative.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I'll never understand why any part of Canada would think it'd be a good idea to join the US. Canada has enough things going on with it that are similar to the US that really, what's better in the US?
But in the end, if anyone wants to leave Canada, fine. Go. But I actually wonder just how many people would be left in Alberta, say, if it did leave Canada. Because in the end, I think as much as people dislike Ontario and Quebec, they'd despise being in the US more.
I don't see much traction in joining the US but I can see Canada and possibly the US splitting up and various parts becoming seperate countries. Cascadia would probably work for one.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

I am not shilling for joining the U.S. , but if or when Alberta , Saskatchewan and perhaps others vote to separate B.C. will be left with three choices, join them , go it alone , or apply for American protection with a path to full statehood . Staying in a separated Canada would not be an option . IMHO .

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
No what we in the west see and have seen for generations is government policy that is Ontario Quebec centric. Sh-t we even know who will form government before our polls close .
That's where 3/5s of the Canadian population live.

Wait 'til you tough guys become the 51st State of the US. Your yotal population will be 3/100ths of that of the United States and boy will you ever have political clout, then. Right now, the Americans are swimming in oil too and that part won't impress them, either.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
That's where 3/5s of the Canadian population live.
Wait 'til you tough guys become the 51st State of the US. Your yotal population will be 3/100ths of that of the United States and boy will you ever have political clout, then. Right now, the Americans are swimming in oil too and that part won't impress them, either.
You keep forgetting we only rent Canada from FNs. Treaties are merely leases.

We don't have Property Rights.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I live in a riding that switches back and forth. It swung Liberal last election after being Tory for a few. We have Tory Ridings directly to the North and West of us in the Halton region but Peel, Mississauga to the East have those high immigrant populations that tend to vote Liberal ... for some inexplicable reason.
Pork barrel, whoever takes the biggest bribes gets in.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Mom gave you a bigger allowance?
Ford is well known to some of us. I used to purchase product from his company, but no more! He's not on our list of "ethical suppliers" and he charges too much for too little.

One of the principals in our company was a high school classmate with Doug, the neighbourhood drug dealer. The amazing thing about Doug is that he isn't in jail ... yet.

The Provincial Tories could have done so much better here but instead, Doug hijacked their convention and now they'll be backbenchers for another fifteen years after their mandate ends.

Disaster Doug. Doug the Thug.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I know. Regina.

Were you smoking the KGB "Montreal" black hash or the CIA "gold seal" red back in the day?

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
You keep forgetting we only rent Canada from FNs. Treaties are merely leases.

We don't have Property Rights.

OH THAT IS A BIG BAG of fresh ripe, steaming, straight
from the back of the BULL...............................

BEST QUALITY Organic Fertilizer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE OWN the place now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOCK STOCK AND WELFARE PAYMENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The idea of "rent" is one that LIE-berals are encouraging.................................

and it MUST END!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anthropologists believe that the ENTIRE native population of North America............................

was about one million people in 1492!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the native population of Canada alone is nearly double that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Add in natives in USA and the population really mushrooms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Natives NOW NEED white technology to get enough to eat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The old hunter/gatherer does not have the room to operate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is the ANCIENT PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The population grows faster than the food supply!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The native population of Canada fought over hunting grounds BEFORE Whites came along!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the century BEFORE Champlain showed up in Quebec.............

the Mohawks and Cherokees fought so ferociously that the Cherokees MOVED SOUTH...................

to get some peace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mohawks then turned on Hurons and Algonquins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the 1880`s after the Battle at the Greasy Grass....................................

known also as The Little Big Horn...........................

the Sioux moved up to Canada for some rest from Yankee military pursuit.............................

and to perform religious rituals related to having killed in battle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the Sioux were quite prepared to do their level best...........................

to WIPE OUT any Cdn tribes that failed to surrender their hunting grounds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The idea that native life would be better without white people..................................

IS A BAD JOKE that not even a CHILD would honestly support!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
HA HA HA HA! What makes you think they are not going to do it? ****nadian!

Oh and this time, you won't be able to touch them! This time, they are not only going to burn down your capital but every single city you have! My only hope is that you get to see your family burn and you hear their agonizing screams!

Yeah blah blah blah indeed because you are out of words!

You're right.

There are no more words for you because you're too effin' thick for any to seep into the miniscule space where your brain resides.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Is it true that dogs don't see colors? Seeing as you are no more than a loyal(?) dog, perhaps you can answer me this?

Did your ex treat you like one, dog? Did she put a leash on you? Told you to get down on all fours? Made you bark? Fed you using a dog bowl with dog food?

Woof.