Lunacy of the Left

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
A great man once said,

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character. I have a dream today!"

We a further way from that dream than ever.

Lefties judge people by the colour of their skin and gender with character being meaningless.

Maybe someday Dr.King, maybe someday.

Last edited:

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
A great man once said,

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character. I have a dream today!"

We a further way from that dream than ever.

Lefties judge people by the colour of their skin and gender with character being meaningless.

Maybe someday Dr.King, maybe someday.

I'll admit, there are people on the left who likely do this.

And there are people on the right who judge people by the same things.

Unfortunately, I don't see any of that changing anytime soon.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
The Right have brain damage!
That at least is proof righties have brains...
;)
Say...What have you got left?

It's all divide and conquer - look at how the press is treating "Russian collusion", Illegal invasions, and "Epstein", and all the (SO FAR) false reasons for wars for Isroil.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I'll admit, there are people on the left who likely do this.
And there are people on the right who judge people by the same things.
Unfortunately, I don't see any of that changing anytime soon.
It's only been around 55 years, and 3 generations.

What made this last generation so dillusional and hate filled?

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
It's only been around 55 years, and 3 generations.

What made this last generation so dillusional and hate filled?

If you figure it out, you might solve an important part of how to fix it.

IMO there's too much that goes into the reasons why - though Social Media is, I think, part of it - that there's no one thing that makes this last generation the worst.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
When was the last time you've seen kids playing in the streets in groups.

When we were kids the last thing we wanted to do was sit alone indoors in seclusion.

It was punishment to be stuck indoors unable to socialize with our friends.

The streets and parks were our social media.

1/3 of youth have no spirituality. How do you fill that emptiness?

I wouldn't want to be an imprisoned child for 18 years. How do you discover who you are when cut loose at 18? You can't so you struggle desperately to find an identity and latch on to the first thing that makes you feel included even if it's a jaded ideology.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister

When we were kids the last thing we wanted to do was sit alone indoors in seclusion.

I wouldn't want to be an imprisoned child for 18 years. How do you discover who you are when cut loose at 18? You can't so you struggle desperately to find an identity and latch on to the first thing that makes you feel included even if it's a jaded ideology.

Exceptionally well said
+5000

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick

I agree with everything but your 'spirituality part.

Someone's belief, or not, in anything spiritual doesn't make them a better person. That "emptiness" can be filled with lots of things that has nothing to do with spirituality. My brother's family don't really have any spirituality, yet my SIL and niece constantly volunteer for things like food banks, helping the homeless, making meals, etc.

But the rest, sadly, I do agree with. And am thankful that my brother and SIL are raising my niece to be an amazing person despite the social media BS.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Someone's belief, or not, in anything spiritual doesn't make them a better person. That "emptiness" can be filled with lots of things that has nothing to do with spirituality. My brother's family don't really have any spirituality, yet my SIL and niece constantly volunteer for things like food banks, helping the homeless, making meals, etc.
That isn't spirituality. That is community involvement. It's noble but sharing is purly human nature.

You might be tieing Religion to spirituality and that's okay.

Spirituality goes far beyond Religion.

Without experiencing something, how the hell would you know it was missing from your life?

Last edited:

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
That isn't spirituality. That is community involvement. It's noble but sharing is purly human nature.

You might be tieing Religion to spirituality and that's okay.

Spirituality goes far beyond Religion.

Without experiencing something, how the hell would you know it was missing from your life?

Sharing isn't just purely human nature.

So I guess then I should ask to clarify what you mean by Spirituality?

I also think that the emptiness can still be filled by what you call 'community involvement', and thus do not necessarily need to have someone be spiritual.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I agree with everything but your 'spirituality part.

But the rest, sadly, I do agree with. And am thankful that my brother and SIL are raising my niece to be an amazing person despite the social media BS.
It appears your family has spirituality and put it to great use in their community , they should be complimented. Organized religion is necessary for spirituality.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
It appears your family has spirituality and put it to great use in their community , they should be complimented. Organized religion is necessary for spirituality.
That should read not necessary.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Sharing isn't just purely human nature.
So I guess then I should ask to clarify what you mean by Spirituality?
I also think that the emptiness can still be filled by what you call 'community involvement', and thus do not necessarily need to have someone be spiritual.
Spirituality isn't an action, a string of words or a lifestyle.

Those are outward. Spirituality is inwards, personal, a sense of calm, a mitigation of fears, believing in yourself, rational thought, control of emotion, knowing what you are capable of and most importantly acceptance of the rotten as being on par with the good.

You can't achieve that by following the digital herd or by seeking approval of the herd, isolation and pepetually lashing out in anger.

There are 2 paths to happiness. Indifference or acceptance of an imperfect world.

I accept that I'm not perfect and the world isn't perfect but be damned if I'll lash out in rage trying to make everyone else around me perfect when I know I'm not.

I can go hand out sammiches but is because of spiritual endeavours or is it ego?

Last edited: