Thuggery of the Left

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
When you get right down to it there really isn't much difference in thought process between extreme right and extreme left.
Even the terms right and left are subject to abuse and missrepresentation. For example I am a fiscal conservative but I have no use for the religious wing nuts that are called social conservatives. At the same time I have zero tolorance for the extreme left that want to destroy our way of life. Or demand that someone else pay for their lifestyle which I guess is partly fiscal conservatism. I'm not against a social safety net, just the abuse of it.

Sounds about right as long as they don't pay capable people who refuse to work. Vernon is overwhelmed with slobs and troublemakers who have no respect for people's property or safety or well being and yet the f**Kers are drawing welfare and the bleeding hearts encourage it. I have no problem with someone who is down on their luck but at least makes an effort and is respectful.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
If you read my response, you'd see that I DON'T consider all the right or even all the alt-right neo-fascists. I said if we went by Walter's rules, then alt-right are neo-fascists.
My definition of alt-right? Anarchists who want to change things with violence who have extreme right views like racial superiority, religious superiority and regressive ideologies like a 'woman's place' and are isolationists. Who believe conspiracy theories are more real than reality. Who would love to see their country become a dictatorship rather than democratic.
So I guess the same in general (being Anarchists), but just the extreme right (KKK, Alex Jones types, Evangelical Christians/Muslims/Jews).
That said, I also do NOT broad brush everyone who is right leaning into neo-fascists/alt-right. There are republican types/conservative types who aren't, and though some right leaning people might march and the neo-fascists might join their march, that doesn't make all of them neo-fascists.
You're confused.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
When you get right down to it there really isn't much difference in thought process between extreme right and extreme left.
Even the terms right and left are subject to abuse and missrepresentation. For example I am a fiscal conservative but I have no use for the religious wing nuts that are called social conservatives. At the same time I have zero tolorance for the extreme left that want to destroy our way of life. Or demand that someone else pay for their lifestyle which I guess is partly fiscal conservatism. I'm not against a social safety net, just the abuse of it.

I agree the extreme fringes wherever they are placed on the spectrum is all about controlling the population as a whole, and not conducive to the rights and freedoms that we would like to enjoy. Keep Gov. out of my life and pocketbook, help pay for basic human rights, and services, help people back on their feet if they stumble.

I would like to add nobody in our society is more entitled to anything more than the next, no matter religion, colour, race, old stock, new stock, native, immigrant or language.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I agree the extreme fringes wherever they are placed on the spectrum is all about controlling the population as a whole, and not conducive to the rights and freedoms that we would like to enjoy. Keep Gov. out of my life and pocketbook, help pay for basic human rights, and services, help people back on their feet if they stumble.
I would like to add nobody in our society is more entitled to anything more than the next, no matter religion, colour, race, old stock, new stock, native, immigrant or language.
You're a racist.