Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
McConnell lashes out at media, Democrats over "Moscow Mitch" label

Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) took to the Senate floor Monday to angrily defend himself against allegations that he is doing the bidding of Russian President Vladimir Putin by blocking a series of election security bills proposed by Democrats.
"Last week I stopped Democrats from passing an election law bill through the Senate by unanimous consent, a bill that was so partisan that it only received one Republican vote over in the House. My Democratic friends asked for unanimous consent to pass a bill that everyone knows isn't unanimous and never will be unanimous. So I objected. ... Over the last several days I was called unpatriotic, un-American, and essentially treasonous by a couple of left-wing pundits on the basis of bold-faced lies. I was accused of aiding and abetting the very man I've singled out as an adversary and opposed for nearly 20 years, Vladimir Putin."​

More: https://www.axios.com/mitch-mcconne...nce-de1db459-9cee-4e74-b578-df141356567f.html

Booo phukin Hooo!!!

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
GOP Lawmaker Who Wants Mandatory Church Attendance Warns Of ‘Browning Of America’

Racism and Christianity: Arizona State Senator Sylvia Allen, who has previously advocated for mandatory church attendance, warns GOP colleagues about the “browning of America.”
Allen, a Republican lawmaker from Snowflake, Arizona, recently warned her Republican colleagues that the United States is “going to look like South American countries very quickly,” claiming that new immigrants will not be able to “assimilate.”
The GOP lawmaker made her remarks during a July 15 event commemorating “Mormon Political Pioneers” at the Arizona Republican Party headquarters in Phoenix.
State Sen. Sylvia Allen (R), speaking at AZ’s GOP HQ, warns of the ‘browning of America.’
‘The median age of a white woman is 43. The median age of a Hispanic woman is 27. We are not reproducing ourselves, the birthrates… It’s because of immigration.’pic.twitter.com/tUjbMAaexl
— Nico Pitney (@nicopitney) July 27, 2019
Phoenix New Times obtained audio of Allen’s comments late last week, noting:
During a rambling, 25-minute speech peppered with religious and autobiographical references, Allen expressed a worldview that the founding principles of the United States are under attack by feminists, secularists, and immigrants.
Allen’s discussion of assimilation occurred near the end of her speech, following a reference to Dr. James Johnson, a business professor at the University of North Carolina who studies demographics.
Reporting on Allen’s speech, Newsweek notes:
Throughout the speech, Allen expressed her opinion that the founding principles of the United States were under attack by immigrants, feminists, secularists.

More: https://www.patheos.com/blogs/progr...hurch-attendance-warns-of-browning-of-america

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I think it's a legit...………...high blood pressure or a brain tumour would be pre-existing conditions.
That's right. American death panels decide whether you receive treatment or not based on the physical state that you are in.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Same in Canada, if yer too sick or weak they won't operate on you.
You'd have to be right at the very. Very end of your life before a decision like that is made. A "Do Not Recussitate" is hardly what we're talking about.

In the US, you don't get insurance if your heart rhythm is dodgy. The next step will be submitting your DNA to see if there is a evidence of potential chronic illness in your genome.

Profit above all.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Shouldice clinic won't operate on you if yer overweight. Shouldice is known for its hernia treatment and the gubmint pays the bill at the clinic if yer a resident of ON.