Hypocrisy of the Left

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
on the topic there was an report this week that to afford a one bedroom apartment in Vancouver you would need to makes something like $27 an hour.

So two people working for minimum wage could afford a one bedroom apartment. As log as rent was their only expense.

the system is breaking down.
Why are they working for minimum wage ?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Why are they working for minimum wage ?

There ARE some jobs where minimum wage is appropriate, like starting wage for youths where they have no knowledge or experience at the job. Jobs that don't generate enough money to pay more. Jobs like "baby sitting" a telephone to take calls and record and disperse messages. Some jobs performed by bureaucrats. Jobs where strenuous manual labour is involved should pay MORE.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
when the people you need to work cannot afford to live in the place where they work - something is amiss.
there is a disconnect between wages and rents in some places and I don't see how it gets fixed.
If you come up with an answer please share it.
Governments are largely to blame (all levels) but I don't see a solution anytime soon.
Here is what I see happening since I live in what is largely a retirement community
1) Landlord tennent act discriminates againt landlords, thus making rental property a poor investment.
2) House prices are artificially high because newly minted millionaires are moving here since they can build a new mcmansion and still have a 1/2 million or so in the bank.
3) This same group has been very vocal in eliminating any industry that might effect their new lifestyle.This destroys all the good paying jobs.
4)Government regulations make new construction prohibitively expensive.
5) Government regulations prevent secondary suites and trailers.
6) Retirees have a limited time left and mostly have all the goods they require and low income workers do not have the disposible income necessary.
I could probably come up with a bunch more but most of it all comes back to government intervention.

The only solution I see is to get our industry back.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
when the people you need to work cannot afford to live in the place where they work - something is amiss.
there is a disconnect between wages and rents in some places and I don't see how it gets fixed.

Because your elected officials encouraged realtors to start advertising for foreign investment and granted special concessions to foreign investment to stimulate your economy. Gov. and realtors made a killing, locals got slammed

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

The first rule of pay for most jobs is the job HAS to generate more money than is paid to the employee. One exception would be where the job is necessitated to preserve human life.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
This is more likely the cause of your relationshop with God being the way it is. Everybody has a role to play in the final few scenes. Everybody will be at the party that starts after a certain 'act'.

Joh:12:42-43:
Nevertheless among the chief rulers also many believed on him;
but because of the Pharisees they did not confess him,
lest they should be put out of the synagogue:
For they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God.
M't:19:20-23:
The young man saith unto him,
All these things have I kept from my youth up:
what lack I yet?
Jesus said unto him,
If thou wilt be perfect,
go and sell that thou hast,
and give to the poor,
and thou shalt have treasure in heaven:
and come and follow me.
But when the young man heard that saying,
he went away sorrowful:
for he had great possessions.
Then said Jesus unto his disciples,
Verily I say unto you,
That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.

The sparrows in the verse below will be remembered by God after Re:22 ends, the first ones He will remember at that time are the two He killed in the garden to make clothes for Adam and Eve.

Lu:12:6-7:
Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings,
and not one of them is forgotten before God?
But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered.
Fear not therefore:
ye are of more value than many sparrows.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Metallica was good in begun then he did face guitar end American now old.
Happens to everybody, the best lyrics come from back when music still carried a message. What would be the one to go with this song??
Edwin Starr - War (What is it good for)

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Jesus is enemy to Allah.
Really? The God in 3 religions is the very same God.

With Muslims Jesus was like He was when He spend a weekend with the 'woman from the well'. John was still the High Priest so Jesus had not yet become more than the Prophet He was at that time.
The Gospel of John and the Revelations of John were written by the beloved Discople of John the Baptist and he was called by God just like Moses was so the writings of his Disciple are OT Books rather than NT as they are the writings of a few men Jesus gathered after His 40 days in the wilderness. If Daniel had those books he would not have been confused about anything.

BTW, the beloved Disciple is a woman called 'Mary of Bethany', real Christians know that. You can use that to tell us apart in a hurry.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
What facts are you using?
What measures would have to be put into place to freeze inflation to get the desired results?
Pros and Cons of Raising Minimum Wage
I'm using the actual history of minimum wage rises and cost-of-living rises.

But I understand your argument. The inputs into production are land, buildings, capital equipment, raw materials, labor, and such miscellaneous as power, transportation, and financing. Because everybody knows land, buildings, capital equipment, raw materials, and miscellaneous are free, only labor is a cost. Therefore, if you double the cost of labor, you must double the price of finished good.

Brilliant argument. Great job.

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
on the topic there was an report this week that to afford a one bedroom apartment in Vancouver you would need to makes something like $27 an hour.

So two people working for minimum wage could afford a one bedroom apartment. As log as rent was their only expense.

the system is breaking down.

Oh DONT WORRY hemer-HOID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That 55 plus percent of the Cdn public that usually DOES NOT VOTE in any election....................................

HAWS CHANGED ITS MIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They WANT THEIR COUNTRY BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIE-berals and civil service union HOGS..........................................

Idle No More.............................................

Black Lives Matter....................................

and that HORDE OF ILLEGALS...................................................

drug addicts....................................................

and the Poverty Pips that enable the drugged and irrational..................................................

should all be PUT ON NOTICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A SERIOUS REGIME CHANGE IS COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And a pile of hemer-HOID NONSENSE and delusional fantasies ...........................................

about white natty`s drowning in tide water........................................

will not refocus the argument!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
I'm using the actual history of minimum wage rises and cost-of-living rises.

But I understand your argument. The inputs into production are land, buildings, capital equipment, raw materials, labor, and such miscellaneous as power, transportation, and financing. Because everybody knows land, buildings, capital equipment, raw materials, and miscellaneous are free, only labor is a cost. Therefore, if you double the cost of labor, you must double the price of finished good.

Brilliant argument. Great job.

Poor T-bonesforbrains!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You FORGET.....................................

YOU ARE TALKING TO CDNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE have more economic experience than you Yankees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pierre Trudeau brought in wage and price controls and was FORCED TO ABANDON THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Cdn civil service union HOGS DEMAND regular shipments of NEW GRAVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And here in Ontari-owe we had Wynne-bag LIE-berals.........................................

and they put the minimum wage Up..............................

WAY UP in a few short months...............................

not that it did ANYBODY ANY GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Except for Wynne-bag LIE-berals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You see in a LIE-beral progressive tax system....................................

the more money you make.........................................

the MORE TAXES YOU PAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get a ONE THIRD INCREASE in pay from $10 bucks up to $15............................................

and you PAY WAY MORE in income tax!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And of course the PRICE OF EVERYTHING JUMPS because of the increased labour costs........................................

so people BUY LESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You got a raise in pay............................................

and you got SHORTER HOURS............................................

MEANING REDUCED PAY because of LESS customers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And of course sales tax is a proportion of the price of stuff...............................................

if price goes up...........................................

then SO DOES SALES Tax revenue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

which is the FIRST THING Wynne-bag wanted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MORE GRAVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More sales tax revenue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And this wage increase DROVE UP INFLATION.........................................

and that gave Wynne-bag the SECOND THING SHE WANTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She got an EXCUSE to hand over MORE GRAVY TO HOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To cover the cost of INFLATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That LIE-berals CREATED IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You hear people talking about "helping the poor" by increasing the minimum wage.................................

and you ARE GUARANTEED THEY ARE TALKING TRASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017

National bankruptcy TRUMPS foolish LIE-beral sentiment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How sad for Yankees that President Trump..................................

IS THE PERFECT FOIL...................................

for these contentious times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The BIGGEST BEEF LIE-berals have with Trump.............................................

is that his insults are more creative and nasty than THEIRS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIE-berals are not accustomed to having mud SLUNG BACK AT THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!