Canada's Identity Crisis

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
You're the only one with an identity crisis. Most of the rest of Canadians are pretty normal.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
If you're the example of Canadian normalcy, Canada's fukked
That's the problem with people from Ontariowe. They fukk up everything they touch. They finally get a good premier and now they want to fukk that up too.
You simply can not promote multiculturalism and expect to have a Canadian identity at the same time.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
That's the problem with people from Ontariowe. They fukk up everything they touch. They finally get a good premier and now they want to fukk that up too.
You simply can not promote multiculturalism and expect to have a Canadian identity at the same time.
Ford's a thug like Trump. There's nothing good about either of them.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick

You can if being multicultural IS part of the Canadian identity.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
. Glad Scheer will be the next PM
That just must pain you :lol:
The pain both parties cause 'the West' comes at a slightly different rate, other than that they are both the very same and take orders from the very same people that are foreigners. Maybe kicking out the two bad apples is the best way to 'save Canada' as going independent would also hurt the people in the north who are already under as much stress as the East can cause without making huge headlines.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Probably voting N D P
Vote Tory almost always.

You libertarian mutants on here don't get it but most Canadians ... Conservative and Liberals ...occupy a political middle ground that you guys don't seem to grasp. "Middle" means that there is a broad consensus as to what it is to be Canadian, what our collective aspirations are, common morality, common purpose. You guys don't seem to share those. You tell me that I'm not a real Conservative because I'm not on the ultra right like you are. If all of us "middle-of-the-road Conservatives get pushed out by a Republican wannabee fringe, you will literally finish the next election behind the NDP ... and the one after that and the one after that. Your political beliefs are marginal and will not appeal to many Canadians ... barely a double digit number of them.

p.s. Real Conservatives and Real Canadians believe that Canada is an indivisible nation.

Here comes the donkey braying from you marginal tough guys who don't really understand any of that, now:

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Vote Tory almost always.
p.s. Real Conservatives and Real Canadians believe that Canada is an indivisible nation.
Here comes the donkey braying from you marginal tough guys who don't really understand any of that, now:
How did you miss catching SNC between 2005-2015? (if the cons are the only ones on the ball)

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Vote Tory almost always.

You libertarian mutants on here don't get it but most Canadians ... Conservative and Liberals ...occupy a political middle ground that you guys don't seem to grasp. "Middle" means that there is a broad consensus as to what it is to be Canadian, what our collective aspirations are, common morality, common purpose. You guys don't seem to share those. You tell me that I'm not a real Conservative because I'm not on the ultra right like you are. If all of us "middle-of-the-road Conservatives get pushed out by a Republican wannabee fringe, you will literally finish the next election behind the NDP ... and the one after that and the one after that. Your political beliefs are marginal and will not appeal to many Canadians ... barely a double digit number of them.

Everything north of the french river is solid orange...
But I still vote Tory....if only to increase the total percentage of votes for them country-wise...
The only time I voted N.D.P. at the provincial level a co-worker at the mill was running
He and Bob Rae did good for the town back then...

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Everything north of the french river is solid orange...
But I still vote Tory....if only to increase the total percentage of votes for them country-wise...
The only time I voted N.D.P. at the provincial level a co-worker at the mill was running
He and Bob Rae did good for the town back then...
I live in a riding that switches back and forth. It swung Liberal last election after being Tory for a few. We have Tory Ridings directly to the North and West of us in the Halton region but Peel, Mississauga to the East have those high immigrant populations that tend to vote Liberal ... for some inexplicable reason.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Vote Tory almost always.
Trouble is your idea of Canadian identity is what Toronto thinks it should be. Not relevant to most of the rest of the country and is the cause of much friction. To a lesser extent the same can be said of all citiots. There is a very real disconnect between Vancouver and the rest of BC where the money is made and all the real work is done.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Trouble is your idea of Canadian identity is what Toronto thinks it should be. Not relevant to most of the rest of the country and is the cause of much friction. To a lesser extent the same can be said of all citiots. There is a very real disconnect between Vancouver and the rest of BC where the money is made and all the real work is done.
Not all the lower mainland vote Greendp . Most of us still work and no which side of the toast the butter is on .