ABEXIT - is it time for Alberta to think about leaving Canada?

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
BC has a diverse economy which is how it manages to power through all these downturns.

Alberta is a one horse economy and a downturn in that sector devastates them.

Boom and bust.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Dips would have to go first, but in the end, you'll need an economic argument to determine if it's even practical

Dips are on very shaky ground reinforced only by 3 Green seats. While Greens may be good for retired folks, they are absolutely useless for anyone supporting a family.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Dips are on very shaky ground reinforced only by 3 Green seats. While Greens may be good for retired folks, they are absolutely useless for anyone supporting a family.

The Dips are solely an extension of the prevailing attitudes of the populace at large... Simply look at Hoid who exemplifies this willful ignorance on anything remotely associated to fundamental economics.

Fact is, to go it alone, the gvt will require the support of the majority which would allow for expansion into BCs traditional resource markets like forestry or mining.

As it stands, all of the majors pulled up stakes years ago due to the egregious regulations imposed by the BC gvt (read: provincial voters).... Without major outside investment into these industries, your resources remain as an ongoing fire hazard (forestry) and the minerals locked deep within the Earth.

in both cases, neither generate revenues

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
We still mine , log and fish . We have cattle ranching and farming . Tourism will not go away . B. C. is a rich province and would survive just fine without the rest of Canada .
Got some numbers, just so a volume is known and can be compared to 'others'. Exports after you keep what you need to feed yourself. That is how most people end up extinct, they rely on imported food rather than growing their own. It has happened enough that people should catch onto what program is being run.

The oil and gas that comes from AB and SK would be replaced by who, the KSA like the East is doing as a punishment to the West, including BC. Can you imagine the power AB would have with both shores being dependent on the oil and the grain, etc. that comes from the interior Provinces. Their track history means the people of Ontario and Quebec fully support the lopsided conditions that have always existed or they are just really stupid people who can't see past the handouts they get. Maybe they think the rest of Canada get the same perks.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
BC has a diverse economy which is how it manages to power through all these downturns.

Alberta is a one horse economy and a downturn in that sector devastates them.

Boom and bust.
Hey retard, if you have a diverse economy there are no downturns.
AB would do just fine, the biggest threat would be immigrants from BC and points east that cannot survive on their own. A deep recession would only see the ones against AB leave the Province, at will or under threat of death would be my guess rather than just being gunned down where they are found. That works too as all the others fuk off a a big hurry. I wonder if most would go back east or told to move to BC so they fuk that place over as well.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
"at times" you're being way to generous

I think he is smoking way to much peyote these days
That would make him matrix-free rather than fully eaten by it. He is what happens when you cave into people that should be subjects and not owners.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Well if there is an Alberta Saskatchewan split from Canada , what would the point be to remain in confederation separated by 1000 or more kilometres ?

I don't disagree, however, this would require that all regions be on the same page in many/most aspects of trade.

As it stands, we are quite a ways apart

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
But unfortunately a fact of life, any other activity just spreads money around.
Who/what is being killed, the free spirit in all Canadians??

We are getting dumber as a nation rather than smarter, time to fire the ones who insist that be the only program that is followed. We can survive better without them than they can survive without is.
Peurto Rico has more balls than anybody in Canada has. lol Please exile me to that island so I can die a free person..