Capitalism will save this world

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
AN especially good market for tech companies that make lazer guided missle systems and remote controlled bombs.
The US and Israel have been doing that for 70 years and countong. The lack of justification point to to both parties being bat-shit crazy and you are having an orgasm from cheering the slaughter on. Are you beginning toi see why you and your kind are no longer fit to hold down and job let alone the ones that control the weapons.

You actually seem to be bragging that your kind is the only one involved in that pursuit and it is in play 24/7 just to show you are a long way past the saving stage.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Economies function at varying degrees of soundness.

You generally want to reside inside of a place that has a sound economy.

In the Great Wipeout of 2008 Canada proved itself a good place to be when the debt hit the fan - which it will.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Economies function at varying degrees of soundness.

You generally want to reside inside of a place that has a sound economy.

In the Great Wipeout of 2008 Canada proved itself a good place to be when the debt hit the fan - which it will.
Thanks PM Harper .

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Thanks PM Harper .
yes thanks Mr Harper for taking over after 11 straight year of balanced/surplus budgets and putting us back on the debt train

I know as a conservative you had to do it.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Is that what it means ? Those stinking rotten to the core capitalists are greedy . Then again minimum wage was never meant to be a living wage .
therefore people making minimum wage were never meant to be alive?

the natty mind is an endless puzzle

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Is that what it means ? Those stinking rotten to the core capitalists are greedy . Then again minimum wage was never meant to be a living wage .
As usual, you don't have a clue what you are talking about...

n the more than 75 years since Congress first enacted a federal minimum wage — at 25 cents an hour — lawmakers have increased it nine times, reaching the current level of $7.25 an hour in 2009. And with every increase the same objections have been raised. Today, instead of dismantling these arguments on my own I decided to get a little help from President Franklin Delano Roosevelt, who had to fight Republicans, conservative Democrats, the Supreme Court and corporate leaders to pass the initial minimum wage in 1938.

Objection: Raising the minimum wage will hurt business and reduce employment.
“No business which depends for existence on paying less than living wages to its workers has any right to continue in this country.” (1933, Statement on National Industrial Recovery Act)
Objection: $10.10 an hour is too much, maybe $9.
“By living wages, I mean more than a bare subsistence level — I mean the wages of a decent living.” (1933, Statement on National Industrial Recovery Act)
Objection: Once you add in public assistance and tax credits, $9 an hour is plenty, and business could survive that.
“Do not let any calamity-howling executive with an income of $1,000 a day, who has been turning his employees over to the Government relief rolls in order to preserve his company’s undistributed reserves, tell you – using his stockholders’ money to pay the postage for his personal opinions — tell you that a wage of $11.00 a week is going to have a disastrous effect on all American industry.” (1938, Fireside Chat, the night before signing the Fair Labor Standards Act that instituted the federal minimum wage)

More:

https://takingnote.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/03/07/f-d-r-makes-the-case-for-the-minimum-wage/

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
As usual, you don't have a clue what you are talking about...

n the more than 75 years since Congress first enacted a federal minimum wage — at 25 cents an hour — lawmakers have increased it nine times, reaching the current level of $7.25 an hour in 2009. And with every increase the same objections have been raised. Today, instead of dismantling these arguments on my own I decided to get a little help from President Franklin Delano Roosevelt, who had to fight Republicans, conservative Democrats, the Supreme Court and corporate leaders to pass the initial minimum wage in 1938.

Objection: Raising the minimum wage will hurt business and reduce employment.
“No business which depends for existence on paying less than living wages to its workers has any right to continue in this country.” (1933, Statement on National Industrial Recovery Act)
Objection: $10.10 an hour is too much, maybe $9.
“By living wages, I mean more than a bare subsistence level — I mean the wages of a decent living.” (1933, Statement on National Industrial Recovery Act)
Objection: Once you add in public assistance and tax credits, $9 an hour is plenty, and business could survive that.
“Do not let any calamity-howling executive with an income of $1,000 a day, who has been turning his employees over to the Government relief rolls in order to preserve his company’s undistributed reserves, tell you – using his stockholders’ money to pay the postage for his personal opinions — tell you that a wage of $11.00 a week is going to have a disastrous effect on all American industry.” (1938, Fireside Chat, the night before signing the Fair Labor Standards Act that instituted the federal minimum wage)

More:

https://takingnote.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/03/07/f-d-r-makes-the-case-for-the-minimum-wage/
Why would people stay in a minimum wage job when other options are available ?